Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Hersheypark: August Trip

Coast
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Hersheypark: August Trip

Post  Coast on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:09 pm

Hey guys, heading out to the Sweetest Place August 1st-3rd! Of course I'm beyond excited! How have crowds been this season on Sunday nights and Mondays? Last year Monday morning in August was hectic but around noon the park was fairly empty as the crowds were in the Boardwalk. Can I expect the same thing this weekend? Or will I see a more dispersed crowd into the coasters in addition to the Boardwalk? What's the trends so far in terms of ride lines in the morning, day, and night?

Also, is there a booth/stand/store this year that sells Hershey Bears shirts and merchandise? Where can I find it? I'm a big hockey fan and have been following the Bears more than ever this year as they were on the NHL Network alot!

Thanks for help in advance.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Hersheypark: August Trip

Post  Ccron10 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:23 pm

From what I've heard, the park has been very busy lately.

There should be Hershey Bears store in Rhineland near the old Skyride station. It used to be in Midway a few years ago.

BTW, welcome back! Wink
    Coast
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Coast on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:35 pm

Ccron10 wrote:From what I've heard, the park has been very busy lately.

There should be Hershey Bears store in Rhineland near the old Skyride station. It used to be in Midway a few years ago.

BTW, welcome back! Wink

Crowds, ahhhh! Well, crowds shouldn't be an issue if you know how to do Hershey like I do!

I know it used to be right near Wildcat, but I haven't seen it since. I will check there, thanks.

And I'm happy to be back!
    Coast
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Coast on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:32 pm

Another question I just want to make sure of: The parking fee you pay for the preview is still valid for the next day, correct?
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:38 pm

Coast wrote:Another question I just want to make sure of: The parking fee you pay for the preview is still valid for the next day, correct?
    I'm not sure, but if you plan on spending 3 hours or less for the preview day, you could park for free in the Chocolate World lot. But if you spend more than that, you would still have to pay $10 or $30 if you spend more than 5 hrs in that lot.

woozybear
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  woozybear on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:47 pm

Coast wrote:Another question I just want to make sure of: The parking fee you pay for the preview is still valid for the next day, correct?

Keep your parking ticket from the night before. When you go back the next day, be sure to show it to them to avoid having to pay again. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is how it works.
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:21 pm

I have never tried it, but I dont think that the tickets have dates on them so they would not know what day its from unless it is color-coded.

Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  gohershey on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:42 pm

im pretty sure you need to buy a parking pass for each day.

gardener14
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  gardener14 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:46 pm

I'm pretty sure that in the past, parking for the preview plan was valid for the next day also. I know I read it somewhere. However, I don't know how they handle this unless the parking tickets are dated. Do they give you a receipt when you pay to park? I don't know because I usually have a season pass. I'd call Hersheypark to find the real answer if you want to know in advance. They are very helpful. 717-534-3900
    Coast
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Coast on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:18 pm

woozybear wrote:

Keep your parking ticket from the night before. When you go back the next day, be sure to show it to them to avoid having to pay again. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is how it works.
    This is how it has worked for years. We've always done this. I just wanted to double check that it hasn't changed. I guess we'll find out when we park on Sunday night.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:33 am