Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

Post  Ccron10 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:56 am

Here's a new article posted in the Patriot News:
    http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/04/hersheypark_uses_website_to_re.html

While it's not online, but in the actual newspaper, an image of the possible layout for the coaster has been posted. I took the liberty of scanning it in:

Rolling Eyes
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:58 pm

Here's a better image that was sent to me by one of our members who had a glimpse of the plans last week. Originally, I had thought not to post it (just to be safe) until Chris posted the above pic, but maybe this might work better since it's a clearer image:

Looks like a twisty layout if I must say.
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:26 pm

It fits the site perfectly... matches nearly all the stakes I remember from my trip...

HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:47 pm

Looking at the layout again just screams Intamin mega. I'm also guessing a double-spine track similar to I-305 because on the rendering that Chris did, if you look where Tilt-A-Whirl is currently located, there are what seem to represent two massive support towers to which would be similar to how I-305 was constructed. As far as the lift hill goes, there isn't too much space between the crest of the first hill and the station, so we could possibly be looking at either a cable-lift system or the duel chain drive similar to Fahrenheit.

EDIT:

Did some more searching and came across this:

http://www.pabulletin.com/secure/data/vol40/40-52/2463b.html

E22-570: Hershey Entertainment and Resorts, 300 Park Boulevard, Hershey, PA 17033, Derry Township, Dauphin County, ACOE Baltimore District

 To remove and restore an existing 74.0-foot long by 24.0-foot wide low flow channel crossing, a 116.0-foot long by 63.0-foot wide staging area in the floodway of Spring Creek (WWF), and an existing 535.0-foot long cofferdam. To construct and maintain: (1) thirty-two 42.0-inch concrete support columns in Spring Creek (WWF); (2) fifty-seven 42.0-inch concrete support columns in the floodway of Spring Creek (WWF); (3) a 37.3-foot long by 21.7-foot wide by 12.0-foot high lift motor and MCC enclosure in Spring Creek (WWF) and its floodway; (4) an 18.0-foot long by 8.0-foot wide by 12.0-foot high GTP building in the floodway of Spring Creek (WWF); (5) a 3.0-foot high by 72.0-foot long masonry retaining wall in the floodway of Spring Creek (WWF); (6) a 33.0-foot long by 7.4-foot wide by 7.3-foot high open stairway in the floodway of Spring Creek (WWF); (7) a 74.0-foot long by 24.0-wide stone ramp in Spring Creek (WWF); ( 8 ) a 451.0-foot long by 20.0-foot wide AASHTO No. 1 rock maintenance path; and (9) a 507.0-foot long by 8.0-foot wide on-grade asphalt walkway in the floodway of Spring Creek (WWF). Also to place and maintain 234.0 cubic yards of fill in the floodway of Spring Creek (WWF) and repair and maintain 1115.0 feet of an existing stone retaining wall in the floodway of Spring Creek (WWF). All for the purpose of constructing a proposed amusement park attraction. The project is located 0.25 miles West of the intersection of Park Boulevard and S.R. 743 (Hershey, PA quadrangle, N: 6.72 inches, W: 4.49 inches; Latitude 40° 17` 10.25 N, Longitude 76° 39` 24.15 W) in Derry Township, Dauphin County.

It's located on the above link between docs E22-570

Plus here's another interesting link:

http://www.ahs2.dep.state.pa.us/eFACTSWeb/searchResults_singleAuth.aspx?AuthID=856312

The most interesting part is the "7.3-foot long by 21.7-foot wide by 12.0-foot high lift motor and MCC enclosure in Spring Creek " MCC is "Motor Control Center".

Magnum PA
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  Magnum PA on Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:17 pm

Now we're talkin' - a possible layout! I've said it before, I'm not into the viral campaign at all. You guys can have fun figuring all that stuff out. I'm only intersted in knowing this ride's layout and its manufacturer.

I will agree that this layout looks very Intamin-esque, but don't be so quick to judge. B&M's lift supports use similar footers. It's just that their supports are 'V' shaped. Having said that, if this is indeed the layout, I'm 95% sure it will be Intamin, based on a few other things. I'll still hold out a sliver of hope for B&M, though.

HPCrazy wrote:Looks like a twisty layout if I must say.

Not to be overly critical, but I already have my reservations about this layout, if this is the layout.

1) It's too short... again. This layout looks less than 4000 ft, which is way too short for a megacoaster.

2) It's twisted, not the out and back, hilly, air-time filled design I was hoping for.

3) It looks like there is twisting first drop. I would much rather have a straight first drop on a megacoaster. There is much more of a sense of free-fall on a straight drop than a twisting one.

4) It looks like you hit the brakes before you make the U turn over Comet's station, making the ride even shorter.

5) Looking at the station, it's small. Almost seems too small for three thrains. I'm thinking two... again.

I'll reserve total judgement until I ride it. But as far as initial impressions, I'm a little disappointed.

I guess what I'm basically saying is that it's cool to see a layout, but I hope this isn't totally accurate. Having said that, I don't know what else it could be, especially if the image is only a week old.

Last edited by Magnum PA on Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

tedgarb
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tedgarb on Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:28 pm

Chris, why am I not surprised you are in on this? Very Happy
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW on Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:51 pm

Hey Chris,

I looked into the Public Records request but the PA DEP only allows in person review. The fact that I am in Wisconsin makes it impossible for me to physically review the records. However, since some member live in the area...

Follow these procedures:
    http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/southcentral_regional_office/13781/file_review/592734

Information you will need:

Program Area: Watershed - Water Obstruction & Encroachment Pmt
    Site Name: HERSHEY PARK (464170)
    Permit number: E22-570
    Authorization ID: 856312

It is 15cents per copy after the first 10 free.

Based on my past experience with DEP permits there will be some type of map included. It will likely just be the locations of the features mentioned in the public bulletin.

This is the short version of the information I sent to Chris:
    - Remove the old dam
    - Thirty-two 42.0-inch supports in the creek
    - fifty-seven 42.0-inch supports in the flood plain of the creek
    - Lift motor and Motor Control Center enclosure
    - GTP building (not sure what GTP)
    - Retaining walls
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:00 pm

tedgarb wrote:Chris, why am I not surprised you are in on this? Very Happy

We have developed a great relationship with one of the writers from the Patriot News. In fact, he also contacted me to give some input for the article but I didn't have the chance to check my email until later, so that was unable to happen. Both Chris and I have had the opportunity to meet him in person and he, indeed, is a very nice guy. I read the article...not as long as the first one, but still very good! This is the second newspaper article we've been featured on. Great publicity for both the park and our site! Wink
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:09 pm

tedgarb wrote:Chris, why am I not surprised you are in on this? Very Happy
    I just report my findings; I have no clue what they have up their sleeves. Wink

^Interesting. Unfortunately I'm not sure if I would be able to go view them, but if any member here who is willing to do that, they are more than welcome to post what they find.

Here are some interesting points that I've noticed:
    1. Judging from the cluster of supports right after the supposed-lift hill, I'm thinking this may have a turn similar to Intimidator 305 after a straight first drop. It would explian the removal of those trees next to Comet as well as the retaining wall.
    2. Periodically through the course there looks like spaces for Comet to pass through.
    3. Tilt-A-Whirl looks like it may be confirmed on being removed as well as the games building. The restrooms may be spared.
    4. The storage track looks like it will be next to the station.

Magnum PA
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  Magnum PA on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:24 pm

CoasterBGW wrote:
    This is the short version of the information I sent to Chris:
    - Remove the old dam
    - Thirty-two 42.0-inch supports in the creek
    - fifty-seven 42.0-inch supports in the flood plain of the creek
    - Lift motor and Motor Control Center enclosure
    - GTP building (not sure what GTP)
    - Retaining walls

GTP is Get the Picture, the park's on-ride photo supplier.

I'm confused by the "Remove old dam" part. If that is the case, and unless they are replacing it with a new one, it seems that the pond is going away, which would be a shame. It would be fun to ride a coaster on and along the water. It sounds like the creek will be all that is left in the area. No dam, no pond.

But there has to be a permanent dam somewhere in the area, maybe the new one near the Looper. Without one, the creek's water level through the park would drop significantly.

If the pond is going away, I think I understand their game plan for construction in the current area.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:28 pm

The new dam over by the Comet is probably replacing the old one. I'm sure they'll keep it once construction is complete.

I'm also guessing by the looks of that layout that we're not receiving a water splash feature for this ride.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:36 pm

HPCrazy wrote:The new dam over by the Comet is probably replacing the old one. I'm sure they'll keep it once construction is complete.

I'm also guessing by the looks of that layout that we're not receiving a water splash feature for this ride.
    That dam doesn't look to permanent to me. It's made out of just rocks and dirt, but if they added a brand new one in the construction area, then it would make sense.

Magnum PA
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  Magnum PA on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:24 pm

Ccron10 wrote:
    Here are some interesting points that I've noticed:
    1. Judging from the cluster of supports right after the supposed-lift hill, I'm thinking this may have a turn similar to Intimidator 305 after a straight first drop. It would explian the removal of those trees next to Comet as well as the retaining wall.

I hope you're right. And if you're right, it means we're looking at a steep (80+ degree) first drop, according to that layout.

To me, it looks more like a right hand turning drop. But like I said, I hope you're right.

EDIT...

Looking at the layout itself, it looks like the cross-over point in the middle of the current pond consists of two airtime hills. Wouldn't that be cool if the shorter hill was only just shorter than the first, creating a unique head-chopper effect?

You can tell by the proximity of the footers to the track on each of the turn-arounds that they are low to the ground turns.

Again, assuming this is an accurate layout...

Last edited by Magnum PA on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:32 pm

I agree as well. When I first saw those blueprints, that was what I was originally thinking. I don't think that you'd feel the intensity and force on a curved first drop as much as you would going straight down into an overbanked turn.
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  2012 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:52 pm

Anyone willing to do another drawing following this layout?
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:03 pm

Website update!

http://www.rideinstitute.com/

4/20/11
    23-year old RIT Junior Researcher awarded an unprecedented two MacArthrop "Genius Grants." Donates $1,000,000 gift to charity.

4/20/11
    RIT vociferously addresses 2012 media speculation by reporter Nick Malawskey of The Patriot-News.
    Read official Press Release here.

http://www.rideinstitute.com/pressReleases.php
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Wow, they got the Patriot News involved in this now. I'm surprised they haven't brought up this site yet. I guess give them time.

Magnum PA
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  Magnum PA on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:54 pm

CoasterBGW wrote:
    http://www.rideinstitute.com/pressReleases.php

I'm sorry. I just don't get this whole thing. It seems like an unnecessary waste of time, energy, and resources to get the coaster community riled up about a ride that would sell itself to the same people if the park did nothing but announce it.

After reading through the RIT site for the first time, and especially after the latest 'denial', I'm beginning to think that whoever is writing this stuff is either mentally ill (like imaginary friends-ill), or has waaaaaaaay too much time on his hands.

Isn't it more fun speculating about the proposed layout? Is it coincidence that RIT releases a statement on the day that the layout is leaked? Message boards quickly jumped from RIT discussion on Monday to layout discussion today, leaving RIT as an afterthought mostly.

Just sayin....

Magnum PA
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  Magnum PA on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:02 pm

HPCrazy wrote:Wow, they got the Patriot News involved in this now.

Of course they did. The more the Patriot News writes about it, the more free marketing the park receives. The park would love nothing more than for this whole viral marketing scheme to spill over to the public forum - more than it has.

The funny thing is, it seems that most of the comments from the public on Pennlive.com are filled with animosity towards the park and its pricing.

Again, I'm not trying to be negative, or overly critical. I'm just keepin' it real...
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:12 pm

Actually, I think it's alot of fun. This game is most definitely better than the Nantimi game was. I know there are people out there, like you, who would rather just wait for the announcement and speculate how the layout will be, but I think these games really add things up to the actual ride announcement. Without a doubt, Hershey knows what they're doing.
    CoasterEricHP
    Black Diamond Level
    Black Diamond Level

Post  CoasterEricHP on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:48 pm

You guys know I cant resist creating a drawing of this.. I actually made this one for Nick from the Patriot News yesterday after seeing the layout.

As with many of you I see a few airtime hills almost looking like Rita, twist and turns like I305, and a first drop maybeee like that from Expedition Ge Force.. it may be a little short but it will pack a huge punch bringing together elements from three of the best Intamin's out there. The only bad thing-- OTSR's... but we'll worry about that later Smile

Also here's an overlay I just made up if anyone is having trouble picturing where this is going to go-

(edit- totally missed the other overlay up a little farther but.. you can never have too many pictures!)
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:32 pm

I can actually see your overlay of the blueprints better than the first one. As was said before, it definitely fits where the stakes are located.

tedgarb
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tedgarb on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:12 pm

I would like to point out and note the double negatives in the press release, implying that RIT is in fact involved in the whole thing.

i.e. "denies any and all noninvolvement...disputes any non-association"
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  2012 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Wow completely skimmed over that thanks for pointing it out.
    CoasterEricHP
    Black Diamond Level
    Black Diamond Level

Post  CoasterEricHP on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Here's one more quick picture with the overlay and what I think the elevations and twisty turns will look like...

What do you guys think the chances are that we are being played with this layout? How many times do these things actually leak out this easily?
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:00 am

CoasterEricHP wrote:hat we are being played with this layout? How many times do these things actually leak out this easily?
    No, most definitely not. The only issue I had with the layout was the lift crossing the creek, which was based on one of the pole markers having a "72" on it. However it (the picture I had in my update which was showing marker 20L) was in fact, 20L. Knowing that, it made it plain as day that the lift was logically crossing the creek - and that the ride was following this path once you put the marker numbers together.

This is exciting stuff, but as I am a really big B&M fan (especially rides like Great Bear, Talon, Nitro, Hydra and Bizarro), I'm disappointed that it's not going to be a B&M ride. It would be great to see a B&M hyper floorless fit in this area instead of a downscaled I-305.

EDIT: I also uploaded 4 new pictures in a blog: http://keystonethrills.megabb.com/t262-april-20-attraction-2012-update#3706
    pushingbuttons
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  pushingbuttons on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:53 am

Magnum PA wrote:
    I'm confused by the "Remove old dam" part. If that is the case, and unless they are replacing it with a new one, it seems that the pond is going away, which would be a shame. It would be fun to ride a coaster on and along the water. It sounds like the creek will be all that is left in the area. No dam, no pond.

But there has to be a permanent dam somewhere in the area, maybe the new one near the Looper. Without one, the creek's water level through the park would drop significantly.

They have to have a dam somewhere. Without the dam the water level gets too low and the creek smells like "chocolate" if you know what I mean. The temp dam is what it says it is, a temporary dam. I think they will demo the current dam and replace it with an up-to-date dam. One that can control the water level better and make it easier to change the water level
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:06 am

I read over their press release again:
    RIT categorically denies any and all noninvolvement with a "viral marketing campaign" in 2012, and vociferously disputes any non-association, implied or otherwise, with "fake web pages, hidden messages, foreign languages, and symbolism." Among RIT colleagues and board members today, there was widespread admiration for the enterprising work of Malewskey andThe Patriot-News, yet we remain a thriving research institution with vast financial resources and a fully funded research pipeline stretching many years into a bright and prosperous future.

Clever wording. I first thought they were denying their inovlvement, but it seems that they stated the exact opposite.
    The Storm Runner
    Contributor
    Contributor

Post  The Storm Runner on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:34 pm

On thing I noticed is the lack of supports around the intersection in the middle of the pond (the 'x'). I'm guessing these will be two large spans of track (presumably, airtime hills) like I305. Neat bounce
    FlyersFan
    Hydra: The Revenge Level
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  FlyersFan on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:44 pm

So a funny thing that happened to me today. I was with my mom and she just started talking all about the article in the patriot news yesterday. She isn't a coaster fan but went to the RIT website and everything. She asked me if I knew anything about this keystone thrills website too. She won't be joining (she's 66 years old) but was very interested that I was a member. As this game goes on and the patriot news keeps putting this forum out there I see membership blossoming, which is great obviously. I just thought it was funny that someone who don't follow amusement parks, theme parks or roller coasters was into the "game". Figured I would share the story because maybe someone else will get a kick out of it.
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:33 am

In regards to the viral campaign, I am certainly one who wishes they'd release the information about the ride already because I'm not the most patient one about these sorts of things, and I hate the waiting period. However, this viral campaign is one of the best things they've done in terms of marketing. Sure, it gets the lot of park/coaster fans interested - with the exception of those who just want the announcement - something to be expected.

Lets say that they decided to announce the coaster today and forget about the RIT game. The cat's out of the bag (no pun intended, Wildcat), so the only reporting that would occur would be that they started pouring footers, putting pillars on footers, then track onto the pillars, then the last track piece, then the ride opening. But, because of the RIT game, they can leak bits and pieces here and there, and because WGAL and the Patriot-News made this a story back in February and March, they'll continue to occasionally do a story about the RIT game because it's an on-going event. It's tons of free press that the park otherwise wouldn't be getting.

So this RIT game is absolutely great. It may be silly, but it gets people's attention, and that's all that matters.
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:57 am

PSUPrincess22 wrote:Do you think that 12 digit code from the banners could be entered into the search box and unlock something??

4 digits are still missing.

_ _ _ _-3 1 6 2-2 0 3 7

That search box HAD to be put there for a reason.
    4/25/11 cant get here fast enough!!
    How do you know it's a 12 digit code?
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:46 am

gb980109 wrote:In regards to the viral campaign, I am certainly one who wishes they'd release the information about the ride already because I'm not the most patient one about these sorts of things, and I hate the waiting period. However, this viral campaign is one of the best things they've done in terms of marketing. Sure, it gets the lot of park/coaster fans interested - with the exception of those who just want the announcement - something to be expected.

Lets say that they decided to announce the coaster today and forget about the RIT game. The cat's out of the bag (no pun intended, Wildcat), so the only reporting that would occur would be that they started pouring footers, putting pillars on footers, then track onto the pillars, then the last track piece, then the ride opening. But, because of the RIT game, they can leak bits and pieces here and there, and because WGAL and the Patriot-News made this a story back in February and March, they'll continue to occasionally do a story about the RIT game because it's an on-going event. It's tons of free press that the park otherwise wouldn't be getting.

So this RIT game is absolutely great. It may be silly, but it gets people's attention, and that's all that matters.

Wow, that's amazing! Yeah, I know we've been all over, especially when WGAL did their interview because I've had people approach me about it (some being older people as well). I don't think this is the last that we'll be hearing from the media through all of this. I'm sure the park is eating this up because it's free publicity, especially if they're not putting in something major this season. It's a way for them to get the anticipated attraction out there so when it's officially announced, people will be excited. If our membership continues to blossom through this game up until the official announcement, I really hope alot of the people who joined up with us will continue to remain here (which I believe they will) and follow us as the premiere source of PA park news.

Considering what we (as a site) are doing to really help promote the park in free advertising, at least what they could do is let the Keystone Thrills crew be among the first riders on the new coaster when it opens to the public. That's just my imput.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:40 am

Considering what we (as a site) are doing to really help promote the park in free advertising, at least what they could do is let the Keystone Thrills crew be among the first riders on the new coaster when it opens to the public. That's just my imput.
    Let me chime in on this.
    I really could care less if we are the first riders, last riders, or whatever riders we are. If they allow us, then cool, but I would not be disapointed or shocked if we aren't.

I'm going to check out construction this afternoon. I might do an update depending on if anything looks new.
    pushingbuttons
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  pushingbuttons on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:51 am

gb980109 wrote:
    PSUPrincess22 wrote:Do you think that 12 digit code from the banners could be entered into the search box and unlock something??

_ _ _ _-3 1 6 2-2 0 3 7

This is how.
    PSUPrincess22
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  PSUPrincess22 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:44 am

pushingbuttons wrote:
    gb980109 wrote:

_ _ _ _-3 1 6 2-2 0 3 7

This is how.

THANK YOU BUTTONS!! =)
    Plus the Number 12 seems to be the magic number for everything with this game!
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:55 am

Sweet! What are we supposed to do with that code now?
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:05 pm

PSUPrincess22 wrote:
    pushingbuttons wrote:
    gb980109 wrote:

_ _ _ _-3 1 6 2-2 0 3 7

This is how.

THANK YOU BUTTONS!! =)
    Plus the Number 12 seems to be the magic number for everything with this game!
    Well that makes sense. I never could see the numbers at all, let alone the blanks. But, I tried 1 9 1 1 and that didnt work.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Well that makes sense. I never could see the numbers at all, let alone the blanks. But, I tried 1 9 1 1 and that didnt work.
    You could always try to find it this way:

Laughing
    intaminfan08
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  intaminfan08 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:57 pm

Ahh its good to be back on the forums again! After looking at the site I found a paige with a bunch of dates and looks as though something will be announced on the 25 hopefully on the RIT website something about propulsion. Dang I came back just in time!
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:02 am

They have started digging along the hillside next to the road (close to where that first turn would be according to the blueprint.
    Speaking of the blueprints, I am 80% sure that the stakes down now match up to the blueprints. I am basing this on the close proximity to where they would be built according to the blueprint in the area of Comet.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:00 am

Yeah, there are at least two rows of stakes along the fence. Those blueprints match up to those stakes, as well as the markings and stakes around that particular area. As far as digging, they would have to realign that hillside, especially if its a straight first drop into an overbanked turn.
    The Storm Runner
    Contributor
    Contributor

Post  The Storm Runner on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:28 pm

HPCrazy wrote: especially if its a straight first drop into an overbanked turn.

I highly doubt that. Look again at the blueprints. The only footers for the first turn are right beside the track. If there was an overbank, there would be more footers a distance away (like the second of the two turnarounds on the Creekside Catering side of the pond, which I do believe is an overbank similar to a B&M hammerhead. The first turnaround on that side, like this first turn, closely follows its footers, which makes me think that, too, is a turn close to the ground). It reminds me of this:

However, I don't think we have enough room for the turn to be sprawled that much. I'm guessing a Maverick-style turn out of the first drop, meaning, it goes into the banking about 1/2-2/3 down the drop. Whatever the case, there aren't footers to handle an overbank, let alone room, immediately following the first drop.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:06 pm

That turn is way too wide. I can see us getting something similar, just tighter to accomodate that hillside. It would be sweet if we had a turn right off the first drop, similar to Maverick. I thought that was spectacular when I rode it.
    CoasterEricHP
    Black Diamond Level
    Black Diamond Level

Post  CoasterEricHP on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:19 pm

I'm hoping for an Expedition Geforce type drop.. Mmmm..

(RCDB)

HPfangirl4life
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  HPfangirl4life on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:30 pm

The Propulsion Dynamics study is not available yet. Did anyone else check RIT's site today? Or did I miss a timestamp that it would be available?
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:31 pm

Eh...it's ok. I'd rather prefer a straight drop into an overbanked turn, even if it's set up similar to Maverick, but on a 212 foot scale and minus the negative drop.

Was just thinking but if they just closed off Lightning Racer's overflow and are in the process of removing it in the near future, could we be possibly looking at possible new home of Tilt-A-Whirl (if it doesn't move to Founder's Circle) next season? I remember it being mentioned about some rides being shuffled around, could be possible.

Also checked RIT's website and couldn't find anything new. Will check again later. Maybe someone else will be successful.

HPfangirl4life
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  HPfangirl4life on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:08 pm

That is exactly what I was picturing for Tilt-a-Whirl! It would be a perfect use of that space.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:46 pm

HPCrazy wrote:Eh...it's ok. I'd rather prefer a straight drop into an overbanked turn, even if it's set up similar to Maverick, but on a 212 foot scale and minus the negative drop.

Was just thinking but if they just closed off Lightning Racer's overflow and are in the process of removing it in the near future, could we be possibly looking at possible new home of Tilt-A-Whirl (if it doesn't move to Founder's Circle) next season? I remember it being mentioned about some rides being shuffled around, could be possible.

Also checked RIT's website and couldn't find anything new. Will check again later. Maybe someone else will be successful.
    Looking at the overflow on Friday and I think it would work perfectly there. They would need to remove the tree in the planter between Music Express and the Racer entrance to connect it to the midway, but It would fit nicely there.

Plenty of room. Besides, how often was it really used since it's opening?
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:01 pm

I agree, even on the busiest day that I've ever been there, Lightning Racer's line comes down the ramp, that's it, unless it extends onto the walkway between the ramp and ride entrance. The only time I can remember that extended queue being used was during the ride's opening year in 2000. I don't think it's coincidental that it seems to be in the process of being removed at the same time that Attraction 2012's construction is well underway. We'll just have to keep an eye on it during the season and see what happens.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:34 pm