Working at Hersheypark

Post  trumpetplayer105 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:28 pm

I work in rides in the Pioneer area.
    hpinsane
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Re: Working at Hersheypark

Post  hpinsane on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:20 pm

trumpetplayer105 wrote:I work in rides in the Pioneer area.
    Oh cool! I was never in that group, but I'd work for people there all the time.

How many rides do you know? I've operated all of them at one time or another, including Giant Wheel, Chaos, Cyclops and Conestoga.

You know, Hershey's gotten rid of a lot of rides that start with C.

trumpetplayer105
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  trumpetplayer105 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:55 pm

I know all of Pioneer plus trailblazer, turnpike, frog hopper, and fender bender in minetown, RXCC, Sooperdooperlooper, tilt a whirl, wave swinger, traffic jam, skyview, monorail, and starship America in Hollow, Lightning Racer, and Tidal Force in Midway, and Roller Soaker, Coastline Plunge, and The Lazy River in Boardwalk.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:53 pm

trumpetplayer105 wrote:I know all of Pioneer plus trailblazer, turnpike, frog hopper, and fender bender in minetown, RXCC, Sooperdooperlooper, tilt a whirl, wave swinger, traffic jam, skyview, monorail, and starship America in Hollow, Lightning Racer, and Tidal Force in Midway, and Roller Soaker, Coastline Plunge, and The Lazy River in Boardwalk.
    Cool. I shadowed in maintenance in February and that's pretty much as close as I got to working there. I do plan on trying to apply for a job there next fall since I will be going to college nearby at Penn State.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:24 pm

trumpetplayer105 wrote:I know all of Pioneer plus trailblazer, turnpike, frog hopper, and fender bender in minetown, RXCC, Sooperdooperlooper, tilt a whirl, wave swinger, traffic jam, skyview, monorail, and starship America in Hollow, Lightning Racer, and Tidal Force in Midway, and Roller Soaker, Coastline Plunge, and The Lazy River in Boardwalk.

Wow, that's alot of knowledge - lol! Maybe I've seen you there in the past or will see you next season! Smile
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:17 pm

I moved stuff from The Ghost Stories forum to this one. We can discuss our experences, where we worked at the park, ect.
    Anyway, I work in the food department.

Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:53 pm

Good idea Stormwinder! I'd love to work in their Marketing Dept. I have so many great ideas that would help them out so much.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:43 pm

I wish I lived close enough to get a job there. Wink
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:53 pm

I wish I there was a way for me to present myself to their Marketing Dept. I'd go up there with my drawing and ideas and present them all to them personally.

woozybear
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  woozybear on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:47 pm

I used to work in the rides department from 2000-2004. I spent the first 2 summers in the carrousel circle area, 2 summers as a floater going all over the park, and I spent my last summer in Midway. I ended up learning every single ride in the park...most of which are still there and some that unfortunately are not.

Those were the greatest summers of my life, and I thought about going back to work there this past summer.
    The Storm Runner
    Contributor
    Contributor

Post  The Storm Runner on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:57 pm

I was in Midway this past year, so I know Racer, Cat, Mouse, T-Force, Wheel, Whip, Express, Fun Slides (unfortunately...), Granny Bugs, and Pony Parade. Sometimes I was an extra and sent elsewhere, and after those experiences, Candylane, and Springtime in the Park, I also know RXCC, Looper, Turnpike, Helicopters, Mini-Him, and partially Trailblazer. I'm gettin' there. Very Happy My favorites would have to be Wildcat, Tidal Force, Lightning Racer, and Turnpike.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:32 pm

Like I said above, I am interested in applying to work there when I move out there. It would kind of get my feet into the amusement industry, but the problem is that Captial Area Transit doesn't have a route heading from Middletown to Hershey. I would probably need to head into Harrisburg and transfer onto another bus route. Luckly the fare for students is only $1.05 (I think) so that's not terribly bad.
    Does anyone know if they hire for Hersheypark in the Dark, Springtime in the Park, and Christmas? Also, what are some of the benefits?
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:12 pm

Ccron10 wrote:Like I said above, I am interested in applying to work there when I move out there. It would kind of get my feet into the amusement industry, but the problem is that Captial Area Transit doesn't have a route heading from Middletown to Hershey. I would probably need to head into Harrisburg and transfer onto another bus route. Luckly the fare for students is only $1.05 (I think) so that's not terribly bad.
    Does anyone know if they hire for Hersheypark in the Dark, Springtime in the Park, and Christmas? Also, what are some of the benefits?

I'm pretty sure they hire for seasonal events, besides bringing people back in that work over the summer. Just keep checking Hershey Jobs.com for seasonal positions. I also think they have a winter job fair in the foyer of the Giant Center either in January or February (they change them around so you'll just have to check). I know this because back in early 2004, I attended to possibly look into working for them F/T in their Marketing and Design areas(they only have seasonal positions there so that never did or will work for me) plus Storm Runner's track was laying out in the parking lot at the time.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:32 am

Actually I think they were having one when I job shadowed last year. They had a bunch of people waiting in the hallways of the maintenance building. Not unless they were conducting interviews there and having the job fair at Giant Center (which probably was the case).
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:18 pm

They were probably doing interviews and such. They usually have the Giant Center job fair before that time I think.
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:21 pm

The park is having a job fair at the Giant Center on December 9th.

Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:22 am

They changed our employee rides section names, if any employees wanted to know.

Post  hpinsane on Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:46 am

Stormwinder wrote:They changed our employee rides section names, if any employees wanted to know.
    They did? What are they now? Do you work at the park?
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:42 pm

The last time I heard, the sections were divided up as the area, known as Water, controlled The Boardwalk and all the rides over to Trailblazer. Midway controlled all of the Midway America rides, Minetown has their own area, and I think Comet Hollow and Founder's Circle are all one group as well as the rest of Pioneer Frontier and Music Box Way. This deals with the maintenance department, but I'm sure it's different for rides, games, and food.

As far as applying for a job, I plan on stopping by guest services and asking them about seeing if I could be able to apply and work for Halloween and Candylane.
    Oh, last week I went to my college's orientation and they said that Hersheypark is the campus's biggest employer. Smile
    hpinsane

Post  hpinsane on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:10 pm

I bet they'd let you work in April and May, too, if you have the time to work. I've had a few friends over the years who have just worked April, May, August through December.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:10 pm

In 2 weeks I will be moving to college and one of the things I am thinking of is a job. What I plan on doing now is getting a job on-campus for the fall and winter and then apply for a job at the park when the job fair is.
    So far things aren't holding up too well. I submitted an application to my campus 3 weeks ago with no reply. I re-submitted another one yesterday and now I'm waitting to see what happens. It things don't work out, then I'll look into finding someone to carpool with and maybe apply for a job at the park a little early and see about a seasonal job somewhere in January and February.
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:11 pm

Good luck to you.

Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:46 pm

I filled out the interest card on the jobs website last week and I still haven't heard back from anyone on campus about a job. If I don't hear anything back by the time I go to the park later next week, I'll see about stopping by Guest Services and ask if they'll be hiring for the Halloween and X-Mas season. 3 days until move-in day. Smile
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:55 pm

If we don't meet up with you this October, maybe I'll see you there running a ride. Either way, I hope to see you this October!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 29, 2017 2:41 am