[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Hersheypark: The Deals, Coupons and Savings Thread

Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Hersheypark: The Deals, Coupons and Savings Thread

Post  Ccron10 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:39 pm

With ticket prices being in the mid $50 range for this coming season, this thread will be continuously updated with info on where and how much you can save on things around the Hershey area as well as inside the park. Feel free to contribute and I will add it to the list.

-Hersheypark:
    >15% Discount on Food, Drink, and Souvenirs: 2011 Season Pass
    This is a good deal, but would only take a $1.50 off of a $10 purchase. But you do save something at least.

>Bring a friend for $34.95: 2011 Season Pass
    This seems like one of the best deals I've seen for admission. With a savings of around $20, it's better than getting discount tickets at Giant!

>Play 1 $2 game of skill, play again for free: 2011 Season Pass
    Not a bad deal. Not much to say about it.

>$2 off admission for a friend during Christmas Candylane: 2011 Season Pass

>Lightning Racer Discount Store: Midway America
    While some of the items are a little outdated, it's a good spot to save some money and still buy souvenirs.

>2011 Souvenir Discount Souvenir Drink Bottle: Any beverage location.
    While no details have been found about 2011 prices, in 2010 it was $9.99 with 99 cent refills all year long. Great for those hot summer days.

>March Sweetness: Recieve $20 off when you purchase a general admission ticket between March 1st to March 6th. $18 off March 7 to March 13, $16 off March 14 to March 20, and $14 off March 21 to March 31.

-Dutch Wonderland:
    $10 Off admission, Free Round of Mini Golf, and 15% Discount on Food, Drink, and Souvenirs: 2011 Season Pass
    Admission for $22.95 and free mini-golf ain't a bad deal.

-ZooAmerica:
    15% Off food, drink and souvenirs: 2011 Season Pass

-Chocolate World
    >$1.00 Off Admission to the 3D Show: 2011 Season Pass
    The show is $5.95 per person and it's kind of a once-and-done kind of thing.

>$9.99 Create-Your-Own Candybar experience: Chocolate-Covered February Special
    Ever wanted to try this, but the expensive admission price drove you away? February is the time.

I'll have more discounts added to this list over time so keep checking it. Wink

Last edited by Ccron10 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Re: Hersheypark: The Deals, Coupons and Savings Thread

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:52 pm

Yes, I love those deals that come with the Season Pass. I plan on trying that barbeque place by Trailblazer this year since I'd be getting 15% knocked off. I don't think the $.99 refills have changed since they implemented that policy. I could be wrong though.

You also forgot about the printed coupon deals on Chocolate World's website. They have discounts on there for the "Create Your Own Candybar" attraction but you can't beat the Feb $9.95 admission price. I'd love to do it just once when we go in two weeks but it all depends on what the others want to do.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:24 pm

A few years ago I went to DW and played some minigolf after I was done with the park, just for fun. I got one of those "free round of minigolf"...I guess it's a card or something. So I was wondering if it would still be valid or not if I was to go back again sometime in the future.
    hpinsane
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  hpinsane on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:35 pm

A single day ticket will be $53.95.

woozybear
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  woozybear on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:29 pm

HPCrazy wrote: I don't think the $.99 refills have changed since they implemented that policy. I could be wrong though.

I found out from a friend last year, if you show your season pass for a refill it knocks it down to about $.85 or so. I can't remember the exact amount.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:38 pm

Nice to know! Thanks for letting me know. I'm a new Season Pass holder this season, so looking forward to all the little perks that come with it. Wink
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:41 am

Just added to the list:
    >March Sweetness: Recieve $20 off when you purchase a general admission ticket between March 1st to March 6th. $18 off March 7 to March 13, $16 off March 14 to March 20, and $14 off March 21 to March 31.

FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:02 pm

I got a season pass this year for myself, wife and son. It really is the way to go. Good all year round. We go once to STITP, once a week in the summer late afternoon or early evening and then once for Halloween and twice for Candylane. We end up getting most of our visits for free. The free parking is great too and the bring a friend is nice for friends who don't have a lot of money. I also take advantage of the 15% off and the souvenir cup refills. It is affordable and really is a great way to do it for a family who enjoys the park as much as we do. I can't wait to go this year. I had a season pass from when I was 3 to 20 and skipped a few years. This will be the first year my son will be able to experience all of the kiddie rides and he loves to swim so the boardwalk will be a great area for him. I can't wait to pass on the tradition on to him.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:49 pm

That's so cool, hope your son enjoys every minute of it! I'm a season pass holder for the very first time this year and am looking forward to it. I plan on visiting once a month (maybe more depending on what happens this summer), once for STITP and HP in the Dark and twice for Candylane (once in both Nov and Dec this year). When are you going to STITP? If you'll be there the day of our meet-up, if you see us, feel free to say hi.
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:10 pm

I have to see my work schedule before I could tell you the exact day I will be at STITP. I'm hoping that they give me the 22nd off because that is the day we really want to go. If not it will be the weekend before either the 16th or 17th. We live 10 minutes from the park so it isn't a big deal to go over for a few hours on either day. If we get there I would for sure like to take part in your meet up. My wife won't ride roller coasters and my son is still too small. Something tells me I might be able to get one of you to hit up a coaster or 2 with me. Very Happy As for my son, I know he will love every second of it. We took him to Universal and Disney in October and to Candylane and he loved it all. We pass Hershey Park every few days and he always points and says Dad I want to go there can we? I haven't told him about the season pass yet but I know he will be so excited to go.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:22 pm