[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Hersheypark: Candylane Trip Report Nov 15 & 22 also TSO

Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Hersheypark: Candylane Trip Report Nov 15 & 22 also TSO

Post  Stormwinder on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:02 pm

I guess I haven’t done my review and report of Candylane 2009. I went last weekend and this weekend. I thought they had the most characters out that I have ever seen at the park. Yesterday every ride was open. Both days the crowd was not bad. They did not decorate any more or less at the park. If you include NOEL, they decorated a lot more. I think that the park did a good job with Christmas this year. Lets hope it stays this way through the end of December.

Now The pictures

The Kissmas tree is in Comet Hollow Again

Music Box Way

Stupid fly got in my picture. Sad

Santa’s reindeer are back in Canyon River Catering rendeer

NOEL was a good show (although Dutch Wonderland had a better song selection). Don’t even bother trying to watch it from the Looper bridge, you cant even see the Kissmas tree there. The Dolphin bridge is the best if you want to see a overall view of it. Also if you can time it right riding the Skyview during the show is cool.

Chocolate World has a house made out of all chocolate. You can see Santa infront of it.

I saw Trans Siberian Orchestra yesterday at the Giant Center. I had 5th row seats. I have seen them 6 times and this one was one of the best.

Coaster Master Level

Re: Hersheypark: Candylane Trip Report Nov 15 & 22 also TSO

Post  HPCrazy on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:00 pm

Nice pics there! I was actually expecting more pics from you than that as a matter of fact. I'm guessing they were from the day after we went (except the Trans Siberian ones). I agree that they added more lights if you include N.O.E.L.. Actually I think that N.O.E.L. makes Comet Hollow look alot prettier. It seemed to draw alot of interest to park patrons. I hope that they will bring it back again next year.
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:55 pm

I did take a lot more pictures, but it takes a while to load them all up. NOEL was a good addition to Candylane.

Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Great pictures! I like how much Hershey decorates. The setup looks great this year.
    hpinsane
    Hydra: The Revenge Level
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

It certainly was...it certainly was!

Post  hpinsane on Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:37 am

Fanatic wrote:Great pictures! I like how much Hershey decorates. The setup looks great this year.
    Yeah, these are really nice pictures. Kudos to all the people who set that stuff up!
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:19 am

hpinsane wrote:
    Fanatic wrote:Great pictures! I like how much Hershey decorates. The setup looks great this year.
    Yeah, these are really nice pictures. Kudos to all the people who set that stuff up!

Agreed! Out of all three events, Candylane probably takes the most time and effort to set up/tear down. HP in the Dark doesn't have nearly as much, and STITP has barely anything. I remember seeing pics of STITP in the first year or two of operations, and they had the park more decorated with balloons and large flower ornaments. It was actually pretty nice. Now, it's just what you would find at HP in the Dark, minus the Halloween-based names, decorations, music and the rides out in Midway.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:00 am