Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Hersheypark: Springtime in the Park 2010 Discussion (All Rides will be Open) 3/17/10

hpinsane
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Re: Hersheypark: Springtime in the Park 2010 Discussion (All Rides will be Open) 3/17/10

Post  hpinsane on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:53 pm

I finally got in contact with a friend of mine from the park and here's what I've learned. Fahrenheit will not be open for Springtime. From what I've heard, they're waiting on parts to get in that were significantly delayed due to the February snow storms. Also, the Midway will be open for Springtime. The original plan was to not have it open, but with the string of warm weather, they decided to go ahead and open it anyway.

Additionally, no real work has been done in the park, as has been rumored with the Kissing Tower-Turnpike area, except that flooring was worked on at Trailblazer and the popcorn stand by the pretzel place and Comet was torn down and rebuilt.
    brentott
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Springtime in the Park starts this week! Who's going?

Post  brentott on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:45 pm

Myself and my girlfriend Brandi will be going on Saturday, April 10th and Sunday, April 11. We're also most likely going to be attending Hershey Gardens on that Sunday morning. We've explored a lot of Hershey, this is one of the remaining places we've yet to do so. Anyone ever been there? Thoughts?

Besides that, WHO'S EXCITED FOR THE PARK!??!

cheers

gardener14
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Re: Hersheypark: Springtime in the Park 2010 Discussion (All Rides will be Open) 3/17/10

Post  gardener14 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:20 pm

Hershey Gardens is a lovely place to explore. I'm not sure what's in bloom or growing in April, but whenever I've visited in August, it's always been full of annual flower beds and beautiful rose gardens, and the butterfly house is open then. Enjoy your visit when there will likely be many spring bulbs in bloom such as Tulips, and plan to visit again in the summer when there will likely be even more to enjoy.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Oh well, no big deal then since it wasn't open last year.

As of right now the weather for the first weekend looks really good with sun and highs in the low 70's for Friday and Saturday with clouds and a chance for a shower on Sunday. I'm guessing that Saturday would be the day to avoid then.
    As for myself, my girlfriend and I are planning on going either Friday or Sunday. Right now Friday seems the best day and hopefully we'll stop at ZooAmerica while we're there (I don't think I was there before). Hopefully the crowds won't be too bad.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:08 pm

5 days until opening and I can already tell this week is going to feel long. I am going on Friday and hopefully spending the the day up there. I'm not going to bring my camera along so don't expect a photo TR. Sorry.

By the way, does anyone know how much of a discount it is to buy tickets at Giant?

What is everyone looking forward to and what will your first ride be?
    Mine will either be something in Founder's Circle, Lightning Racer or Storm Runner.

woozybear
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  woozybear on Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:03 pm

I'm going Friday, and I am as ready as can be for it to get here. I haven't gotten my season pass yet, but I plan on making a trip sometime this week to do so.

I'm looking forward to enjoying the rides again with my kids. They're at the age where it's all about them having fun, and I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. My first ride will be whatever they want it to be, but hopefully it's Lightning Racer with my son (if he's up for it.)

Ccron10 wrote:
    By the way, does anyone know how much of a discount it is to buy tickets at Giant?

Not sure. I checked the flyer that was in the paper, and it said see store for details.
    hpinsane

Post  hpinsane on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:13 pm

Hey, here's a new update.

The latest I've heard is that Fahrenheit might be ready to go for Springtime. It's got a better shot than the Great Bear....which seems less than likely to be open on Friday. From what I was told, the problem seems to be a delay in getting parts for the ride.

Also, per the Storm Runner issue last year, evidently there was a problem with the train which the ride manufacturer wanted to personally work on the train. So rather than send someone to America, they had the trains shipped to them. In the return process, paperwork was out of order and no one wanted to pay up the full cost of getting correct paperwork, and various fines assessed by the government. So the trains stayed in limbo until the money issue was settled.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:29 pm

The Gardens are great. You get a nice view of the park from up there. Just walking and taking in the landscape, but it's worth it. I went there and then the original museum in the same day, the year the museum closed. I have a few pics of the garden from the summer of that year too:

Butterfly exhibit:

brentott
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  brentott on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:53 pm

awesome shots!

can't wait!
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:14 pm

Thanks.
    Hope you have fun when you go!
    hpinsane

Post  hpinsane on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:03 am

I've pretty much had it confirmed that barring any kind of problems, both Fahrenheit and Great Bear should be good to go. The only issue may be that both rides could open later in the day, rather than at park opening time.
    HersheyParkGuy
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  HersheyParkGuy on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:05 pm

Today the park was CRAZY. There were lines today that I haven't seen in the peak of summer. The Comet line was backed up the hill to the popcorn stand, and the great bear queue was completely filled (probably because the were only running one train.) We got there around 10:15, and the lines were not so bad, but why the time we left around 1, that's when we saw the lines get out of control. Farenheit and Storm Runner were both fully operational when we got there, and Great Bear was out of service twice.

A lot of small changes took place in the park that I noticed today. Nothing notable or exciting, Just some stuff I picked up on.

There was a lot of work going on with TidelForce. Part of the ride is draped of with black covering. To me, they either repainted it, or replaced some supports. They were also doing a lot of concrete work.

And the Boardwalk-- there was a lot of stuff going on at the Boardwalk. It was mentioned in a different post about there being no more standing water in East Coast Water Works, and you can clearly see the large drainage they cut into the concrete to handle the extra drainage (see photo)

Other than that, it was a beautify day, and a long winter and glad to be HersheyPark happy again.

EDIT: I'd have more pictures if it wasn't for my wife busting me because I take pictures just to post online. Sorry.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:18 pm

I wasn't surprised at all with your post. Sounds like last year with the Harley thing going on. Started out slow and got worse which forced them to open Midway. I remember waiting approx 45 min or so for Great Bear (almost full queue) and even the Falcon had a decent-sized line. But that was Sat though. I expect it to be even worse tomorrow (being a Sat again) with the weather forecast.

The more I think about it, I'm better off waiting until June (we're planning on going at our usual time, the first Sunday or around that). If the weather continues to stay like this, I believe every day will be swarmed, except Easter.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:28 pm

You got there right around when my gf and I did. If you saw two people wearing the same bright yellow shirt, they were us.

Here's a quick preview of my trip report.
    The place was packed! The shortest wait had to be 15 to 20 minutes ironicly being Storm Runner with the longest wait close to 1 hour being RECC. I now hate Sidewinder and Wildcat, but over than that, it wasn't a terribly bad visit.
    Like I said, I'll go more into detail in my TR tomorrow.

EDIT: Matt, It was worse than last year, I can't even imagine how full it will be tomorrow. Heck, it will possibly be double from what it was today ( and there were quite a few full queues too).

tatertot3710
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tatertot3710 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:35 pm

Should I expect next Sunday to be bad? It seemed to me that most enthusiasts were going this weekend. How is this so much worse than HPITD?
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:38 pm

You may be right, but idk. I'd say try it lol. Sats during HP in the Dark are bad, but we should all know that by now. Wink
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:41 pm

Ccron10 wrote:You got there right around when my gf and I did. If you saw two people wearing the same bright yellow shirt, they were us.

Here's a quick preview of my trip report.
    The place was packed! The shortest wait had to be 15 to 20 minutes ironicly being Storm Runner with the longest wait close to 1 hour being RECC. I now hate Sidewinder and Wildcat, but over than that, it wasn't a terribly bad visit.
    Like I said, I'll go more into detail in my TR tomorrow.

EDIT: Matt, It was worse than last year, I can't even imagine how full it will be tomorrow. Heck, it will possibly be double from what it was today ( and there were quite a few full queues too).

Remember last year, it was mainly due to Harley but I knew the crowds were going to be terrible this weekend with people having extended weekends and off work on Fri. But I actually thought today may have not have been that bad (but worse than Sunday). I never EVER seen the Comet's line go up the hill to the popcorn stand like Hersheyparkguy mentioned, and I've seen them set up extra switchbacks on the midway already. When it's that long, it's bad.

By the way, I already thought you hated Sidewinder,
    HersheyParkGuy
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  HersheyParkGuy on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:45 pm

I'm curious to hear what the crowds are like tomorrow if anyone is going. I would most definitely bet it will be far worse than it was today.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:50 pm

I definitely agree with you 100%. I was going to state that as a matter of fact. I'll be curious myself, but I bet you it will be double or even tripple the amount of people. I hate crowds and I can find them to be as miserable at times in comparison to if it was raining out.
    brentott
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Got back from my trip a few hours ago!

Post  brentott on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:04 am

It was an AMAZING weekend in Hershey, as always. I spent Saturday and Sunday (10th and 11th) in HersheyPark, and have the sunburn to show for it! I also attended Hershey Gardens this morning (Sunday).

I got a chance to ride all 10 roller coasters which were open, minus Roller Soaker of course. Everthing else I rode, and did Great Bear twice! The park was pretty busy at times, but nothing too bad. Longest line was on Fahrenheit, which I enjoyed the, parden my French, @$&% out of. Wink

I really enjoyed the Gardens. It's early Spring, but much more than I though was in Bloom. I hold Season Passes to HersheyPark, and after my visit to the Gardens, will be getting Passes to them as well so I can visit with each trip and see what is blooming and what has changed, etc...

I also, as ALWAYS, shot some photography. Check it out!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=204145&id=514321203&l=3b40b238b2

Thanks guys! Awesome!

tatertot3710
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tatertot3710 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:54 am

Did you notice the valleyed train on the thunder side of LR today?
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:40 pm

brentott wrote:I also, as ALWAYS, shot some photography. Check it out!!

You and I are too much alike lol! Very Happy
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:10 pm

Nice shots! Especially of the Gardens - some areas where I didn't stroll to.
    Glad you had fun. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:44 am