Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Fire at Ripsaw Falls at Islands of Adventure in Florida

Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Fire at Ripsaw Falls at Islands of Adventure in Florida

Post  Ccron10 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:44 pm

Screamscape:
    (1/3/11) The big news from over the weekend was that a fire closed Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls early Saturday evening. No one was hurt and the ride was evacuated and firefighters were able to put out the fire in about 30-45 minutes. The ride will remain closed while the fire is under investigation and the proper steps are taken to resolve the problem, if the fire started within the ride itself. While there has been no official report of the cause yet, we have heard from one insider who claims that an outside vendor truck in a back area may have been the origin of the fire, which spread to a nearby tree and then to the ride building. Again, that’s only a rumor at this point, we hope to hear more soon on this issue. According to this news report (with pictures of the smoke plume) another line of thought is a possible electrical spark from an AC unit or ride controller.
    As for when the ride will reopen, Universal can’t begin to speculate themselves yet while the fire is still under investigation, but I’d bet money they will simply close it for it’s regular lengthy winter rehab early and not reopen it until Spring 2011.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Re: Fire at Ripsaw Falls at Islands of Adventure in Florida

Post  Fanatic on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:22 pm

Good thing no one was hurt - that would have been the worst case scenario. I hope the ride is still functional, though. From what I read, it seems like it will function ok. I think the electrical spark possibility is probably how it happened.

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:50 pm