Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

ZooAmerica Revdevelopment

HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

ZooAmerica Revdevelopment

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:49 pm

http://www.clrdesign.com/our-work

CLR completed this master planning effort for the 11-acre ZooAmerica site working closely with Zoo staff as well as the adjacent theme park staff of Hershey Park. An early planning effort was to reaffirm the Zoo’s focus on North American species, improve the quality of life for the animals, improve the guest experience, and maximize the site for animal exhibits. The site presented a number of challenges including its relatively small size, steep topography, and a stream splitting the site. A further challenge included accommodating the significant volume of visitors generated from the adjacent theme park site. The final master plan clarified the circulation system, introduced a new neotropics thematic exhibit zone, included a new family adventure zone with amphitheater facilities, and upgraded existing North American woodland species exhibits — all within a very modest development budget.

I just found this one today. I don't know how old these plans are but if they ever do go through, this would be a nice change to the zoo. The plans show the empty land behind the prairie dog exhibit developed as well as a new entrance plaza in the area where the barn owl and bobcat exhibits currently are located. If this master plan goes forward, this would definitely be a welcome change.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Re: ZooAmerica Revdevelopment

Post  Ccron10 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:45 am

Looks cool and is well-needed. I do have some nit-picky things to say about it.

I take notice that they have a Jaguar, Tiger, Monkey, and Flamingo exhibit in the very back. The thing is that these animals are not native to North America. Also, if they were thinking of shying away from the North American theme, you would think that they would invest into some more famous zoo animals such as elephants and giraffes. That's just my opinion, but it would work.

Secondly, these plans would have to be modified if the town plans on realligning Rt. 743. The plans would get rid of the kink on the road and go right through ZooAmerica's parking lot moving it to someplace else. I hope they don't do any drastic changes to the new entry gates shown on the plans. It looks like a real zoo entrance instead of just entering through the gift shop like currently.

Good find! I'm adding it to our new news ticker now (try saying that fast 5 times. lol).
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:44 pm

Yes, it is well-needed.
    I like the fact that nothing is left to get old - it's always getting revamped or redone. They still would have a focus on North American species, but it is good to have a variety, which is why I think they should keep those exhibits in the back there.
    The paths could use some revamping, like making them more user-friendly and a little bit easier to see all the animals. The paths are ok as they are now, however, but a little work wouldn't hurt. I also like the fact that they are thinking of adding some family learning centers and a new exhibit. You can't go wrong with those, plus it is for a 'modest budget'. Wink
    FlyersFan
    Hydra: The Revenge Level
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  FlyersFan on Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:47 pm

This is my first post here and I just want to say I like the forum a lot. I hope they do go through with this redevelopment. It needs it. The zoo is nice but could always be nicer. To me it is just another place to take my son through on the crowded days. I have a season pass so we like to go in the afternoon and head right to the zoo then go do the rides later in the evening. He is 3 and loves seeing the animals but I can't help but think every time I am in the zoo that it needs to be reworked a bit. Maybe I am finally going to get my wish.
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:17 pm

Those plans have to be a little bit old, because they don't account for the new bridge that's taking up a lot of their parking lot.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:05 pm