Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Hersheypark: Lines for the Boardwalk in the Evening

Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Hersheypark: Lines for the Boardwalk in the Evening

Post  Ccron10 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:14 pm

I'll be heading to the park on a Saturday in a week for the evening and I was thinking about stopping at the waterpark as soon as I get there. I was wondering if it would be possible to ride all the slides, the lazy river and possibly Roller Soaker in an hour? I'm pretty sure it might be possible if I save Roller Soaker for last.
    Also, how much is it to rent a small locker next to Tidal Force and in the Shore?

Last edited by Ccron10 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Storm Runner
    Contributor
    Contributor

Re: Hersheypark: Lines for the Boardwalk in the Evening

Post  The Storm Runner on Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:57 am

For a Saturday in August, I'm sorry, but that is far-fetched. Most Coastline Plunge slides have 45+ minute lines all the way through the evening. And Roller Soaker has been generally having the regular 2 hr waits all day. Maybe a slide and the lazy river, though.

And lockers sell for $10 and $15, although by that time in the evening on a Saturday, I don't know how many will be left.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:43 am

Aren't Saturdays usually mobbed on the most part? I'd prefer going on a Sunday evening if you're able to. Sundays in August, while more crowded than in May/June (when Alex and I go), would be better than a Saturday. I'm sure you may have shorter wait times for rides on a Sunday as well. Not sure about the Boardwalk though.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:27 am

In that case, I'm better off skipping the Boardwalk and waiting until next year to try it out ( I still haven't rode anything in it yet even though it opened in 2007).

I really have no choice but to go on that Saturday, but if it rains, then the trip will be postponed until Sunday. I'm not too worried because I only spent $5 on the ticket. My guess is that it should be emptier than during the day right?
    What are the waittimes I would be looking at for a Saturday evening?

underslayer
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  underslayer on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:41 pm

i have a season pass so i go when ever but me and my wife usually go on sun and its still packed. we usually hit the water park as soon as we get there at 10 and its so crowded by 1130 12 that everything starts to form line and it usually like that all day till it closes. sat is the worst. your best bet is to skip the water ride and go for the coasters. lines for them r moderately crowded on the weekends
    The Storm Runner
    Contributor
    Contributor

Post  The Storm Runner on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:31 pm

I'll put it into perspective, using last Saturday, a sunny concert day Saturday in August. Wildcat's line filled the switchbacks and was heading towards Fun Slides. Lightning Racer's line extended into the overflow. Comet's line went up to the Pretzel House (yes, by Skyview). Fahrenheit was the regular 2 hour wait. Just preparing you, bud.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:29 am

I don't know if there is a concert scheduled for next Saturday in the stadium. You may want to check on their official site because if there is a concert going on, expect big crowds all over the complex, especially if you arrive in the evening. Also expect to park way out towards Giant Center (or maybe even in their lot if they have to use it for overflow). Like what Stormwinder mentioned in another thread, the 14th was one of the most crowded days at the entire complex for the season because of the Jonas Bros and Demi Lavato being there. That didn't surprise me with those attendance figures that The Storm Runner provided, especially with Lightning Racer. I did forget to mention that Alex and I did a Saturday back in 2007 (the only time we had to go that year) in early June (supposed to be the slower time of the season) and I can see why the park's website says to avoid Saturdays if you can. I remember the park being so crowded that day (all the bragging for the centennial that year didn't help things much) and the crowds didn't let up at all even through the evening. I remember the monorail having a line half-way down the ramp at around 7:30/8:00 (one train operation, hate to see with two), and Skyview was backed up near RECC at around the same time in the evening and this wasn't even a concert day. Never again will I do a Saturday in the summer or for Halloween. The crowds are way too enormous.

Best of luck if you get even a few rides in. Your chances may be better if there isn't a concert going on.
    The Storm Runner
    Contributor
    Contributor

Post  The Storm Runner on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:15 am

Unfortunately, the Rihanna concert is indeed this Saturday. As the signs say at Tidal Force and Roller Soaker, "Be prepared for sudden slowdown" going into Hershey.

And by the way, we don't like the park crowded any more than the guests do. Makes it so hard to maneuver through the park!
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:58 am

The Storm Runner wrote:Unfortunately, the Rihanna concert is indeed this Saturday. As the signs say at Tidal Force and Roller Soaker, "Be prepared for sudden slowdown" going into Hershey.

And by the way, we don't like the park crowded any more than the guests do. Makes it so hard to maneuver through the park!
    I'm not going this saturday, I'm going the following Saturday.
    I checked the events schedule for the Star Pavilion and Giant Center and it says that no events are happening that weekend. So it might not be as bad as last week, but it will still be pretty crowded I guess.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:51 pm

If there isn't a concert going on, then it will be pretty crowded (last min vacations before school) but not as bad as if a concert would be going on. You may experience something similar to what I did back in 2007. All I can say is, good luck, and try to get in what you can for being there on a Saturday evening. You should've went earlier in the season when crowds weren't as much of an issue.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:55 pm

The Storm Runner wrote:I'll put it into perspective, using last Saturday, a sunny concert day Saturday in August. Wildcat's line filled the switchbacks and was heading towards Fun Slides. Lightning Racer's line extended into the overflow. Comet's line went up to the Pretzel House (yes, by Skyview). Fahrenheit was the regular 2 hour wait. Just preparing you, bud.

Wow. I've never seen the lines that long. I can't believe the overflow for LR was used. Even when it first opened. Wildcat has a large switchback section and if it was as far as you said, that's a much longer wait than normal. I have seen ridiculous lines for Comet, however.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:49 am