Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

gohershey
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Re: Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

Post  gohershey on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:57 pm

I really hope its a mega coaster. I would be SOOOOOO happy!!! the layout(from the markers) looks like it will be spread out and mega coasters have plenty of airtime which hershey doesnt
    coasterbilly
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  coasterbilly on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:29 am

If their were many rumors pointing to a B&M Hyper then how would a Giga or Mega from Intamin be any different? lol both are HUGE rides that require space, if the golf course is indeed utilized then it's possible for anything at this point, I am definitely not against an Intamin of that caliber coming to Hershey, but I still would like to see B&M over it only because it will mix it up for the park
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:47 am

(7/7/10) Some may be thinking back to the coaster project that got away from Hersheypark… Turbulence (aka: Frequent Faller), as a possible inspiration for the park to buy a ZacSpin coaster from Intamin. However it has also been pointed out that the overall project area contained within the known survey points is really far too large for a ZacSpin, so we’ve got to think bigger. Could Hersheypark be thinking of building the first Mega-Lite coaster in the US perhaps? We know they have been a huge hit internationally. Of course Intamin also has a few other tricks we have yet to see in the US like the Wingwalker coaster, the new Spinning Coaster or even the infamous AquaTrax system. So far all we have is very mild rumors and lots of speculation. Time to do some digging.
    Has anyone checked along Park Blvd. for markers yet? If anyone can do this, it would give us a great idea on the size of a project we need to think about.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:02 pm

We have a couple people who are always there: WoozyBear, Stormwinder, and HersheyParkGuy. The second usually providing us with some kind of update/photo updates. I know I won't be back until October so yeah if anyone can manage to get out there somewhere and provide some photos should something be spotted, that would be great.
    intaminfan08
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  intaminfan08 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:17 pm

As a HersheyPark local myself, I visit frequently. Things seem to be heating up so I took I drive around the perimeter to take a good look at things this afternoon. No noticeable things out of the ordinary later as things start progressing more I can provide updates with pictures to the site. I would really love for a coaster to venture across the bride on the comet hollow side of the park just imagining it today seemed pretty incredible. My hopes are high.

tatertot3710
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tatertot3710 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:24 pm

gohershey wrote:There is NO real airtime on anything at hershey. The only exeptions would be Fahrenheits last hill(it almost hurts) and lightening Racer sometimes you will come out of your seat, but thats it. EVERY major theme park has a coaster with airtime exept hershey

Have you ever ridden Storm Runner?

njcoast
    Kozmo's Kurves level
    Kozmo's Kurves level

Post  njcoast on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:52 pm

Like I said earlier if it's going to be a B&M hyper there will be markings on the other side of comets lake and across the street onto golf course.
    gohershey
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  gohershey on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:54 pm

tatertot3710 wrote:
    gohershey wrote:There is NO real airtime on anything at hershey. The only exeptions would be Fahrenheits last hill(it almost hurts) and lightening Racer sometimes you will come out of your seat, but thats it. EVERY major theme park has a coaster with airtime exept hershey

Have you ever ridden Storm Runner?

Its only on the first hill though. Im just saying they need airtime and there isnt enough room for a BandM hyper so an intamin megalite is what they need
    hpinsane
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  hpinsane on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:03 pm

njcoast wrote:Like I said earlier if it's going to be a B&M hyper there will be markings on the other side of comets lake and across the street onto golf course.
    They won't be building a coaster that bridges Park Avenue. Granted, it seems pretty logical they're going to expand that way in the future, but I don't see Hershey doing anything like that. There's a reason why Storm Runner is 150 / 180, and it has more to do with state regulations than it does the height of Kissing Tower.

That said, if a ride is far enough away from the Kissing Tower (outside the current footprint of the park) I think anything could happen. Look at how much potential space there is for the park to expand into the golf course and beyond.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:19 pm

There's still enough room out through there to expand the park, even if part of a hyper were to go out there. Now I don't even see them going higher than the Kissing Tower as far as height of another coaster or even a drop tower. Perhaps if we're getting a drop tower, then it will be the height of the Drop Towers at Carowinds and California's Great America as they are shorter than what the height of Kissing Tower is currently. Also how far is Harrisburg International from HP (like 12 miles?)? Doesn't that also have something to do with height restrictions?
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  2012 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:29 pm

What I learned from a friend that works there,

Intamin
    Interacts with Comet, Great Bear, and SDL

Take it with a grain of salt, it could be ride op rumors. I did not ask about the golf course.

njcoast
    Kozmo's Kurves level
    Kozmo's Kurves level

Post  njcoast on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:26 pm

Well if what underslayer said is true and the project is x2012hpbm35 then it seems likely it will be a B&M but until we see more markings its anyones guess, but it will be one masterpiece if it incorporates the other three coasters........awsomel
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:45 am

I really don't see how they can interact another major coaster within three existing coasters. I'm still trying to figure that out. That whole area is going to look like a massive steel jungle, should it turn out this way.

coasteral

Post  coasteral on Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:03 pm

Well It would be awesome if it were a b&m coaster or A FLOORLESS COASTER!!!!!! Very Happy Like Medusa
    ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

Post  ChiefRedskin89 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:37 pm

I don't get why people are saying "we don't have room for a B&M Hyper so we should get a mega-lite." Honestly B&MHypers are easyer to fit then Mega-lites. They take up a skinny footprint so they can be put on edges of parks and stuff and their up in the air more so they can go over things. Mega-lites are almost always built on flat peices of land and can't interact with anything aroud it because its low the ground a lot.
    gohershey
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  gohershey on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Inverted coasters are also built on "flat pieces of land" and Great Bear is not. Schwarzkopf loopers are built on "flat pieces" of land and SDL is not. In general roller coasters are built on flat pieces of land because most land is flat. There is no way they will get a B and M hyper cause there isnt even close to enough room and megalites are very compact and can be configured to peices of land unlike B and M hypers.
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:42 pm

Hershey looks like a mess already, so there is no type of roller coaster that we "don't have room for." Knowing the park, they will find a way to fit a big ride in a small space. There are many examples of this in the park.

Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:03 pm

Stormwinder has a point. Look at Fahrenheit for example. I originally thought they were going to demolish Tidal Force Catering to put that in. Same goes with Storm Runner and Trailblazer Catering. I guess we can always expect the unexpected when it comes to HP building a coaster.
    gohershey
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  gohershey on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:30 pm

They could but I dont thhink they will build a B and M. They would need land clearing started already because B and M is very early with planning and have most of their coasters built by January or February the year of opening. Intamin is more flexible and can take a ride down, land clear, and build a coaster (like Fahrenheit) in several months.

njcoast
    Kozmo's Kurves level
    Kozmo's Kurves level

Post  njcoast on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:27 pm

Well all we can do is wait for a reliable or confirmed report. So hopefully we get a confirmation soon, otherwise everything is speculation. With that said any B&M coaster would be a great addition to Hershey Very Happy
    ChiefRedskin89

Post  ChiefRedskin89 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:35 am

^Pretty much any B&M is a good addition to any park haha. I guess were just going to have to trust them on what there putting in. I'm hoping and praying B&M hyper or Mega-lite but something like a flyer would be cool too. I've only been on SM:UF so I don't have much of an opinion on that.

underslayer
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  underslayer on Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:51 pm

i m at thw park rigjt now and there r some new markers .one says sta infront of the tiltawirl and some way ofer near the trIlblazer and that cattlemans bbq
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:07 pm

Those over by Trailblazer have to be for utilities unless perhaps they're moving Tilt-A-Whirl over there or maybe installing a new flat.

This will become interesting come October when we can get the meet up going. Will definitely lead to some interesting discussions.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:13 pm

What about the coaster heading over that way and run along the creek where those paths are? The only problem is Great Bear being in the way, but a tall coaster would be cool traveling through the park.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:19 pm

The monorail is also in the way, as well as Storm Runner's cobra loop. The only thing about that is if it goes over or dives under the monorail and bridgeand weaves around Storm Runner somehow. I really can't see this thing stretching all the way from Founder's Circle over to Trailblazer. If there are new markers by the Tilt-A-Whirl marked with "sta" that means that they must be for a station so like I said, the ones by Trailblazer and Freeman's maybe either for utilities or a new (or relocated) flat.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:23 pm

Don't take the markings like they're set in stone and that it is exactly where the coaster is going to be. For all many of us know, they might not even show where a track or station will be. They can't mark where every piece of track will be, yet alone what coaster features there will be.
    I believe that the markings are really the survey points where weights were placed to scout the area. Some may be for the coaster track / station, but not necessarily every single marking.
    I am still hoping for the best - for a coaster, but I'll wait and see what HP manages to pull off. Smile
    hpinsane

Post  hpinsane on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:17 am

Fanatic - there is a rollercoaster coming in in 2012, and it will be in Comet Hollow. Any other markings outside of what we've found back in May and June down and around Comet Hollow has nothing to do with the rollercoaster. That's what I've been told.

Also, don't expect anything for 2011. 2011 is going to be much like 2010 except more of what was supposed to be done for 2010 will get done in the next park layoff. Several feet of snow messed everything up last winter.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:45 am

I wasn't saying that there will not, or hoping that there will not, be a coaster coming - I've made that relatively clear in previous posts. What I was saying in the post above is that many people are thinking that the coaster has to follow the guidelines of markings in the ground. Because of this, we can't be figure out what coaster it will be and what features it will have. That's why we're talking about how, for example; ..the coaster doesn't fit here...they'll have to take something out...if it's not this type then what about this...and things like that. In the end, I don't really mind that since that's why this is a discussion. Plus, I like to think big too.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:11 pm

If it is going to be an Intamin, don't forget that there is a possibility that it could be one of those next-generation log flumes like at Cedar Point and Holiday World.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:31 pm

Why would they be doing that after completely refurbishing Coal Cracker the last several seasons? Right now I don't know what to think anymore. We keep telling different stories and people who get the scoop hear different things. I'm about ready just to sit until the cat is released out of the bag - lol!

hpinsane wrote:Also, don't expect anything for 2011. 2011 is going to be much like 2010 except more of what was supposed to be done for 2010 will get done in the next park layoff. Several feet of snow messed everything up last winter.

You know, I forget what all they were supposed to do over this past off-season. I know we got the new turnpike signs, that new game by Coal Cracker, and the Lemon Drop building. What else was there?
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:39 pm

HPCrazy wrote:Why would they be doing that after completely refurbishing Coal Cracker the last several seasons? Right now I don't know what to think anymore. We keep telling different stories and people who get the scoop hear different things. I'm about ready just to sit until the cat is leashed out of the bag - lol!
    I fully agree. We keep getting newcomers to the site saying that "this is going to happen because my brother's friend's friend works for so-and-so and he knows it's going to be a so-and-so". But we don't know if he/she is telling the truth or is making up something just because they want it to be that.

If I appear to be a pain in the A$$ in a few of the posts above, this is why. I am just testing the stories and making sure they make sense and don't turn out to be some fanboy just making up a story. Right now I'm just taking them as a grain of salt.

Guessing ans speculation is one thing, but making up something and saying it's the truth is another.
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:15 am

Ccron10 wrote:

Guessing ans speculation is one thing, but making up something and saying it's the truth is another.

I know what you mean.

coasteral

Post  coasteral on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:47 pm

Me an Hp crazy have agreed to just sit back and wait until they announce whats new for next year. we are both tired of hearing all of these different stories and ridiculous rumors about whats going to happen in the next few years. SO THATS THAT!!!!! Wink
    brentott
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  brentott on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:53 pm

coasteral wrote:Me an Hp crazy have agreed to just sit back and wait until they announce whats new for next year. we are both tired of hearing all of these different stories and ridiculous rumors about whats going to happen in the next few years. SO THATS THAT!!!!! Wink

then why start this thread? hahahaha

coasteral

Post  coasteral on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:41 pm

Its not that the thread is bad it was fine when we started. Its just starting to sound a little ridiculous some of the things were saying. I will tell you one thing that is very true, They will NEVER!!!!!!! Take out any of there rollercoasters. Theme parks compete to have the most rollercoasters not the least Smile

tatertot3710
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tatertot3710 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:23 pm

^ Great Adventure removed Great American Scream Machine, The Chiller, and Viper in the past 10 years
    Dorney Removed Hercules and Laser

Anything can happen. Hershey CAN and WILL remove a coaster when they need to. Sooperdooperlooper isn't going to stay forever. Not all parks compete for most roller coasters, just the ones that have enough coasters to actually be in the running.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:33 pm

And I can also add that Revolution at Magic Mountain won't stay forever either. That ride was built one year prior to sooperdooperLooper. They have also removed a coaster or two within the past year (Pscylone was one of them). Thought I would mention that since you either have forgotten or didn't seem to want to bring it up.

I think it's funny how people are stating their opinions on sooperdooperLooper. How about Sidewinder? That thing isn't any better. I'm surprised it hasn't left sooner due to the majority of complaints about the ride.

Please note, I really don't want to see this thread turn into a flaming war and I'm sure the majority here agrees. This is supposed to be a discussion about a possible 2011/12 coaster, not nit-picking on each other (which I can also be guilty of, myself, at times) about a particular ride(s) that could be removed.
    gohershey
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  gohershey on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:54 pm

HPCrazy is right
    coasterbilly
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  coasterbilly on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:35 am

all that matters is that something is coming Very Happy

coasteral

Post  coasteral on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:52 pm

Indeed. We should focus on whats coming not going.

tatertot3710
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tatertot3710 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:58 pm

But both could happen, in order to build what's coming. Nothing can be ruled out.
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:09 pm

UPDATE:
    The survey markings are starting to appear in and around Creekside Catering, as previously rumored.

Also I managed to get somewhat of a picture of the lift marking in Comet.

Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  intaminfan08 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:48 pm

Interesting very much, also thank you stormwinder for the update this just seems to puzzle me more and more.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:07 pm

Could we have an aerial image with these new markers applied to it?
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:53 am

Interesting. Markers should be popping up around Park Blvd. soon then. I might be able to get construction pictures too since it will be a 1 hour bike ride to there.

Indeed. We should focus on whats coming not going.
    Yes and no. While we wouldn't like the idea of the park removing a coaster (unless it's Sidewinder), we really shouldn't turn a blind eye to it, especially if it deals with it leaving for a new ride to take it's place. SDL hasn't really been a coaster that is extremely reliable like the other coasters. If they do take it out, it wouldn't really be shocking to me and the park would still have Trailblazer and Comet to take it's place.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:50 pm

I'm wondering if the days are numbered for that sharp curve and section of Park Blvd. We've been discussing about them possibly re-routing that portion of the road between Comet's turn-around and the parking lot entrance. I know that this possible coaster could indeed go over the road and into the old golf course, but I'm now wondering if this could also be a sign that the park will be expanding over into that area very soon.

I also wanted to point out about my previous post. What I meant was an "updated" aerial image showing off the existing markers as well as the new ones currently showing up. Unfortunately, I won't be back until October so hopefully a lot more will show up by then.
    intaminfan08
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  intaminfan08 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:59 pm

Screamscape has an aerial photo of the markers as of last month stormwinders new markers were not included in this photo so actually the markers expand out now much farther. It definitely defines a layout that sure looks like a rather larger rollercoaster, but hey who knows. Also if you look on that aerial map on screamscape the three markers on the very left indicate it is extremely possible for this Attraction to venture into the golf course. We need to start looking for markers on or around the road and in the old golf course.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:30 pm

Well like the pictures indicate, these markers are heading out in the direction of the golf course. Like I said, I'm wondering how further it will be before they re-route the roadway (doesn't need to happen for this possible coaster instantly) or if plans are in the works to begin on expanding out in that direction which will require the road to be moved.
    gohershey
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  gohershey on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:32 pm

Has anyone asked any employees what they know? I asked a few and they said it will be much taller than Comet and SDL. They also said that some rides in Comet Hollow will be removed. Sad
    intaminfan08
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  intaminfan08 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:34 pm

Yes a lot could happen right now I honestly haven't been this excited about a new hershey attraction since storm runner, I hope hershey can season themselves with a great hyper or giga. Those intamin mega lites are looking awfully pretty also.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:57 pm