[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

Post  Ccron10 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:23 pm

I don't know, but the mappings kind of confuse me. The markers just about perfectly circle Comet but the problem I have is this. The marker inside of Comet next to the station and the one under Great Bear off to the side. Keep in mind that these markers are to make a complete circle of the work area and not actually the footprint of the ride.

Right now I don't know what to think. It could be something to do with Comet or it could be a new ride. But just because it says "ift" written on the sidewalk more than likely doesn't mean "lift", but something like B/M for benchmark like what I thought during Fahrenheit's speculation.

coasteral
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  coasteral on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:49 pm

Watch!!!! They will decide to take comet out!!!!!! HA HA Ill be pissed if thats the decision!!!! Mad
    GreatBearHP
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  GreatBearHP on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:06 pm

After looking at the map where the markings are, a flyer would look great right in that area. Very Happy
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:05 pm

A flyer would look great, since it would have be suspended considering the path the marks take. Those marks don't necessarily mean that's the path of the coaster, but they could be markings for view points when surveying.

coasteral

Post  coasteral on Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:17 pm

This better be one hell of a ride there putting in. Dare I say Maybe a kiddie coaster??? Question
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:19 pm

Probably the markings underneath Skyview and Great Bear's cobra roll would probably be view points as they are under existing attractions and I highly doubt they would have a coaster intertwining with two of them already in place there (which are also intertwining).
    coasterbilly
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  coasterbilly on Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:51 am

damn!! Whatever this is going to be, Hershey is doing everything to squeeze it in, their are still signs pointing to B&M on this and breaking it down to a Flyer and Hyper is interesting because both have pretty different footprint settings if you look at existing models. If it's either HP is going to have easily the most unique of its kind to be built yet.
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:45 am

Ccron10 wrote:

Right now I don't know what to think. It could be something to do with Comet or it could be a new ride. But just because it says "ift" written on the sidewalk more than likely doesn't mean "lift", but something like B/M for benchmark like what I thought during Fahrenheit's speculation.

It does say lift. I messed that up when I was typing. Sorry for the confusion.

Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:18 pm

All I can think of is that whatever this may be, it's got to go out into the old golf course. It has to, how else can they fit another B&M in that area, whether it be a hyper or flyer?
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:45 pm

Yeah I doubt it would all fit in the footprint of Comet Hollow. There has to be an empty area for all the major components, such as the station and lift.
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:53 am

Unless the Comet is removed, which could happen.

Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:01 pm

Why the heck would they remove Comet? We've already discussed about Sidewinder's roughness and how removing that would take away from their coaster count, which they wouldn't want to happen. Removing Comet would be the same thing, minus the roughness.

Even with or without Comet being there, how could they fit a coaster station in there? Have you spotted any specific markings regarding this? I forget how they marked out Fahrenheit's station and where it was going to be.

coasteral

Post  coasteral on Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:54 pm

If they remove comet, all hell will break loose!!!!!! Coaster enthusiasts might riot or protest. I would be one to protest. I love the comet!!!!!
    GreatBearHP
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  GreatBearHP on Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:39 pm

I couldnt see Hershey taking out the Comet that's still one of their most popular rides. I would hate it if the took their oldest and one of their best coasters out.

Last edited by GreatBearHP on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:42 am

I think it's a strong possibility that Comet will not be removed.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:56 am

coasteral wrote:If they remove comet, all hell will break loose!!!!!! Coaster enthusiasts might riot or protest. I would be one to protest. I love the comet!!!!!
    I doubt that it will go that far, but it would really make a lot of enthusiests and general public unhappy with the park. I sure a lot of you would dislike the park more than when CRR and GW was removed. If it does happen then the park will be knocked down in my approval rating for the place.

But I doubt it would happen.
    hpinsane

Post  hpinsane on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:09 am

They're never going to get rid of Comet. Even if it were severely damaged in a storm or some event, they would fix it.
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:41 pm

If Busch Gardens can get rid of Big Bad Wolf, a very well known and popular ride, anything can happen.

Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:53 pm

And then we might as well start voting on Sidewinder's demise. That would suite me fine. Wink

coasteral

Post  coasteral on Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:50 pm

Ill tell you one thing!!! they will not get rid of sidewinder because its one of there 11 rollercoasters and because its been there awhile.
    ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

Post  ChiefRedskin89 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:15 am

Stormwinder wrote:If Busch Gardens can get rid of Big Bad Wolf, a very well known and popular ride, anything can happen.

But there was more behind Big Bad Wolf's removal. One of the main reason was the matinence problem and the avalibility of parts. Arrows been gone for a while but Philidelphia Toboggan Company is still going strong and manufacturing parts.
    GreatBearHP
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  GreatBearHP on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:09 pm

S&S bought Arrow mainly to keep selling their parts, they we're just to hard to get for what Big Bad Wolf needed.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:27 pm

ChiefRedskin89 wrote:But there was more behind Big Bad Wolf's removal. One of the main reason was the matinence problem and the avalibility of parts. Arrows been gone for a while but Philidelphia Toboggan Company is still going strong and manufacturing parts.

Plus there are still alot of their rides still standing like The Racer, Rebel Yell, HP's Comet, etc. I guess if PTC didn't exist, GCI could take over that I would assume. That's just my guess though.
    The Storm Runner
    Contributor
    Contributor

Post  The Storm Runner on Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:34 pm

I vote we make Comet a National Historic Landmark and thus cannot be removed. Smile
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:02 pm

^ Agreed. Both the Beast and Racer were dubbed ACE landmarks, and wasn't one (or more) of Kennywood's coasters put on historic status? HP's Comet should deserve one or the other (or both).

By the way, let's get back on topic. We're discussing the possibility of a new roller coaster here, not the "not going to happen" demise of the Comet.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:31 pm

The Storm Runner wrote:I vote we make Comet a National Historic Landmark and thus cannot be removed. Smile
    While this would be cool, the downside is that it can't be. It has no historic reason to become a landmark attraction. It's not the park's first coaster, it's not the oldest coaster built by Herbert P. Schmeck and it's not very famous. the Beast is famous for it's length, the Racer for it being a popular TV coaster, but the Comet is unfortunately only famous for being the oldest coaster currently in the park. If the Wildcat wasn't removed in the 40's, then it would have a good chance.

underslayer
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

2012 coaster

Post  underslayer on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:59 pm

my brother in law works for the steel union. he has done all the steel work for all of hersheys coasters great bear stormrunner and farienite. he told me that they are gonna do hersheys new coaster but it wont be till 2012. they will start next summer and the station will be where creekside catering in and it will turn and go over the road where the old golf coure is. He didnt give me much detail but he said it is a big long b and m hypercoaster. he didnt know the name or coler as of yet but said the project is named x2012hpbm35. Now i cant give his name because hp has a strict gag order with all who is involved. this is all i know for now. He just got the spect last week.
    This is gona be hersheys longest and biggest ride yet
    He also said hershey has a hearing with the township for hight restrictions for two rides one being the coaster and one for a proposed tower for next year where the tilta wirl is now but i dont know the details on that because he is not doing that

Now i am getting excited

coasteral

Post  coasteral on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:08 pm

Ha ha LOL I agree lets get back on the subject. My thoughts are if the marks are atleast around the edge of part of the park then maybe som sort of coaster would fit in there at least.

I was looking at the marker map. Wasnt there some markers out side the park near the old golf course????

EDIT: Alex, try not to double post. Just use the "edit" button next time to add on to a post. Thanks! Wink
    -Chris
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:47 pm

underslayer wrote:my brother in law works for the steel union. he has done all the steel work for all of hersheys coasters great bear stormrunner and farienite. he told me that they are gonna do hersheys new coaster but it wont be till 2012. they will start next summer and the station will be where creekside catering in and it will turn and go over the road where the old golf coure is. He didnt give me much detail but he said it is a big long b and m hypercoaster. he didnt know the name or coler as of yet but said the project is named x2012hpbm35. Now i cant give his name because hp has a strict gag order with all who is involved. this is all i know for now. He just got the spect last week.
    He also said hershey has a hearing with the township for hight restrictions for two rides one being the coaster and one for a proposed tower for next year where the tilta wirl is now but i dont know the details on that because he is not doing that

Now i am getting excited

All I can say is that I hope this is true Smile
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:47 pm

So are some of these markings that we are currently seeing have to do with sight lines for a drop ride? Or will part of this new coaster go in a section of the area where some of the markings are located? Also, what tower ride are we getting? I thought HP bought Miracle Strip's old S&S and has it in storage somewhere. Or are they planning on something different. I can't see them just putting in a drop ride next year. Perhaps a flat ride package?

woozybear
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  woozybear on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:50 pm

Fanatic wrote:
    underslayer wrote:my brother in law works for the steel union. he has done all the steel work for all of hersheys coasters great bear stormrunner and farienite. he told me that they are gonna do hersheys new coaster but it wont be till 2012. they will start next summer and the station will be where creekside catering in and it will turn and go over the road where the old golf coure is. He didnt give me much detail but he said it is a big long b and m hypercoaster. he didnt know the name or coler as of yet but said the project is named x2012hpbm35. Now i cant give his name because hp has a strict gag order with all who is involved. this is all i know for now. He just got the spect last week.

Now i am getting excited

All I can say is that I hope this is true Smile

I pretty much heard the same thing today from a friend of mine who works there. Said it's definitely 2012 and told me to think big.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:59 pm

Then why the heck would they be surveying this early? I mean when we saw markings for Storm Runner and Fahrenheit, they were the season before those opened.
    ChiefRedskin89

Post  ChiefRedskin89 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:22 pm

I really really hope these things are true. I would rather it be in 2011 but oh well guess I'll have to ride it before I go of to colledge. And about the markings remember it said only an outline of where things are going to be. This could be absolutly increadable! A drop tower would also be awsome! I really hope what you two heard is correct. And I really can't think of any reason to start surveying this early unless it turns out these are just for utilities.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:53 pm

B&M has their track and supports made at a factory in Ohio. Intimidator at Carowinds, Diamondback at KI and Manta at Seaworld Orlando was made here. I am kind of sure that Intamin and B&M don't produce their steel at the same place since they compete against eachother.

I could be wrong though, but if this factory produces these coasters for the whole East Coast, then I highly doubt that they would go to a different factory that is local to produce this coaster.

EDIT: I was looking on the Derry Township website at the township meeting schedule. I looked at the upcoming list of things for the next meeting and the meeting minutes for the last few months. They didn't say much about park expansion or new rides, but they did go into detail about the plan to move Rt. 743 near Zoo America.
    http://www.derrytownship.org/images/stories/minutes/supervisors/2010/march232010.pdf
    It's the first topic under new business.

If there was any place to hear about what they are going to do, this place would be it.

underslayer
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  underslayer on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:08 pm

no no he doesnt build them he jist erects them once they get there ypu know climbs up in the air and bolts amd welds amd stuff like that he doesnt wprk at the plant
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:09 pm

^ Ok, then that makes sense. Sorry about that. Wink
    coasterbilly
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  coasterbilly on Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Dude a ride that collosal would definitely require Hershey to start planning now, if they are indeed getting a tower ride, I would vote S&S if they potentially have one in storage, and where Tilt-A-Whirl is is a nice location for one, let's hope that's true too because a nice Drop Tower/S&S Tower would be a nice addition. I really think a B&M Hyper is a huge possibility (and according to our sources, it looks more and more likely) because of what Cedar Fair has been doing with them, HP would seriously have a huge boom in attendance if they were to add something that huge
    GreatBearHP
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  GreatBearHP on Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:22 pm

I remember before FH and SR when the park would be dead on some days, now when i go its always usually very busy, which isnt a bad thing. A drop tower would look awesome there and a new style B&M would as well, can't wait! Smile
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:17 am

We were talking about a drop tower just a few months ago.

coasteral

Post  coasteral on Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:30 pm

well we may not be getting a coaster next year but at least we might be getting a drop tower Very Happy I dont understand why there suvey marking right now but can someone tell me where they will be putting the drop tower?????? confused
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:02 pm

Don't forget that they still have Chaos in storage as well.
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:02 am

Although I really liked Chaos, more and more parks are removing Chaos style rides due to problems. It would be nice if Hershey put theirs back into operation, but I don't think that it will happen.

Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:33 pm

I'm surprised they still have it there with no intentions on putting it back in. That's unless it's for sale.
    hpinsane

Post  hpinsane on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:47 am

It should never happen. There are just too many problems with that kind of ride.
    GreatBearHP
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  GreatBearHP on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:57 am

Screamscape has said that this is possibly another intamin. Of course this is nothing more then a rumor.
    gohershey
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  gohershey on Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:38 am

If it is going to be an intamin then it will be a mega or megalite coaster. I dont see them getting a giga cause theres not enough room and there isnt anything else beneficial intamin has for the park. I was at the park yesterday and everyone I asked said it would be a coaster(just to kind of confirm that)
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:23 pm

Intamin must be real good to Hershey then, but with the park already having a launched coaster and "regular coaster" from them, it doesn't leave many options to choose from.

A ZacSpin would be a good answer to the park's congestion problem and it would be the first one in America as well, but since the ride has no turns, it wouldn't seem likely with the markers all over the place.

If they add a Plug-and-Play, then I hope it will be as good as El Toro. It would make Storm Runner and Fahrenheit look like kiddie coasters.

Giga coasters need space, but given the location of the markers, it could be possible with using the golf course. I really could picture something 300ft rising next to the creek as well as a megacoaster, but those haven't been built in several years. A megalite would be great, but their layout is spacious and compact at the same time and big enough next to Comet.

For those who think 3 Intamins in one park is too much, there are 4 (and soon to be 5) B&M's at Six Flags Great Adventure.
    gohershey
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  gohershey on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:44 pm

There is NO real airtime on anything at hershey. The only exeptions would be Fahrenheits last hill(it almost hurts) and lightening Racer sometimes you will come out of your seat, but thats it. EVERY major theme park has a coaster with airtime exept hershey
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:21 pm

GreatBearHP wrote:Screamscape has said that this is possibly another intamin. Of course this is nothing more then a rumor.

I hope it's wrong. We need another B&M. As he said, it's a rumor so it could be false. Perhaps this coaster will provide some serious airtime.

Ccron10 is right about the amount of space for a giga. I've seen and ridden Millennium Force and that thing takes up a good amount of space, which is an issue for such a large lift hill. Of course some of the space was shaved with the cable lift but not that much. Because of the 300-foot height limit, I just don't see Hershey doing something like that.
    hpinsane

Post  hpinsane on Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:48 pm

A ZacSpin would be a good replacement for Sidewinder. It could fit in Comet Hollow where the bathrooms, Tilt A Whirl, and the games are, but I don't know why they'd use that space for a small coaster. That's the perfect area (and down the creek) to support a fourth large coaster. Even though it's hard to imagine, there's plenty of space.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:04 pm