Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

HersheyPark Questions and Answers

ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

HersheyPark Questions and Answers

Post  ChiefRedskin89 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:07 am

I knowticed this is called Hersheypark Trip Planning and TIPS Section and theres not even a topic for advice, tips, and questions. I just thought we could use a topic where you could ask questions. Out of all of us there is quite a few HP trips and experience. In this topic you can ask any thing from wait times to where to eat.

My first question is how are the crowds going to be on July 4th? I think thats the only time I'm going to be able this year.

GMguy74
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Re: HersheyPark Questions and Answers

Post  GMguy74 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:49 pm

I'm not sure about 4th of July, but back in 2008 my wife, step-son and I went with our neighbors and their son on the 3rd fo July and had a blast. No fireworks, as they were being *saved* for the next day, but the crowds were no more than usual for a summer day. Of course the water park part was completely packed, but again no more than what a usual summer weekend day would be like. I'm sure though that the 4th would be heavier being a holiday, but nothing that should make you not enjoy your day there (as long as you have patience!).
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:22 pm

The plan is (after pushing my trip back for the last few days) to hit the park next weekend, but it seems like I am going to have to make a decision. I could either go on Saturday and deal with the typical Saturday crowd or go Sunday and deal with the people coming out for Grandparents Day.

Which would be a better day to go?
    ChiefRedskin89

Post  ChiefRedskin89 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:34 pm

I don't know for sure but I would say sunday. Saturdays are always really bad and I don't know how many people come out for grandparents day. And if the do come to the park with their grandparents then I doubt they will be doing the thrill rides you intend to do. When I went last sunday the lines were very minimal. No walk-ons until later but the longest wait was FH outside of the boardwalk. The Boardwalk wasn't terrible but ive seen better. FH was about a 30 min wait later in the day. I didn't check it any earlyer because it didn't open until 3 then it got mobbed.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:57 pm

With this being the end of the regular season, it's probably going to be tough. With the Boardwalk being closed for the season, that won't help crowds much, as all of those people will be forced to go into other areas of the park. If I were to pick out of the two, I'd say Sunday, but it won't be as empty as if you're going in the beginning of the season like I do. I would just take the chance and maybe go Sunday, that's my advice.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:55 am