[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

gohershey
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Re: Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

Post  gohershey on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:04 pm

And a megalite would look soooooooooo awesome in Comet Hollow and Founder's Circle! A nice green or black one! Very Happy

coasteral
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  coasteral on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:30 pm

We dont need another coaster like storm runner or farenheit. I would like to see another wooden rollercoaster go in. NICE Smile
    intaminfan08
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  intaminfan08 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:31 pm

Whatever it is, I just hope to see some height with this thing. Hershey isn't known for really extreme rides and with intimadator 305 the giga coaster opening at a rival park and with dorney having steel force a lot of parks and getting into the 200 and 300 ft range or already have a ride with that height. A good drop tower and a good hyper or giga would do wonders. I guess its really up to Derry Township to approve of things of this proportion. I love debating over these things its pretty fun. Thank you keystone thrills for keeping up with hershey I must say this is the 1 site to follow the construction whatever it will be.
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  2012 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:52 pm

intaminfan08 wrote:Yes a lot could happen right now I honestly haven't been this excited about a new hershey attraction since storm runner, I hope hershey can season themselves with a great hyper or giga. Those intamin mega lites are looking awfully pretty also.

How could you have not been excited with Fahrenheit and the Nantimi website. That was an awesome fewmonths.
    gohershey
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  gohershey on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:33 pm

coasteral wrote:We dont need another coaster like storm runner or farenheit. I would like to see another wooden rollercoaster go in. NICE Smile

We have LR, Wildcat, and Comet. I dont know of any major amusement park with more than 3 major woodies. Plus they wouldnt build another wooden coaster next to Comet even if they were going to build one. All Intamins are different. Storm Runner and Fahrenheit are totally unique ride experiences, and a megalite would be too. Just because the track is the same doesnt mean the roller coasters are the same..........WE WANT A MAEGALITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz
    hpinsane

Post  hpinsane on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:58 pm

No, we want a B&M flyer.
    coasterbilly
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  coasterbilly on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:56 pm

I just want a B&M period, I love Intamins and Hershey has 2 incredible ones. A Mega-Lite would be a really cool addition, but as said earlier HP needs to think about this carely, the GP will see this as being just like Fahrenheit and Storm Runner, it could confuse them and it could honestly have guests lose interest if Hershey keeps adding "the same" roller coasters. To us, obviously, they are all very different, but we aren't the majority coming to these parks. Great Bear has stood alone as the park's lone B&M for now the parks 12th season, I think with all of these B&M hypers being pumped out on the east coast, Hershey can really stamp their ticket into the competition with one of their own and it could end up being the most unique one yet (Behemoth's location and Intimidator's locations are in wide open areas, Diamondback's is in the middle of park and goes into the forest, which is awesome). Hershey can really have a gem here, they just got to get it done.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:33 pm

I agree about Diamondback. Some existing buildings go right under it, plus it's unique in it's own way, like Great Bear, with the way it crawls over The Crypt's entrance and how it's built. I really hope this is a B&M too because we only have one of those (can be old after awhile and as Coasterbilly said has been around for twelve seasons) and two Intamin's. We really don't need another Intamin in the park. Like I've mentioned before, I've ridden Diamondback and Apollo's Chariot and both are superior rides. I remember how intense Apollo's Chariot's first drop was. If only we can get something similar.

coasteral

Post  coasteral on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:48 pm

I agree. A b&m would be great. Maybe even a florless coaster. As I said before somthing like Medusa Very Happy
    gohershey
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  gohershey on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:16 pm

I just think a B and M would look to dominating over Comet Hollow and mess the area up
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  2012 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:36 pm

Cant get much worse than Great Bear's supports

tatertot3710
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tatertot3710 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:33 pm

If you guys really want good capacity, don't expect a flyer. Those things take forever to load and create a very long line.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:46 am

^ For a generally "shorter than wanted" ride.
    gohershey
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  gohershey on Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:08 pm

Well capacity is something Hershey really doesnt pay too much attention to. Other than Lightening Racer (which never has a line) and (arguably) Great Bear, Hershey has HORRIBLE capacity. Fahrenheit with 12 people on each train, Storm Runner with 20 people trains dispatching one every 2 or 3min, and all the other coasters have just OK capacity. To get capacity you need a B and M Hyper, Floorless, or intamin giga.......(or a massive racing coaster with 4 large trains.) Other than that coasters generally have "not so great capacity." Hershey doesnt need a floorless coaster, it would be Great Bear above the track. Hershey will NEEEEEEVER get a giga because it would make all their other coasters look pathetic. (I mean Millennium Force without Top Thrill and Maverick would be the only thing at Cedar Point with a line!!!) And unless they get a Hyper from B and M (extremely unlikely with space needed for one of them, not to mention having to make it blend into the park, imagine Nitro or Diamondback at Hershey.......................no) they will get a coaster that has bad capacity. What a new concept for them!!!
    Now imagine that nice Intamin megalite with nice 20-30 ft airtime hills over Comet Hollow!! haha Very Happy
    GreatBearHP
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  GreatBearHP on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:14 pm

Now imagine that nice Intamin megalite with nice 20-30 ft airtime hills over Comet Hollow!! haha Very Happy [/quote]

That would fit pretty nice into comet hollow, a thrilling ride without over-powering the area!
    gohershey
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  gohershey on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:43 pm

GreatBearHP wrote:Now imagine that nice Intamin megalite with nice 20-30 ft airtime hills over Comet Hollow!! haha Very Happy

That would fit pretty nice into comet hollow, a thrilling ride without over-powering the area![/quote]

THANK YOU GreatBearHP!!!!!!!!! Someone else agrees with me!!!
    ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

Post  ChiefRedskin89 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:42 pm

Honestly we might as well turn this thred into "What is your favorite type of coaster HP doesn't already have."

There is nothing confermed but I still see a Floorless being unlikely. We have 5 looping coasters and no major air time machines out side a good ride on Comet.
    coasterbilly
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  coasterbilly on Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:00 am

gohershey wrote:And unless they get a Hyper from B and M (extremely unlikely with space needed for one of them, not to mention having to make it blend into the park, imagine Nitro or Diamondback at Hershey.......................no)

uh wasn't there talks of going over the street towards the golf course? A Hyper also doesn't need to JUST consist of hills and being spread out, look at Raging Bull, one of B&M's first hypers, it's more of a twister layout, ANYTHING can be possible with one of those coasters, so definitely don't rule a hyper out, Hershey can make it happen as easily as anyone else can (Carowinds didn't think Intimidator would come ever because it's a smaller park, but look what they innovatively did...yes it was by the parking lot but they brought something no one saw coming).
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:09 am

I don't understand why everyone wants an Intamin mega-lite. I did my homework yesterday and looked up some pics of those rides and while they do look awesome, a B&M hyper would fit the bill much better. I forgot about Raging Bull, thanks for pointing that out! I've seen pics of that one and I believe that was built in a condensed area, similar to what we're currently seeing at HP. Anything could happen but I thought I would bring that up.
    gohershey
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  gohershey on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:56 am

Raging Bull was built in a large grass area!!! There are no large grass areas at Hershey Park! Well I think we can all agree it will be an intamin megalite or a B and M hyper. So thats a start

tatertot3710
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tatertot3710 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:11 pm

I feel 99% certain that it won't be a megalite...
    gohershey
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  gohershey on Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:51 pm

tatertot3710 wrote:I feel 99% certain that it won't be a megalite...

WHY?
    ChiefRedskin89

Post  ChiefRedskin89 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:48 pm

I feel 99% certain that 99% of us has no idea of whats going to be added.
    gohershey
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  gohershey on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:33 pm

ChiefRedskin89 wrote:I feel 99% certain that 99% of us has no idea of whats going to be added.

True...........................But its so fun to speculate aimlessly confused
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:49 pm

RCPro has posted some more photos of the markers including a new reddish/pinkish one.
    http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/updates/hershey07.24.10/

I wonder if the clue to where the new attraction could be is the way the arrows are pointing?

EDIT: Plus Coastin' East has heard a new rumor that says that The Comet may close in September to have some restructuring done to it to allow for a new coaster to be built around it.
    Also, rumors around Hersheypark say Comet may close as early as this September to have the structure redone to allow a new coaster to travel under and through it. Interesting! Again, this is all speculation, nothing is confirmed to either report.
    This could probably explain why the markers have been surrounding Comet; probably to find points where to cut through the structure.

woozybear
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  woozybear on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:49 pm

Ccron10 wrote:RCPro has posted some more photos of the markers including a new reddish/pinkish one.
    http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/updates/hershey07.24.10/

I wonder if the clue to where the new attraction could be is the way the arrows are pointing?

EDIT: Plus Coastin' East has heard a new rumor that says that The Comet may close in September to have some restructuring done to it to allow for a new coaster to be built around it.
    Also, rumors around Hersheypark say Comet may close as early as this September to have the structure redone to allow a new coaster to travel under and through it. Interesting! Again, this is all speculation, nothing is confirmed to either report.
    This could probably explain why the markers have been surrounding Comet; probably to find points where to cut through the structure.

That may be why I noticed a marker next to the exit ramp coming from Comet. It was pinkish red with a wooden steak sticking up from it. I wasn't sure what it was for, and unfortunately I didn't have a camera with to get a picture.
    gohershey
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  gohershey on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:59 pm

Well whatever type of roller coaster this is it looks absolutely huge. For there to be rumors that Comet may be going under some adjustments the coaster must be coming close to the ground several times(and has to, cant just be a huge hill that goes over Comet). I think all of these rumors point to a mega/megalite from intamin. Screamscape said it will be from intamin, and thats who they've gone with their past 2 coasters and had great sucess with. B and M hypers could just go right over Comet, and Hershey is not easy to modify their classic coasters, any for that matter.
    Coast
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Coast on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Hey guys. Let me start off by saying I'm a HUGE Hershey fan and I'm proud of it. I live in NY and have a Six Flags season pass, but I consider Hershey my second home and my home park. I'm ecstatic for this project and I have and will continue to follow it very closely.

Now, personally I'm thinking this is going to be huge. I can't help but think big. I hope I'm not setting myself up for letdown. My first guess is a B&M "Mega Coaster" (example Goliath at Over Georgia). It would fit perfect. We all know the ride a B&M of that size can do and deliver for us enthusiats, while it doesn't look too initimidating so families wont be scared away. It satisfies all parties here of Hershey's demographic. Also, it can soar over the midways and possibly into the golf course fairly easily.

A ride I think that can also fit the bill is an Intamin mega lite. Now, I don't think this is as likely as a Mega Coaster from B&M. It has yet to appear in this country and space might be an issue unless they make it slightly larger and custom for Hershey. Considering what Hershey has been able to do with their coasters and their layouts, but this VERY possibly could be it. Also, reviews of the ones over seas say this coaster model has top 10 in the world potential and once again it doesn't look menacing to families while definently satisfying every demographic including enthusiasts.

HPCrazy wrote:I don't understand why everyone wan and with the park sticking with Intamin the past few years, its an Intamin mega-lite. I did my homework yesterday and looked up some pics of those rides and while they do look awesome, a B&M hyper would fit the bill much better. I forgot about Raging Bull, thanks for pointing that out! I've seen pics of that one and I believe that was built in a condensed area, similar to what we're currently seeing at HP. Anything could happen but I thought I would bring that up.

Mega Lite reviews say this model coaster is top 10 in the world potential. Also, it won't scare away families as it's not typically not huge (although I have a hunch it would be bigger than the other models) and it doesn't feature inversions, which tend to scare off some riders.
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  2012 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:23 pm

^ I completely agree.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:46 pm

So if Comet could be closing down in Sept for some updating, could this mean that we could possibly be seeing this ride next season? I still don't find 2012 set in stone just yet.
    gohershey
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  gohershey on Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:03 pm

well if it wasnt until 2012 then why would they bother with any markings? And they definetely would wait to close Comet until next year. There is a reason this year was the first time in forever with no new attractions.

coasteral

Post  coasteral on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:43 pm

we will be getting something for 2011. wether it be a flat or the next new coaster for HP IT will be spectacular sunny cheers
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:19 pm

I'll be in the Hershey area tomorrow so I'll see if I can swing by and check out Park Blvd for any markings.
    gohershey
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  gohershey on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:14 pm

Ccron10 wrote:I'll be in the Hershey area tomorrow so I'll see if I can swing by and check out Park Blvd for any markings.

Great
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:55 pm

I just got back from the Harrisburg area and managed to travel on Park Blvd. I didn't see anything on the old pool complex, didn't see anything in Creekside Catering and it looks like it's been unused for awhile. I didn't see any servey markers or anything out of the normal. I do have to say that the stretch of road is terrible and should be moved to make it curve less.
    So far, I guess the build area is from Comet down to Creekside Catering which means you can kiss those ideas of a Giga goodbye for now, but it will might be a large ride.
    Coast
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Coast on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:15 pm

Well, while that's disappointing, we can still see some stuff happening over there soon as it is very early.

underslayer
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  underslayer on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:54 pm

with all these markings around the comet being survy point they got to be for the comet when they close it in sept. They prolly set there surveying equipment on them point so they can look at the comet to make the nessecery modifcations to it. Next season we will start to see markings for the ride. this is gona be a big project and it will be done in two step. going with hershey putting in a new coaster every 4 years 2012 will be the year. I also been told that there is new markings in the golf course further in from the street. i was told be a relieble friend of mine who is high up said there were surveyer over there on mon
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:49 pm

I never even thought to ask or not, but will this be affecting the look of Rhineland or the main entrance at all? The newer markings that Stormwinder spotted seemed to be very close to the main walkway in and out. Those aren't for the Comet either.

I'm still hoping that if this is indeed for 2012, that we'll get some kind of flat(s) for next season.
    gohershey
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  gohershey on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:55 pm

underslayer wrote:with all these markings around the comet being survy point they got to be for the comet when they close it in sept. They prolly set there surveying equipment on them point so they can look at the comet to make the nessecery modifcations to it. Next season we will start to see markings for the ride. this is gona be a big project and it will be done in two step. going with hershey putting in a new coaster every 4 years 2012 will be the year. I also been told that there is new markings in the golf course further in from the street. i was told be a relieble friend of mine who is high up said there were surveyer over there on mon

Why is everyone saying 2012??????????????????? They wouldnt bother with markings to be washed away with snow and rain over the winter!! And in 1995 they had only 4 rollercoasters!!!!!!!! So that means a new coaster on the average of every 2.2 years. And they would never build a roller coaster over a road, they need permits and tunnels and all and it wouldnt be deemed safe enough, family enough, and doesnt look nice enough to go over an old golf course for families with young children

philliez92
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  philliez92 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:03 pm

So on two of hersheypark's status updates on their facebook page, I posted about the rumors for 2011/2012, Comet's rumored to close in September for refurbishment, and rumors of a drop tower. However, a couple hours later, my comments on both of the statuses were mysteriously deleted, lol. Hmmm
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:10 pm

philliez92 wrote:So on two of hersheypark's status updates on their facebook page, I posted about the rumors for 2011/2012, Comet's rumored to close in September for refurbishment, and rumors of a drop tower. However, a couple hours later, my comments on both of the statuses were mysteriously deleted, lol. Hmmm

Evidentally someone in management doesn't want this discussion to get over into their Facebook page or for whatever this future ride/coaster is to be come about the net right bow.

I also agree with gohershey....I still don't understand why the heck they're putting markers on the ground for something two years in advance. Evnetually all those markers will be washed off the ground with all the snow and even rain we get over the winter. Isn't any different then when they have to keep repainting the lines on the roads as the paint fades or wears off. I think someone around here doesn't have their story straight on this one. I mean Millennium Force and Intamidator 305 were both 300-foot coasters and when did markers pop up two years in advance for those? None. Just trying to point something out here.... I don't remember seeing anyone surveying for a major ride this early if they didn't plan on having it open in two years. Someone is mixing everything up and it's confusing alot of us.

And as far as going out into the old golf course....there isn't even a golf course there anymore to ruin something. Plus how many parks have built coasters across roadways (look at Goliath at SFOG for example). The whole thing is easy, put up a fence like what's currently around the park. It can be done wheither you like it or not.

woozybear
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  woozybear on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:35 pm

Just got back from a quick trip to the park this afternoon. I noticed quite a few pinkish/red markings centered around and even in the queue line for Comet. Not sure if these are new, but if they were there on my vistit last week, I didn't notice them.

underslayer
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  underslayer on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:46 pm

why doest anyone understand what i am saying
    those markers r not for the coaster they r for modifing the comet this winter to get ready for the new coaster in 2012. 2 phases. if they did all the fotters and build the the and station plus restructure the comit this ride wouldnt have enough time to be done before opening day plus dont you think they would of either started thowing hints around by now like with farienite they did the whole namini thing and construstion would of started by now. last time i checked we are going in to augest and there is still no markers for supports or anything
    all we have is survey points all around the comet for them to tweak the comets structure.
    they prolly need all winter do do the comet modify it plus the do extensive testing.
    they r just not ready for the coaster yet think about it 07 boardwalk 98 farenite 09 boardwalk expansion 10 nothing 2011 who knows but we will get something two years with knothing would suck 2012 new coaster

i was saying every 4 years they get a new coaster
    2000 lighting racer
    2004 stormrunner
    2008 farenhite
    2012 hyper

as much as i would love this to be next year time is dwindling and we have to face reality it wont be next year we will see if there is some kind of annoncement in late aug early sept but i doubt it

just says

underslayer
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  underslayer on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:47 pm

woozybear wrote:Just got back from a quick trip to the park this afternoon. I noticed quite a few pinkish/red markings centered around and even in the queue line for Comet. Not sure if these are new, but if they were there on my vistit last week, I didn't notice them.

hahaha maybe i am wrong
    ill check them out when i am there sun and ill get pictures

hersheypark79
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  hersheypark79 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:33 pm

It seems like an expansion in coming in the near future. Maybe Rhineland will eventually get some rides. I Remember hearing that the miniature railway was in a restoration process. Be cool to see that thing running again since removed in the early 70's. I'm also hoping for a giant coaster, at least 200 ft. It's truly what the park is in need of. Only time will tell.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:42 pm

First off, welcome to the site!

Interesting info about the miniature railway. I thought that thing was scrapped for sure. You're right time will tell. Where did you find this info?
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:27 am

To be awnest, I highly doubt that they would still have that thing and secondly, one of the reasons why they didn't add it back into the park is because of parts being unavailable for it. The park has trouble tracking parts down for Tidal Force and other rides as so as it is. I highly doubt that they would add another ride like that to the list. More than likely, the train is probably in the old dump with the old Bug ride under the Bob Evans down the street.

The area between Creekside Catering and the Comet is on a hillside which means that coaster would be just about the only thing suitable for that spot. Adding a one way path out to the catering area and adding a circle of rides I think would not be the best idea in the way if foot traffic and congestion.
    Coast
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Coast on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:38 pm

While I myself don't expect anything for 2011, keep in mind Intimidator 305 didn't see track arriving until July. Hershey starting work now is definently not too late by any means.
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  2012 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:46 pm

Are you hoping we get an intimidator 305 type ride, if so that would be a bad decision seeing as that ride burns through wheels like its it's job and in 5 years will be a maintenance nightmare
    gohershey
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  gohershey on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:01 pm

2012 wrote:Are you hoping we get an intimidator 305 type ride, if so that would be a bad decision seeing as that ride burns through wheels like its it's job and in 5 years will be a maintenance nightmare

Your right

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 29, 2017 2:38 am