Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Re: Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:33 pm

You guys all brought up some great points. I'm pretty positive that the blueprint is accurate...I highly doubt Hershey would waste their time to make a fake blueprint that would follow the stakes. The design exactly matches where the stakes and markings are and with the tree clearing going on, some of those areas seem to indicate where the ride would go, according to those blueprints.

To be honest, I don't think Hershey was expecting us to catch on to the layout this early in the game. But as to them, or anyone else, the show (or game) must go on...
    CoasterEricHP
    Black Diamond Level
    Black Diamond Level

Post  CoasterEricHP on Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:48 pm

^^ Well.. this is one time I don't like the DEP because it ruined everything! You guys are just lucky I'm in FL or I'd be up there hugging those trees with the ribbons on them Wink

Poor RIT..
    PSUPrincess22
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  PSUPrincess22 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:38 pm

CoasterBGW wrote:
    CoasterEricHP wrote:
    Also, The Nantimi game was a complete mystery until the very end. The only layout that was leaked was that paper napkin looking sketch and then came the puzzle pieces. How come that layout wasn't at a township meeting hanging for all to see?

I guess the point of this post is that I feel that this game is over before it really began. But... at the same time I don't put it past Hershey to have leaked a fake layout photo as part of the game. We're still over a year away from riding this thing. Was anyone else at this meeting where the layout was hanging out for all to see aside from Nick? Maybe he's in on it?

I just find it odd that THIS leaked out when Fahrenheit, Storm Runner, and coaster projects all over the country don't leak out. Why not just go to township/zoning meetings in Allentown to figure out what Dorney is building or in NJ to see what SFGadv has planned. "Secret" coaster layouts usually don't hit the internet before even one footer is poured. This thing is leaking all over the place! It almost seems suspicious to me.

But then again.. the layout matches the stakes.. so.. hmm..

The difference between this ride and the others is that it involves wetlands, streams, and floodplains. As soon as you want to build in areas monitored by the Department of Environmental Protection you need to submit detailed plans to prove you will not create a negative impact on the environment where you are building.

As well as Hershey wants to build over the height limit. They need to have the exact height known so they can plan the layout accordingly.
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:29 pm

Magnum PA wrote:
    CoasterEricHP wrote:Do you guys think Hershey intended for us to see the blue prints from last week this early on in the game?

I'm going to say no. On the contrary, I don't think they were too happy that that image was leaked. Given the fact that they immediately sent out an odd "Press Release" on the RIT website that same day.
    The layout of the ride was submitted to the township, so it's public information. I have no doubt that the park knew it was going to be printed in the Patriot News. It's no coincidence that it was published right after the RIT site was updated. And you don't think they planned on having that "press release" on the day the Patriot News story came out?

This game isn't just for the coaster fans like the Nantimi game was. That was obvious from the second there was a story published about the RIT game on the front cover of the Patriot News. This game is more for the general public, and that's why it doesn't matter that the layout was published.

CoasterEricHP wrote:I guess the point of this post is that I feel that this game is over before it really began. But... at the same time I don't put it past Hershey to have leaked a fake layout photo as part of the game. We're still over a year away from riding this thing. Was anyone else at this meeting where the layout was hanging out for all to see aside from Nick? Maybe he's in on it?

I just find it odd that THIS leaked out when Fahrenheit, Storm Runner, and coaster projects all over the country don't leak out. Why not just go to township/zoning meetings in Allentown to figure out what Dorney is building or in NJ to see what SFGadv has planned. "Secret" coaster layouts usually don't hit the internet before even one footer is poured. This thing is leaking all over the place! It almost seems suspicious to me.

But then again.. the layout matches the stakes.. so.. hmm..
    I'd figure that if people went to their local township meetings, they'd find out a lot more information about these projects. In a lot of cases though, there's no reason for the actual layout of the ride to be submitted to authorities. The key problem with this ride is that almost all of it is in a floodplain and is also going to be in the creek itself. In 1997, Great Bear's layout may have been submitted and no one ever really went to look for it because websites like these weren't around for the most part then. And to a degree, the same for Storm Runner. But most places don't have to worry about odd locations for rides which requires significant government approval. Fahrenheit's approval wasn't all too detailed because it's on a relatively flat piece of land with no creeks around it at all. So, that changes things.

For all intents and purposes, the game is basically over for us - but not for the person who doesn't know the difference between Intamin and Vekoma. Or not for the person who just wants to enjoy it because it's fun. Like I've said, there's no reason to announce the coaster today - they'll lose out on marketing opportunities if they did.

Magnum PA
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  Magnum PA on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:30 pm

gb980109 wrote: The layout of the ride was submitted to the township, so it's public information. I have no doubt that the park knew it was going to be printed in the Patriot News. It's no coincidence that it was published right after the RIT site was updated. And you don't think they planned on having that "press release" on the day the Patriot News story came out?

I guess I misspoke. I don't think that Hershey was involved with the article other than any quotes that Nick got. They may have known that it was going to run in that day's paper, but I don't think they were anticipating that the layout would be included. And I don't think the article and the RIT "press release" were coordinated. I could be wrong, but none of us really know.

The layout really got the coaster community talking. But they weren't talking about RIT, they were talking about the layout, leaving RIT as an afterthought. The park may have felt the need for a diversion back to RIT, and so they posted a "Press Release".

gb980109 wrote: This game isn't just for the coaster fans like the Nantimi game was. That was obvious from the second there was a story published about the RIT game on the front cover of the Patriot News. This game is more for the general public, and that's why it doesn't matter that the layout was published.

For all intents and purposes, the game is basically over for us - but not for the person who doesn't know the difference between Intamin and Vekoma. Or not for the person who just wants to enjoy it because it's fun. Like I've said, there's no reason to announce the coaster today - they'll lose out on marketing opportunities if they did.

I disagree here. I really don't think Joe Public is searching for clues on the RIT website. The game is for the coaster/park community, and the hope is that it generates interest (and free publicity) in the public forum. But, that's why I feel it's all a waste of time. Once this ride is announced, the coaster community will discuss the hell out of it, and they'll all come to ride it.

Hersheypark would be better off focusing their resources more on building one hell of a ride than on a silly game. The ride will sell itself for years to come if it is great. If it's not a great ride (like the park's other steel rides) people will take their time coming back to the park. Either way, RIT will fade into oblivion within a few months of the ride's opening.

gb980109 wrote: I'd figure that if people went to their local township meetings, they'd find out a lot more information about these projects. In a lot of cases though, there's no reason for the actual layout of the ride to be submitted to authorities. The key problem with this ride is that almost all of it is in a floodplain and is also going to be in the creek itself. In 1997, Great Bear's layout may have been submitted and no one ever really went to look for it because websites like these weren't around for the most part then. And to a degree, the same for Storm Runner. But most places don't have to worry about odd locations for rides which requires significant government approval. Fahrenheit's approval wasn't all too detailed because it's on a relatively flat piece of land with no creeks around it at all. So, that changes things.

Agreed 100% here. This ride is different than the rest because of its location. Most likely, for that reason alone, the layout had to be submitted as well.

Perhaps HP should have considered that the layout could be leaked in the approval process before they started such a detailed scavenger hunt.

Like was said before, the layout gives me all I need to know. I'm still excited to know all of the details, but not nearly as excited I was to know the layout and designer.
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Magnum PA wrote:I guess I misspoke. I don't think that Hershey was involved with the article other than any quotes that Nick got. They may have known that it was going to run in that day's paper, but I don't think they were anticipating that the layout would be included. And I don't think the article and the RIT "press release" were coordinated. I could be wrong, but none of us really know.

The layout really got the coaster community talking. But they weren't talking about RIT, they were talking about the layout, leaving RIT as an afterthought. The park may have felt the need for a diversion back to RIT, and so they posted a "Press Release".

I disagree here. I really don't think Joe Public is searching for clues on the RIT website. The game is for the coaster/park community, and the hope is that it generates interest (and free publicity) in the public forum. But, that's why I feel it's all a waste of time. Once this ride is announced, the coaster community will discuss the hell out of it, and they'll all come to ride it.
    I'm not saying the park said to the Patriot News, "Do this and we'll do that." I'm saying the park knew the story was coming and when it did, they put out the "press release." (I also think they knew the layout was going to be printed in the paper. Why did the Patriot News wait so long to publish the layout - only in the newspaper, I might add.)

I think the simpler way to put this is that RIT is for the collective coaster community (and remember, there are plenty of people who want to play the game), while subsequent promotion by the park (on Facebook and other avenues) and free press in the media is for the public. If they announced the ride, any future free press would be lost. I don't know how many times I can repeat that. Simply put: free press is a very good thing (as so long as it is positive)!

Magnum PA wrote:Hersheypark would be better off focusing their resources more on building one hell of a ride than on a silly game. The ride will sell itself for years to come if it is great. If it's not a great ride (like the park's other steel rides) people will take their time coming back to the park. Either way, RIT will fade into oblivion within a few months of the ride's opening.
    It's extremely cheap to make this game; the website is relatively cheap and very little man hours are needed to make it. Besides, marketing and engineering are on two different spectrums. It's not like Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is a tiny company.

Magnum PA wrote:Perhaps HP should have considered that the layout could be leaked in the approval process before they started such a detailed scavenger hunt.
    You really think they didn't? It's not like Hershey is a brand new business and its workers have no experience dealing with the media.

Magnum PA
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  Magnum PA on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:58 pm

gb980109 wrote: I'm not saying the park said to the Patriot News, "Do this and we'll do that." I'm saying the park knew the story was coming and when it did, they put out the "press release." (I also think they knew the layout was going to be printed in the paper. Why did the Patriot News wait so long to publish the layout - only in the newspaper, I might add.)

It really depends on the true source of that photo of the layout. Was there a credit in the Patriot News? I never saw the actual paper, just the image on this site. Was the image sent in to this writer? Did the writer take the picture? Did some random meeting-goer take the picture? Did Hershey send the picture to the Patriot News? Who knows...

Your theory is that Hershey knew all along that the photo was being printed. My theory is that they did not know, and it threw them for a loop and they had to scramble to put out an RIT press release. The press release wasn't to dispute the article or the photo. It was to draw people's attention back to RIT. Neither one of us knows the truth for sure. But both scenarios are more than plausible.

gb980109 wrote:I think the simpler way to put this is that RIT is for the collective coaster community (and remember, there are plenty of people who want to play the game), while subsequent promotion by the park (on Facebook and other avenues) and free press in the media is for the public. If they announced the ride, any future free press would be lost. I don't know how many times I can repeat that. Simply put: free press is a very good thing (as so long as it is positive)!

It's extremely cheap to make this game; the website is relatively cheap and very little man hours are needed to make it. Besides, marketing and engineering are on two different spectrums. It's not like Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is a tiny company.

None of it is free press, as there are costs - more than you may think - involved with the RIT campaign. I only question how effective it is. Sure, it gets many in the coaster community riled up. But most would come to ride it anyway, just because it's a new roller coaster. I just don't think the local general public cares about it at all.

If they release the details, and it looks tame, and the ride reviews in 2012 are poor, no one is traveling to Hershey to ride it, no matter what kind of promotion Hersheypark is doing right now. Look at Fahrenheit. Hershey put together a big viral campaign an opened an 'ok' coaster.

gb980109 wrote:
    Magnum PA wrote:Perhaps HP should have considered that the layout could be leaked in the approval process before they started such a detailed scavenger hunt.

You really think they didn't? It's not like Hershey is a brand new business and its workers have no experience dealing with the media.

No, I don't think they thought that this whole thing may be ruined if the layout getting out. I don't think they thought it would get out.

Hershey has had plenty of flops and public mistakes over its history. I'm not saying that this is necessarily one of them. But let's face it. The game is over if that was the real layout.
    FlyersFan
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  FlyersFan on Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:50 pm

To me the game isn't over. We don't know much about it besides who is making it, the height and the layout (if that is the layout) Hershey is a smart company and they had to know that layout would get out. Besides the game is to draw public interest for the ride. We as coaster enthusiasts are already interested in it. The general public is interested in the game, even my 63 year old mother asked me if there was any new information out today. The game is doing what it is supposed to and that is create a buzz around the ride announcement.
    Coast
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Coast on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:21 pm

OK, I've been following this for a while and now I finally have gotten around to posting.

Now, this released "layout" has me skeptical. Don't get me wrong, I really, really want that to be the real layout for this thing. However, don't be surprised if Hershey is messing with us. They read the boards, remember. Maybe they knew we had been speculating Intamin hyper the second that we saw survey marks and flags and went ahead and created a false blueprint and then even released an RIT update to make it really convincing. Not saying this is what I think they really did, it really is a stretch, but don't rule it out. This is a "game" intended to mess with us, remember that.

Anyway, the layout looks like a smaller I305 and it has me drooling.

FlyersFan wrote:To me the game isn't over. We don't know much about it besides who is making it, the height and the layout (if that is the layout) Hershey is a smart company and they had to know that layout would get out. Besides the game is to draw public interest for the ride. We as coaster enthusiasts are already interested in it. The general public is interested in the game, even my 63 year old mother asked me if there was any new information out today. The game is doing what it is supposed to and that is create a buzz around the ride announcement.

The GP I don't think is fully aware of it yet. I think that eventually they will be once they start advertising in the park for RIT like they did with the Nantimi banner on Chute Outs prior to the announcement.

Nice avatar by the way! HHN is where it's at!
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:10 am

Magnum PA wrote:My theory is that they did not know, and it threw them for a loop and they had to scramble to put out an RIT press release. The press release wasn't to dispute the article or the photo. It was to draw people's attention back to RIT. Neither one of us knows the truth for sure. But both scenarios are more than plausible.
    My belief is that they did, they planned this, and the press release (a very basic aspect of public relations), was one aspect of it.

The viral campaign now is about getting people interested in the park NOW, for the 2011 season, as much as it is promotion for what's coming next year. If the coaster turns out to be a disappointment, that will be a problem for the 2012 season and beyond. But really? A 200 foot coaster that's "tame?" What...are they going to have breaks on the first drop so it doesn't break 60mph?

I think Fahrenheit is a better coaster than Storm Runner, by the way.

Clearly the RIT game is having positive effect. It's in the newspaper, it's on television and FlyersFan makes the absolute best point about it - even his mother is asking about it. I've heard my friends talk about it after the WGAL story, too, and I never thought some of them would remotely care.

Hershey's biggest snafoo was with Turbulence, and that wasn't the park's fault. That was the ride manufacturer who violated the contract they agreed to, so the project was cancelled. I'm not sure how you can talk about Hershey having plenty of flops when Knoebel's is having a double flop with Flying Turns in year 6 of jackknifing and Black Diamond's opening being delayed until mid-season.

Magnum PA wrote:None of it is free press, as there are costs - more than you may think - involved with the RIT campaign.
    So what are these costs you speak of that are more than I think?
    pushingbuttons
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  pushingbuttons on Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:19 am

Magnum PA wrote:
    gb980109 wrote: I'm not saying the park said to the Patriot News, "Do this and we'll do that." I'm saying the park knew the story was coming and when it did, they put out the "press release." (I also think they knew the layout was going to be printed in the paper. Why did the Patriot News wait so long to publish the layout - only in the newspaper, I might add.)

It really depends on the true source of that photo of the layout. Was there a credit in the Patriot News? I never saw the actual paper, just the image on this site. Was the image sent in to this writer? Did the writer take the picture? Did some random meeting-goer take the picture? Did Hershey send the picture to the Patriot News? Who knows...

It says in the paper it was from the public records after hershey submitted it to the township to apply for a building permit

gb980109 wrote:

I think Fahrenheit is a better coaster than Storm Runner, by the way.

This is by far the dumbest thing I have ever heard! Evil or Very Mad
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan on Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:28 am

Coast wrote:OK, I've been following this for a while and now I finally have gotten around to posting.

Now, this released "layout" has me skeptical. Don't get me wrong, I really, really want that to be the real layout for this thing. However, don't be surprised if Hershey is messing with us. They read the boards, remember. Maybe they knew we had been speculating Intamin hyper the second that we saw survey marks and flags and went ahead and created a false blueprint and then even released an RIT update to make it really convincing. Not saying this is what I think they really did, it really is a stretch, but don't rule it out. This is a "game" intended to mess with us, remember that.

Anyway, the layout looks like a smaller I305 and it has me drooling.

FlyersFan wrote:To me the game isn't over. We don't know much about it besides who is making it, the height and the layout (if that is the layout) Hershey is a smart company and they had to know that layout would get out. Besides the game is to draw public interest for the ride. We as coaster enthusiasts are already interested in it. The general public is interested in the game, even my 63 year old mother asked me if there was any new information out today. The game is doing what it is supposed to and that is create a buzz around the ride announcement.

The GP I don't think is fully aware of it yet. I think that eventually they will be once they start advertising in the park for RIT like they did with the Nantimi banner on Chute Outs prior to the announcement.

Nice avatar by the way! HHN is where it's at!

I do think the Gp is aware since there was a major article about it in the local newspaper.
    Thanks for noticing my avatar, Your the first person on here to know what HHN is or what my avatar is from. Most of these guys and gals probably think I am some crazy guy because of it but I just love HHN and go every year.
    CoasterEricHP
    Black Diamond Level
    Black Diamond Level

Post  CoasterEricHP on Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:43 am

Not to throw the conversation completely off topic here (and this may be worthy of a new topic) but I don't understand at all why Hershey built Fahrenheit.

The footprint was pretty small but they COULD have built something that offered something unique that no other coaster in Hershey offers. We already had inversions, an Intamin sitdown, a vertical drop, etc.

For the $12,000,000 price tag they could have splurged a little more and spent $3 million more on a MegaLite, Dive Machine, or even some kind of extended "family coaster" like Thirteen.

I know the Dive Machine aspect is similar to Fahrenheit but the height, train type, restraints, and overall layout would make Fahrenheit look like a toy.

Now back to the discussion- Do the GP really care about the whole RIT thing? Aside from the few articles in the paper and a few stories on the local news does it stick in the minds of people? I think the best form of advertising is vertical construction, teasers in the park, and opening day news stories. The GP doesn't care about manufacturer or what coaster enthusiasts think. I bet only 5% of people who visit theme parks know B&M, GCI, or Intamin.

After the coaster opens and if it's amazing the best form of advertising is free for Hershey- people going home and talking to their friends about, posting pictures and illegal POVs on Facebook, and things like that.
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:44 am

The GP is interested in the ride. They want to know what HersheyPark is doing with the new ride. No they don't know anything about manufacturer or different types of coasters. I personally have had 3 different people who know I am into the whole coaster/amusement park thing talk to me about RIT since the article ran in the patriot news. All of them want to know the basic GP things. How tall, how fast, how long and when does it open.

Magnum PA
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  Magnum PA on Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:11 am

CoasterEricHP wrote:
    Now back to the discussion- Do the GP really care about the whole RIT thing? Aside from the few articles in the paper and a few stories on the local news does it stick in the minds of people? I think the best form of advertising is vertical construction, teasers in the park, and opening day news stories. The GP doesn't care about manufacturer or what coaster enthusiasts think. I bet only 5% of people who visit theme parks know B&M, GCI, or Intamin.

Agreed 100%. Eric, it looks like you and I are the only ones who see it that way. It seems that there is a bit of a "Hershey is so smart. They can do no wrong" attitude here. Don't get me wrong - I love Hersheypark. But I certainly realize that they don't (and recently haven't) made the best decisions.

No one I know is talking about this ride, in or out of the coaster community. The Patriot News and WGAL stories came and went. I'm sure there will be a follow up or two between now and the time the ride opens, at least until stories of the ride's opening take over. Either way, the park would be better served putting their advertising dollars and man-hours elsewhere.

CoasterEricHP wrote:After the coaster opens and if it's amazing the best form of advertising is free for Hershey- people going home and talking to their friends about, posting pictures and illegal POVs on Facebook, and things like that.

Again, you're exactly right. Energy, planning, and man-hours should all be focused on designing a heck of a ride experience - not on a marketing campaign that will be forgotten once the ride opens. If Attraction 2012 is great, it will sell itself, people will travel, and it will sell tickets. If the ride is mediocre, the whole thing will be for naught.

If you think about it further. The whole RIT thing pretty much goes away in August anyway, when the ride is announced. The thing I question is, how effective is it? Is it worth the effort? For me it's not. There is no measurable return.

gb980109 wrote: I think Fahrenheit is a better coaster than Storm Runner, by the way.

Oh, I totally agree with you. Fahrenheit is the superior coaster, easily. But for all of the effort HP put into the viral campaign, Fahrenheit just didn't go over well with the coaster community, or the GP for that matter. I think it's the best steel coaster in the park, but out of all the steel coasters I've ridden, it's nowhere near the top.

gb980109 wrote:Hershey's biggest snafoo was with Turbulence, and that wasn't the park's fault. That was the ride manufacturer who violated the contract they agreed to, so the project was cancelled. I'm not sure how you can talk about Hershey having plenty of flops when Knoebel's is having a double flop with Flying Turns in year 6 of jackknifing and Black Diamond's opening being delayed until mid-season.

Turbulence, Lake Compounce, tame steel coasters, Boardwalk... the list of snafus/poor decisions is lengthy. This isn't the forum to get into all of that, though.

Knoebels is in a completely different realm than Hersheypark. They do everything in-house and do not promise open dates for their attractions. They don't sell season passes, so they don't owe anyone anything. They don't create elaborate marketing games for their rides.

Flying Turns is something different - something that hasn't been done in over 50 years. It will open when it opens. With Black Diamond, they are resurrecting and restoring a 50 year old ride. They should be applauded for both efforts.
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan on Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:04 pm

^No one you know is talking about the ride? Really? You are on a fourm talking about the ride with other people on a daily basis. I've had plenty of people talk to me about the new ride. Why not wait until later in the summer to see how much buzz there is about the coaster? That's when you will really be able to tell. Right now marketing is in the very early stages of the campaign. It seems no matter what happens you will look to trash it. I agree marketing dollars and man hours could be spent elsewhere but they put this game together. Weather it was a bad idea or not is yet to be seen.

Your right about Hershey making bad decisions but come on boardwalk is a bad decision? Do you know how much publicity it has brought the park? I have family who come from Delaware every year to stay for at least 2 days when they used to only come for one. Only so one day can be spent at the boardwalk. Just because it doesn't suit you doesn't mean it was a bad decision. You honestly seem to be overly critical of Hershey. Just my opinion, not trying to start an argument.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:57 pm

I agree with you on how word is spreading before this coaster is even built. I've had people approach me after the WGAL segment asking me questions about it and why I was so certain that it may be "so and so". Adding the news media into this only makes it more exciting because it's different avenues that the park can use to take this game to the highest level, something they weren't able to do with Nantimi. All they could do before was just knock out hints to coaster sites, plus the confusion of not even knowing that Hershey and Nantimi were related. That confusion is gone with this game since we have a better idea of what's going on. Them having chosen this site to help contribute in releasing the game made it even better.

As far as the Boardwalk, I also know that it's a success. I may not like where it's located, but it's a success. That's all you heard about in it's opening year. Everyone ranging from television to radio, to word of mouth was talking about it, along with the centennial season. That's all everyone in the area pretty wanted to talk about. While waiting for the gates to open, I've seen plenty of people (and I mean plenty) dressed up specifically to spend at least part of the day out there. Lots of people with duffle bags too. If the race in the morning isn't to Fahrenheit, then nine chances out of ten it's to obtain a locker at the Boardwalk for the day (or part of the day). And again, I'm not the biggest water park fan but just by looking and seeing things, it's definitely a success.
    leapthedips
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  leapthedips on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:06 pm

I have been following the posts for a while now. My thoughts are that Hershey started too early with the viral campaign. I could see the "game" starting this early if this coaster was to surpass something like I305, but we know that this is not the case. I also agree that if the layout that has surfaced is real, there is not too much more that Hershey has up their sleeves to make RIT a real attention grabber. I can just image what the buzz would be seeing the construction taking place and having no word from Hershey about what was going on.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:35 pm

There is absolutely no way that the park made up those blueprints, especially if they were presented at a Derry Township meeting. I'm sure they weren't expecting this to leak.

Magnum PA
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  Magnum PA on Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:18 pm

FlyersFan wrote: ^No one you know is talking about the ride? Really? You are on a fourm talking about the ride with other people on a daily basis. I've had plenty of people talk to me about the new ride. Why not wait until later in the summer to see how much buzz there is about the coaster? That's when you will really be able to tell. Right now marketing is in the very early stages of the campaign.

Early stages - perhaps. But in 3 months, we'll know everything about the ride. I'm sure there will be a ton of buzz at that point, and RIT will be an afterthought.

Aside from this site, there really is no discussion going on. TPR dried up again. The site I frequent hasn't discussed anything Hersheypark in months. None of my contacts in the industry are talking about the ride. And none of my associations are talking about it. The media isn't talking about it. In the grand scheme of the local market, there is actually minimal HP discussion.

People ask you guys because your friends and family know that you are coaster/Hersheypark fans. People ask HPCrazy about it because he they saw him on TV.

FlyersFan wrote:It seems no matter what happens you will look to trash it. I agree marketing dollars and man hours could be spent elsewhere but they put this game together. Weather it was a bad idea or not is yet to be seen.

Your right about Hershey making bad decisions but come on boardwalk is a bad decision? Do you know how much publicity it has brought the park? I have family who come from Delaware every year to stay for at least 2 days when they used to only come for one. Only so one day can be spent at the boardwalk. Just because it doesn't suit you doesn't mean it was a bad decision. You honestly seem to be overly critical of Hershey. Just my opinion, not trying to start an argument.

No, not a Hersheypark hater at all. I love the place, and I'm a life-long fan. But I have my reservations about recent park decisions. And I'm a realist when it comes to their new additions. Lightning Racer was the last addition that thoroughly impressed me. They've come up short with everything since, in my opinion. I hope this ride is different, but again, I already have my reservations.

Boardwalk was a great financial addition for the park, but the location is downright idiotic. It's a giant mess day-in and day-out. They ate up all of the remaining park real estate to build it, and removed a great attraction (Canyon River Rapids) to expand it. The park is hand-cuffed now, and Midway America is ruined.

I guess I'm just a different type of fan than a lot of you. It's cool, though. To each his own.

Go Flyers, by the way. Boston scares me a little.

FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan on Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:01 pm

^ If people are asking us then they are thinking about the ride and what is going on.

I agree the boardwalk is in a bad place but I don't see where else they could have put it. I was a big fan of canyon river rapids and was sad to see it go but I guess change is needed sometimes. I really think someday they will put a walking bridge over HP drive and expand to the other side of the road. There really isn't much more they can do besides destroy the arena and some of that parking lot. Which of course I'm sure they will do at some point. Which makes me a little sad because I played a lot of hockey in that building. Then again I played a lot of hockey in the old outdoor rink and love what they did with it (Reese's extreme cup challenge)

As for your most important point to me Boston does scare me a little bit but I have faith. Go Flyers.
    CoasterEricHP
    Black Diamond Level
    Black Diamond Level

Post  CoasterEricHP on Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:03 pm

The Boardwalk is a double edged sword. It has done AMAZING thing for the attendance and that equals $$$$ so it's hard to complain about it because $$$$ means more rides and future expansions.

My problem with it like most people's is the location! I think it would have looked and did great either as a separate park either on the golf course, where the old pool was near the entrance, or across HP Drive in the old airfield.

I don't know how viable those options were/are but not in Midway America! Sigh.. To me it feels like Hershey thought that MAYBE a waterpark wouldn't be successful in Central PA. It obviously is a HUGE money maker but guess what? Don't expect to ever see the Boardwalk become the Splashin' Safari of Hersheypark and SSafari has done WONDERS for Holiday World (which I hope never becomes a victim of its success like I think HP has over the last 15 years)

So now we have a landlocked park with a hugely successful landlocked waterpark. The only thing I can think of is the gutting of Midway America and most of the rides except for LR (obviously) and the Ferris Wheel being moved to a new expansion area in the future so the Boardwalk would have some breathing room to grow.

I'm not a Hersheypark hater either but I probably am one of it's biggest critics because I LOVED the atmosphere of the park back in the late 90's. It was quaint yet had some thrills. Now it's in danger of becoming an overly corporate feeling concrete jungle. Even 2012 has me really worried about losing more trees and more of the charm. The Comet's lift hill won't have the same great quiet creek view with two banks of treeless dirt.

I agree that RIT started too early and I'm kind of sad that the layout leaked.. I'm not saying the whole thing doesnt generate some interest but the whole thing feels mostly pointless now to me at least.

Ohh and for those of you who think Fahrenheit is better than Storm Runner.. you are crackheads.. but I still love you. What a Face
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Sun May 01, 2011 1:05 am

You guys brought up a bunch of good and important points.

I have been following the posts for a while now. My thoughts are that Hershey started too early with the viral campaign.
    The park was better off waiting until Spring to start teasing us with the game. While they did mention that the game was going to start around this time, it included them releasing a few clues to go with it, which led to over-antisapation with the enthusiast community, IMO. But I think the reason why they started early is because the park may be excited just as much as us coaster enthusiasts are. I predict this because they have posted links to the latest news stories done about this.

There is absolutely no way that the park made up those blueprints, especially if they were presented at a Derry Township meeting. I'm sure they weren't expecting this to leak.
    Do we know if this is going to be the EXACT layout that this coaster will follow?
    No, but from the stakes placed in the park, it seems possible.

Another important thing to add is this. When a park plans on adding a new attraction, they create several different options. The attraction option that they choose fits the best economic, popularity, and environmental situation that the park can afford at the given time. The park also confronts more than one manufacturer and sees what they can offer.
    I have two theories.
    1. The layout pictured is one of the options that talked about above front a different manufacturer.

2. The park wasn't expecting that someone would show up to meeting with a camera and take a picture of the layout. And once they discovered it on the internet, they put out a press release as an attempt to make the reader think that RIT isn't involved, but they are.

Aside from this site, there really is no discussion going on. TPR dried up again. The site I frequent hasn't discussed anything Hersheypark in months. None of my contacts in the industry are talking about the ride. And none of my associations are talking about it. The media isn't talking about it. In the grand scheme of the local market, there is actually minimal HP discussion.
    Whenever I post something reguarding an update over there in the thread over at TPR, it usually ends up getting one or two comments, then nothing unless a new study is released. Come Monday, there will probably be 2 or 3 more pages added to the thread and then by Wednesday it will be silent for another week. Kind of sounds like the length that the park planned on having the game continue at is the main downside of it (kind of same major downfall with the Nantimi one with many people vigurously debating if the site was made by the park or not).

I guess I'm just a different type of fan than a lot of you. It's cool, though. To each his own.
    This is a perfect time to present my feeling about the park:
    It is absolutely not the best park out there. I really don't consider myself a Hersheypark fan or enthusiast, but more of theme park enthusiast in general because I follow any park out there from Fuji-Q's new eurofighter, to the New Texas Giant, to the new floorless coaster at Ocean Park, etc. But the reason why we have a lot of updates and news from the park is because we are very close to it distance-wise. I consider it to be similar to TPR and their proximity to Magic Mountain.
    As for Hersheypark, my opinion is that the Boardwalk was extremely placed poorly and would've been better at a different location. On the brightside however, is that it rakes in the cash and that's the main goal for a theme park. While something may not seem right to do to charge outragous admission prices, parking, etc. it brings in the cash. It's a business. Bottom line.
    I consider the park to be my home park, but is it the best park in the world and consider my self a fanboy? Not at all. Great Adventure (for the coasters) and Kennywood (for overall) are better parks IMO.

So now we have a landlocked park with a hugely successful landlocked waterpark. The only thing I can think of is the gutting of Midway America and most of the rides except for LR (obviously) and the Ferris Wheel being moved to a new expansion area in the future so the Boardwalk would have some breathing room to grow
    This area was killed when the Boardwalk moved in. A few of the rides such as Frog Hopper and Chaos were moved or removed, You now have sand dunes sitting across from Wildcat, and the Fun Slides, Wild Mouse has lost it's country fair feel to it, there's a Ferris Wheel overlooking the waterpark and Lightning Racer runs along it. While the band music played in this area is nice, it is the only thing left letting you know that this area used to have a 1920's theme to it.

I'm not a Hersheypark hater either but I probably am one of it's biggest critics because I LOVED the atmosphere of the park back in the late 90's. It was quaint yet had some thrills. Now it's in danger of becoming an overly corporate feeling concrete jungle. Even 2012 has me really worried about losing more trees and more of the charm. The Comet's lift hill won't have the same great quiet creek view with two banks of treeless dirt.
    Agreed, the park has a completely different feel than what it had back in the 1990's when I went there growing up. I do kind of miss it sometimes, but things change.

When you think about it, the area that they are building in is really currently the last big patch of undeveloped land that the park has to work with (unless they expand). Putting it this way, it kind of makes you hope that they don't strike out on this one and make all this hype really worth it.

As for if the GP really care about this marketing game, I think they care more about the park adding a coaster than some confusing game that even confuses us some of the time. I've really had only one or two friends come up to me asking about it.
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Sun May 01, 2011 1:16 am

This whole concept of Hersheypark being "landlocked" has been true since the Midway America expansion was announced in 1995. As for the "concrete jungle atmosphere," Great Bear was the first ride to get that kicked off, I suppose. But, building the Boardwalk in the old golf course or on the old airstrip isn't as simple process. Also, the old pool/golf course is not an ideal place for a water park to go. Just look at how hilly it is. Much better for roller coasters, I think.

When did the RIT game start? Last October when the only thing they did was say "See you in the spring!"? Wasn't it until the RIT game cropped up last October that most people chatting in here thought the coaster was going to be for 2011, not 2012?

I think the game really started a couple weeks ago, and I think they knew the fact that the layout would be able to be seen by the general public.

Magnum PA wrote:Again, you're exactly right. Energy, planning, and man-hours should all be focused on designing a heck of a ride experience - not on a marketing campaign that will be forgotten once the ride opens. If Attraction 2012 is great, it will sell itself, people will travel, and it will sell tickets. If the ride is mediocre, the whole thing will be for naught.

If you think about it further. The whole RIT thing pretty much goes away in August anyway, when the ride is announced. The thing I question is, how effective is it? Is it worth the effort? For me it's not. There is no measurable return.
    The ride being mediocre is dependent on the ride manufacturer. Intamin makes largely mediocre coasters; maybe this one will be good.

It does not take a significant amount of energy or man hours to make the RIT game. It doesn't take long to make a couple of PDFs and a couple of web pages. The RIT game is all about promoting something is possibly coming soon. It will be irrelevant the second the coaster is announced, just like the Nantimi game was. But that's how an advertising cycle works and it's a basic aspect of marketing.
    The Storm Runner
    Contributor
    Contributor

Post  The Storm Runner on Sun May 01, 2011 12:22 pm

gb980109 wrote:The ride being mediocre is dependent on the ride manufacturer. Intamin makes largely mediocre coasters; maybe this one will be good.

I have to disagree with you here. When a park decides they want a new coaster, they approach several manufacturers to come up with designs. The park chooses the best one. If Company A designs a mediocre ride, the park would not go with it. If all of the designs were mediocre, then maybe the park needs to rethink the location or something. That, or the park needs to alter its budget to accommodate a better ride. The only way a ride's mediocrity could stem from the manufacturer would be the roughness of the ride. That isn't a problem nowadays; parks know what kinds of rides are rough and which are not. Basically, if a ride is mediocre, you can blame the park for picking it.

Intamin is one of the premier manufacturers in the world. They create some of the fastest, tallest coasters. I don't see how their rides could be considered mediocre. Intamin built six of the top ten steel coasters on the 2009 Mitch Hawker steel coaster poll. I'm sure you could find even more Intamin-heavy results on the Golden Tickets. Personally, I don't consider Intamin to be my favorite manufacturer, but I don't see how anyone could consider them mediocre.
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Sun May 01, 2011 5:28 pm

The Storm Runner wrote:
    gb980109 wrote:The ride being mediocre is dependent on the ride manufacturer. Intamin makes largely mediocre coasters; maybe this one will be good.

I have to disagree with you here. When a park decides they want a new coaster, they approach several manufacturers to come up with designs. The park chooses the best one. If Company A designs a mediocre ride, the park would not go with it. If all of the designs were mediocre, then maybe the park needs to rethink the location or something. That, or the park needs to alter its budget to accommodate a better ride. The only way a ride's mediocrity could stem from the manufacturer would be the roughness of the ride. That isn't a problem nowadays; parks know what kinds of rides are rough and which are not. Basically, if a ride is mediocre, you can blame the park for picking it.

Intamin is one of the premier manufacturers in the world. They create some of the fastest, tallest coasters. I don't see how their rides could be considered mediocre. Intamin built six of the top ten steel coasters on the 2009 Mitch Hawker steel coaster poll. I'm sure you could find even more Intamin-heavy results on the Golden Tickets. Personally, I don't consider Intamin to be my favorite manufacturer, but I don't see how anyone could consider them mediocre.
    I was joking about Intamin coasters being mediocre - I don't really think they are, they're just not as good as B&M. If you really want to talk mediocre, hello Vekoma and Arrow! (Although Vekoma did a good job with the new train design for the boomerang coasters.) That said, I'm just not a big fan of the Intamin product and from time to time, I make that rather clear! :-)

It's fair to blame the park for a mediocre product, for sure, because they green light the project. But, the statement that, if Attraction 2012 is mediocre, than all of this prelude advertising is for nothing, is completely wrong. You can't fault the park for promoting a new major addition to the park. They logically feel the new addition is the best thing they've put in the park, because otherwise, they'd be doing a different thing. To that point it's dependent on the manufacturer to make that reality.

Regardless, I think it's silly to call Storm Runner, Fahrenheit and Great Bear mediocre rides, because they're far from it.
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW on Mon May 02, 2011 1:44 pm

New Website Update:

http://www.rideinstitute.com/pdf/researchStudy050211.pdf

Bottom of the first page is the following hidden text:

Arranging by the numbers yields:

OCPQRSHGNLBJKIATUEFMZWVYXD

We already have:

Clay-3162-2037

This translates to Clay-QCHP-POQG

Last edited by CoasterBGW on Mon May 02, 2011 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

HPfangirl4life
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  HPfangirl4life on Mon May 02, 2011 2:12 pm

Last week, I was able to pick out some pertinent information. This week...I got nothing. Hope others can make heads or tails for this gravitational study so we have something to discuss until next week. Good Luck!
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Mon May 02, 2011 3:05 pm

What are we supposed to be looking for in those numbers? I don't get it... Rolling Eyes
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW on Mon May 02, 2011 3:05 pm

Not sure, I am just spouting ideas :-p

It is likely a key for some numbers.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Mon May 02, 2011 3:08 pm

I took notice that those numbers are backwards on the pdf file. Not sure what that means. We have a week to figure it out.

EDIT:

^Made a few mistakes on the list, The new list above is updated. The image list should be disregarded.

Notice the lack of 26 but the presence of zero.

EDIT: Easier to read list:
    A 14
    B 10
    C 1
    D 25
    E 17
    F 18
    G 7
    H 6
    I 13
    J 11
    K 12
    L 9
    M 19
    N 8
    O 0
    P 2
    Q 3
    R 4
    S 5
    T 15
    U 16
    V 22
    W 21
    Y 23
    Z 20

Here's my attempt. Single numbers only: "#### QCHP POQG" Now with all: "#### QUVOQG"

I think we need the last 4 digits to finish the code.

I don't know if this would help any.

Fruitegable
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  Fruitegable on Mon May 02, 2011 3:58 pm

A while back they had an article about how there was a construction contract for a ride in Colorado. The date was, and I'm just guessing here, 8/3/10, which would make perfect sense seeing as the other 2 4-digit codes equally 12.

This would make our code 8310 3162 2037

Which translates to NQCO QCHP POQG... Am I right?

Oh, and hi.
    pushingbuttons
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  pushingbuttons on Mon May 02, 2011 5:16 pm

The pdf mentions a study that started in 1996. Wild Cat was opened in 1996. Can't find a connection that works with it though. CAT in the coding would be 11415 which equals 12 but doesn't come up with anything in the search box

Fruitegable wrote:Which translates to NQCO QCHP POQG... Am I right?

That also yields nothing when searched
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Mon May 02, 2011 5:31 pm

I took notice to that as well but didn't mention it because I also couldn't find anything related to Wildcat's opening that would put it with the game.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Mon May 02, 2011 6:51 pm

I haven't payed much attention to the game today, but I did go for a walk and get some more photos for a new Attraction 2012 Update.
    http://keystonethrills.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/hersheypark-attraction-2012-update-21-by-ccron10/

It looks like rebar is arriving and the hillside is being dug away.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Mon May 02, 2011 6:54 pm

Looks good. Maybe with the arrival of the rebar, they may start pouring footers and retaining walls pretty soon. Can't wait to see what things will look like in a week. I may try to do a quick update when I'm there on opening day, depending on when I get there.
    pushingbuttons
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  pushingbuttons on Mon May 02, 2011 10:48 pm

I was just looking through the members' bios to see if I could find any clues for this pdf. I couldn't find anything related to the pdf but I did find something else that I'm not sure if any body else has noticed. The picture for Jan Van Der Velde is the same as Bob DeFiore just darker and mirrored. Any relation there?

PiperArcher
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  PiperArcher on Mon May 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Hello there. I've been watching this topic almost since it started. I can't wait to see what Hershey is going to do with the game and coaster. Smile

I was looking at the new PDF study at the RIT site and I discovered something interesting. If you try to highlight the big white empty space on the first page, you get the flashing bar for typing. I highlighted almost the whole thing and copied it into google. Here is what I got. 4 17 14 1 6 / 0 16 15 / 15 0 / 19 17 , / 13 / 21 13 9 9 / 6 14 22 17 / 13 8 18 0 4 19 14 15 13 0 8 / 15 0 / 5 6 14 4 17 / 5 6 0 4 15 9 23. // 25 4. / 19. / 1 0 16 2 0 8 17

When used with the "decoder", it says this "Reach out to me, I will have information to share shortly. Dr. M. Coupone"

I googled Dr. M. Coupone and didn't find anything. I can't make anything of it. Hmmmm... scratch
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:53 am

Good find Piper, if you didn't see that we probably wouldn't have thought to check the large gap on the first page.
    REACH/OUT/TO/ME,/
    I/WILL/HAVE/INFORMATION/TO/SHARE/SHORTLY./
    DR./M./COUPONE
    Looks like we have a new character being introduced.
    intaminfan08
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  intaminfan08 on Tue May 03, 2011 4:48 pm

Dang you guys are really good about finding this stuff, no matter how much I look into it you guys are always beating me to the punch. Good to see new members joining in on the fun! I really can't see them pouring footers this early but who knows? Interesting to see markers outside the current fence as someone said before possibly the perimeter of the park will be slightly expanded. Cant wait for more info!! edit- sooperdooperlooper poster now! :p
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Tue May 03, 2011 6:00 pm

It will be interesting to see what Dr. Coupone has to say. Looks like a new character being introducing into the game.
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Wed May 04, 2011 12:42 am

intaminfan08 wrote:Dang you guys are really good about finding this stuff, no matter how much I look into it you guys are always beating me to the punch. Good to see new members joining in on the fun! I really can't see them pouring footers this early but who knows? Interesting to see markers outside the current fence as someone said before possibly the perimeter of the park will be slightly expanded. Cant wait for more info!! edit- sooperdooperlooper poster now! :p

Technically the park perimeter isn't being expanded, because the old Electric Train ride used to run where the walking path along the creek is. They just built the fence on the other side of the walkway so there could be a walkway for Park Boulevard. I guess that's going away now though. Not too surprised, but I'm sure they'll be putting in another walkway to replace what they're removing.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed May 04, 2011 8:56 am

I think you have your paths mixed up. You're probably referring to the one down along the creek. I think there is a path down at the bottom of the hillside that looks like where a track bed once stood. I don't think the train ever ran right along Park Blvd. The current walking path was always there probably before the fence was even put up.
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Wed May 04, 2011 9:07 am

HPCrazy wrote:I think you have your paths mixed up. You're probably referring to the one down along the creek. I think there is a path down at the bottom of the hillside that looks like where a track bed once stood. I don't think the train ever ran right along Park Blvd. The current walking path was always there probably before the fence was even put up.

In the documentary, you can see the train is next to Park Boulevard, on top of the hill.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed May 04, 2011 10:03 am

Where on the documentary, because I don't remember seeing that footage anywhere at all. Maybe you are referring to where the old pool was. They had footage showing the old bathhouse behind the train and it ran along the road, as well as the ball room I think.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Wed May 04, 2011 11:31 am

HPCrazy wrote:Where on the documentary, because I don't remember seeing that footage anywhere at all. Maybe you are referring to where the old pool was. They had footage showing the old bathhouse behind the train and it ran along the road, as well as the ball room I think.
    Trust me, it ran along that path along Park Blvd. I know this because it ran from the bridge, up the hill there to downtown. You're thinking about the other side of the creek where it ran down to Comet Hollow.
    pushingbuttons
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  pushingbuttons on Thu May 05, 2011 8:14 pm

Took a trip down to the creek the other day

Marker 23 is located on top of a manhole.

Down at the far end of the picture is where marker 24 is located, by the temporary fencing.

Marker 25 located on the path about half way down from creekside to comet.

Marker 26 located almost at comet.

Marker 27 located just before 26, on the current fence line.

Those giant holes turned into giant footers. The flags say on them "Lines for batter," not really sure what that means. (57L and 58L respectively)

They also started to put markers in the creek. I tried to get a picture of them but you can't really see them too well.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Thu May 05, 2011 8:40 pm

Good update. When I went by I didn't really see anything different from Monday, but I guess I was wrong.
    They also started to put markers in the creek. I tried to get a picture of them but you can't really see them too well.
    If so, then we may finally confirm if the posted layout is the 100% real one or fake.
    pushingbuttons
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  pushingbuttons on Thu May 05, 2011 9:01 pm

Ccron10 wrote:Good update. When I went by I didn't really see anything different from Monday, but I guess I was wrong.
    If so, then we may finally confirm if the posted layout is the 100% real one or fake.

Actually with the new numbers outside the park fence I see this ride differently than the layout that was "leaked."

This is how I now see the ride looking. I know my drawing looks bad, I just made it real quick and took a picture of it.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Thu May 05, 2011 9:54 pm

I'm thinking those triangular markers have nothing to do with the support of footer layout for the coaster. The reason why I say this is because of marker 23. If it was for a footer, they would certainly not build it over a manhole cover. I think that is a re-routing of the sewer system now that I look at it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:02 pm