[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

chris921
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Re: Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

Post  chris921 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:22 am

Hey man, I could use the ticket. I am going later next week....(live in Fort Laud) but from PA. Visiting Hersheypark - could I seriously have it? Email me. chris921@live.com
    ahecht
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  ahecht on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:22 am

I got a shirt and magnet, not a ticket. My UPS package didn't have a name on the return address, just "Hershey Entertainment and Resorts."
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:29 am

ahecht wrote:I got a shirt and magnet, not a ticket. My UPS package didn't have a name on the return address, just "Hershey Entertainment and Resorts."

Same with me, except I got a ticket, since I only live 15-20mins away. But I have a season pass tho.

sanremored
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  sanremored on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:21 am

chris921 wrote:Hey man, I could use the ticket. I am going later next week....(live in Fort Laud) but from PA. Visiting Hersheypark - could I seriously have it? Email me. chris921@live.com

If I cannot make it. Looking at plane tix now and seeing what time I can get off. I will let ya know.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:26 am

ahecht wrote:I got a shirt and magnet, not a ticket. My UPS package didn't have a name on the return address, just "Hershey Entertainment and Resorts."
    That sounds exactly how mine was delivered, along with the t-shirt and magnet.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer on Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:49 pm

32 DAYS Until the announcement!

Here is a countdown I created. It includes hours, mins, and seconds, but, that just untill 12am/midnight on August 2nd.

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?msg=&month=08&day=2&year=2011&hour=&min=&sec=&p0=97

QueerRudie
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  QueerRudie on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:36 am

First post here (TPR Moderator)

I got the shirt as well- but I think we might be missing a few things here:

1.) I got a message about the 28 dashes across the bottom of the first study- perhaps we're missing something there?

2.) My package arrived- no ticket, but then again, I'm in Arizona (Despite being 'airworthy' of some distance travel...

3.) My shirt was a M, not an XL. Perhaps I should lose weight to fit into the restraints???

Did the 12th piece of the puzzle ever show up here? I'd like to see as much of the finished puzzle as possible!

R.D.
    (QueerRudie@Themeparkreview.com)
    thom25
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  thom25 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:58 am

[quote="QueerRudie"]First post here (TPR Moderator)

1.) I got a message about the 28 dashes across the bottom of the first study- perhaps we're missing something there?

What message did you get?
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:12 am

QueerRudie wrote:1.) I got a message about the 28 dashes across the bottom of the first study- perhaps we're missing something there?
    Who was the message from?
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:44 am

QueerRudie wrote:First post here (TPR Moderator)

2.) My package arrived- no ticket, but then again, I'm in Arizona (Despite being 'airworthy' of some distance travel...

3.) My shirt was a M, not an XL. Perhaps I should lose weight to fit into the restraints???

Did the 12th piece of the puzzle ever show up here? I'd like to see as much of the finished puzzle as possible!

R.D.
    (QueerRudie@Themeparkreview.com)
    Welcome to the site Rudie.
    So far we seem to have 11 of the 12 pieces according to the facebook group:

The 28 dashes might be interesting and something to look into.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:09 pm

And we still can't figure out who has the twelfth piece. That's been a topic of discussion amongst Walter at the FB group and I. Has everyone at TPR who received a puzzle piece claimed theirs? Is there another coaster site on the net where someone may have received a piece that we don't know about? Or did Hershey plan it out this way.

Walter also said they keep directing us back to the Study page....even the LaMarcus Bros are doing that. So we must be missing something for sure.

QueerRudie
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  QueerRudie on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:03 pm

Thanks for the updated info- and the 'somewhat' complete RIT fourth study.

I think (From Walter White here, paraphrasing) there's a missing message we've not yet uncovered- other than a few bits and pieces- he's raised some very valid points to me over the past few weeks.

Let's revisit Nantimi for a second here: I know, I know- you're thinking "we already have DONE that" but there were codes there that were buried along the way that were quite well hidden. I'm beginning to think that we're missing the 12th piece which would open up another sub-clue, as if you think about it, there has been one clue unlocked with each of the previous puzzles/PDF entries.

After re-reading the 4th study: I'm thinking there's another site to unscramble from there; just a hunch, but it would make sense. Also: We've had some nifty surprises out there from unscrambling/decoding (The tixmap for example) within the clues themselves- beyond just what's on the surface.

Beyond that, I'm stymied. The 28 dashes I think are a portal clue, as were the orginal letter (From nearly 9 months ago) and from other portal clues- these things are that deeply thought of. (A portal Clue: one that opens up another puzzle piece, etc.).

R.D.

warfelg
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  warfelg on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Has anyone else noticed in the third study that letters have popped up in the circles of the picture at the bottom?

I don't know if those have been there for a long time or not but the letters are :
    dotocwreivdnite

and there was a hyphen in there

warfelg
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  warfelg on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:17 pm

I don't know how I did it but I found our missing puzzle piece over at:
    http://parkimpressions.blogspot.com/2011/05/our-response-from-rit.html
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:26 pm

QueerRudie
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  QueerRudie on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:45 pm

That's wonderful- It's good to have it complete: Now here's a thought: Perhaps we should look at the capitalized letters- that is: There might be a third website address in the letters...

I'm thinking if we eliminate all the repeated letters in the last puzzle- and then decode from there, it's a clue.

Just a guess- but I'll be looking at that this afternoon.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Are you referring to the codes "RITMD" and "RC12"?

All I know is that the RIT in RITMD stands for "Ride Institute of Technology". Not sure what the MD is unless it has to do with the Doctor characters in some way. The RC12 probably stands for "Roller Coaster 2012" in which we've already knew that this was going to be a roller coaster ever since the game pretty much started. Any more ideas?

QueerRudie
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  QueerRudie on Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:28 pm

Actually: The thought is this; Much like in the Tixmap puzzle- if we eliminate all the repeated caps (RIT, which appears several times over) and go from there, we might find another clue- or even another gift along the way-
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:45 pm

If we're trying to get more clues...why the studies? They gave us the interview that was redacted all over the place. I'd be inclined to investigate that much more than the studies which have already led us down other roads. For example - the last study led us to LaMarcus Bros, which led to their website (by virtue of a Google search). That led to the animated gif, with the 2vBM code which in turn led to the PDF with the footer, which led to the tixmap image which led to tickets.

So perhaps we should revisit the interview PDF and see if there's anything there beyond the image on the bottom of the last page.

gci2011
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  gci2011 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Sorry for not posting that last piece sooner - I had meant to, but got busy with other things. Glad you were able to find my site...!

penny for your thoughts

Post  Guest on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:43 pm

I see the interview as a way of finding all the pieces. they monitor the sites and saw we didnt complete the puzzle.
    By posting real names it led me to tpr and the facebook page to match real names to screen names.

The answers arent hidden as much as re direction or mis direction.
    Each study gives a puzzle within the puzzle as stated before.
    YOu use the seach engine on the site just like the username and password before.
    Past performance predicts furture behaviors.

Also if you look at the arctic refrence it is defined by the greek term of near the great bear.

so there is something in that study.
    I also believe in the 3rd study you need to not look at the letters in the circle but the circles themselfs and the geometric pattern they form.
    And just in case we did find something at the bottom of that interview:
    a rollercoaster wheel

Walt
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:26 pm

Each survey has given us clues that have led to something, no? The first one gave us CLAY, the second, the "Reach out to me" message, the third "Interview_Doctor" (that led to the Press Resources page, didn't it?), the last study, LaMarcus Bros, which ultimately led to the park tickets along side the creek.

Wizzard33 wrote:I also believe in the 3rd study you need to not look at the letters in the circle but the circles themselfs and the geometric pattern they form.
    It doesn't form any particular pattern. I already posted about that in the previous Attraction 2012 thread.

QueerRudie wrote:Actually: The thought is this; Much like in the Tixmap puzzle- if we eliminate all the repeated caps (RIT, which appears several times over) and go from there, we might find another clue- or even another gift along the way-
    I don't see that at all. The Tixmap puzzle was just a circular arrangement of letters.

There is still one question left mostly unanswered - what is the white dwarf particle and what does that really have to do with anything?

Last edited by gb980109 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ahecht
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  ahecht on Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:41 pm

gb980109 wrote:There is still one question left mostly unanswered - what is the white dwarf particle and what does that really have to do with anything?

When the new coaster is built, it will dwarf the Comet coaster below it (which is white).
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:19 pm

ahecht wrote:
    gb980109 wrote:There is still one question left mostly unanswered - what is the white dwarf particle and what does that really have to do with anything?

When the new coaster is built, it will dwarf the Comet coaster below it (which is white).
    I don't really think that's the answer. I say that because the particle is factored into fourth study. That, to me, is the only thing from the studies not really explored.

PiperArcher
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  PiperArcher on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:49 am

I did a google search on white dwarf particles. Here is the Wikipedia link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_dwarf And here is the first thing that came up in the google search. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degenerate_matter
    ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

Post  ChiefRedskin89 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:12 pm

So after going to HersheyPark two days ago not a ton has changed. There are footers everywhere and that massive 15ft one still doesn't make scence to me unless water will be that far around it. You would think they would just make the support longer not the footer taller.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer on Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:22 pm

30 Days!

QueerRudie
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  QueerRudie on Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:31 pm

gb980109 wrote:Each survey has given us clues that have led to something, no? The first one gave us CLAY, the second, the "Reach out to me" message, the third "Interview_Doctor" (that led to the Press Resources page, didn't it?), the last study, LaMarcus Bros, which ultimately led to the park tickets along side the creek.

Wizzard33 wrote:I also believe in the 3rd study you need to not look at the letters in the circle but the circles themselfs and the geometric pattern they form.
    It doesn't form any particular pattern. I already posted about that in the previous Attraction 2012 thread.

QueerRudie wrote:Actually: The thought is this; Much like in the Tixmap puzzle- if we eliminate all the repeated caps (RIT, which appears several times over) and go from there, we might find another clue- or even another gift along the way-
    I don't see that at all. The Tixmap puzzle was just a circular arrangement of letters.

There is still one question left mostly unanswered - what is the white dwarf particle and what does that really have to do with anything?

Discount nothing: This is a viral campaign- and remember Nantimi- which was all about the anagrams.

As far as the puzzle in #3: The code was already broken- as an anagram. In the very first puzzle (The letter from Dr. Andersson)- the puzzle was an anagram. So to say there isn't a puzzle left in them is a mistake, I think. I'm practically certain we're missing a piece of the puzzle- and probably the clue that crack something BIG open.

As far as the 30 days till the announcement- Unless Hershey says the date: it's not going to be the first of the month. Chances are, it will be announced just prior to the end of the daily season- to generate buzz in the park for season pass sales for 2012.

BTW: I need some help: I'm flying into HP next may for the opening of this thing. How's the transportaiton from MDT to Hershey by bus/transport? I've never flown into Harrisburg before- so it's a mystery to me.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer on Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:33 pm

QueerRudie wrote:
    gb980109 wrote:Each survey has given us clues that have led to something, no? The first one gave us CLAY, the second, the "Reach out to me" message, the third "Interview_Doctor" (that led to the Press Resources page, didn't it?), the last study, LaMarcus Bros, which ultimately led to the park tickets along side the creek.

Discount nothing: This is a viral campaign- and remember Nantimi- which was all about the anagrams.

As far as the puzzle in #3: The code was already broken- as an anagram. In the very first puzzle (The letter from Dr. Andersson)- the puzzle was an anagram. So to say there isn't a puzzle left in them is a mistake, I think. I'm practically certain we're missing a piece of the puzzle- and probably the clue that crack something BIG open.

As far as the 30 days till the announcement- Unless Hershey says the date: it's not going to be the first of the month. Chances are, it will be announced just prior to the end of the daily season- to generate buzz in the park for season pass sales for 2012.

BTW: I need some help: I'm flying into HP next may for the opening of this thing. How's the transportaiton from MDT to Hershey by bus/transport? I've never flown into Harrisburg before- so it's a mystery to me.

--------

Hershey DID conform the August 2nd announcement date.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:55 pm

Chris and I were given that date back in March. Unless the park decides to change the announcement date, I think it's safe to say that date is safe.

QueerRudie
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  QueerRudie on Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:00 pm

OK- My mistake. I apologize.

I'd not seen that date (Or if I had, I'd have placed it in the back of my mind)

I stand corrected.
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:53 pm

QueerRudie wrote:Discount nothing: This is a viral campaign- and remember Nantimi- which was all about the anagrams.

Well, what's BIG that we don't know about the ride? The name and that's about it.

QueerRudie
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  QueerRudie on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:09 pm

gb980109 wrote:
    QueerRudie wrote:Discount nothing: This is a viral campaign- and remember Nantimi- which was all about the anagrams.

Well, what's BIG that we don't know about the ride? The name and that's about it.

Bitter and Jaded, Party of one- your table is now available...

In all reality, we still don't have a train configuration, an actual profile, nor do we know it's exacting specs- which, although hinted to, are far from confirmed yet.

I'd prefer to think that some people aren't as blase over something as exciting as this- I for one, am playing ths game at a distance- as in: Across the freakin' country. For me, it's not that we have a layout, etc. It's what the game is: Fun- and that's something HP did NOT have to provide anyone. It's their way of making the drawn out wait for announcement fun.

gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:54 am

QueerRudie wrote:Bitter and Jaded, Party of one- your table is now available...

In all reality, we still don't have a train configuration, an actual profile, nor do we know it's exacting specs- which, although hinted to, are far from confirmed yet.
    I looked over the fourth study for a potential anagram and came up with nothing. Perhaps there is something there and I just didn't see it. But, as it stands, all four studies had an anagram, except for the fourth study which had two (the "reach out to me" which was repeated from the second study). Since then, we got new information via the redacted interview transcript, of which there hasn't been an anagram found. Perhaps there is an anagram in that transcript.

I'm only saying that we should be looking at something more recent - the transcript. I also simply asked what don't we know as of yet - which are the two things you mentioned - the train configuration and the profile/name/theme. I would imagine if there was another clue to be found, it would be related to one of those two things. Clearly, the coaster wheels at the bottom of the last page of the transcript is part of the train, so perhaps there's something with that else where in the transcript we haven't noticed yet.

Regardless, I enjoy playing the game quite a bit, so I don't see how I'm either bitter or jaded. I've also argued very good reasons why they should be doing this viral marketing (the first one being it creates greater publicity for the park with relatively little cost), so I'm quite the fan of this viral game.

go back in the studies

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:33 am

OK,

I started to go back thru the studies again from the beginning to look for stuff we might have missed.
    I found something.
    Don't yell if this was spotted before. I checked up till the mini pile game to make sure.

The 2nd study with the earth on it.
    It has 2 lines going around the earth.
    1 is yellow
    1 is blue

And the blue matches the support blue at that.
    We are really missing stuff in the studies if no one picked up on that one.
    BUt, if we didnt then there is more to find too.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:01 am

29 DAYS! Very Happy
    technocolor
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  technocolor on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:28 am

People on facebook have been thinking of this being a wingrider with a launched lift hill like maverick. The "24 minutes" can be the number of passengers and the chart could be used to figure out the capacity of the ride x being number of trains and y being the capacity
    ChiefRedskin89

Post  ChiefRedskin89 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:58 am

As a wing-rider would be cool a 212' one just isn't plausable. The only one now is Furious Baco and that only comes about 25' off the ground at the highest point.
    thom25
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  thom25 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:13 pm

I think because a 200 foot Intamin wing rider doesn't currently exist makes it even more probable, given Hershey's history with Intamin. In fact if you think about the clues and "air excavation" a wing rider fits the "theme" more than the traditional hyper seating. I also think from a marketing point of view and the significant competition the park has, a wing rider would give them a significant "bang for the buck."

Dollywood's B&M is going to be significant and possibly taller than Raptor or Thorpe's 2012 coaster, which are all over 100 feet.

We'll all know in a month. I've never been disappointed with any Intamin and continue to think either way it will be EPIC.

underslayer
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  underslayer on Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Lamarcus brothers have updated their site with a login of some sort
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:12 pm

underslayer wrote:Lamarcus brothers have updated their site with a login of some sort
    Very interesting! It's a search box that takes you to an "access denied" page as it's search result. It starts with a default word "Secur-i-com" in the box.

Last edited by gb980109 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:16 pm

The LaMarcus Brothers secur-i-com. I'm wondering why there is no E in secur? Very exciting! Very Happy

Last edited by Belo777 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add description of picture that I posted.)
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:23 pm

What happens when you type the wrong thing in on the new LMB login box.. lol... Razz

Last edited by Belo777 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add description of picture that I posted.)
    Coast
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Coast on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:42 pm

The password is goldenRod85!

Enter, that and it unlocks a spreadsheet. At the bottom is a phone number, leading to the voicemail of Fred O'Connell, head of O'Connell Plumbing! He has voicemails from Rocky LaMarcus and AFW!

Coastin' East has the high-quality voicemail recording! Click here to listen: http://coastineast.com/uploads/hershey2012/OConnellPlumbingVoicemailBox.mp3

QueerRudie
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  QueerRudie on Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:37 pm

Coast wrote:The password is goldenRod85!

Enter, that and it unlocks a spreadsheet. At the bottom is a phone number, leading to the voicemail of Fred O'Connell, head of O'Connell Plumbing! He has voicemails from Rocky LaMarcus and AFW!

Coastin' East has the high-quality voicemail recording! Click here to listen: http://coastineast.com/uploads/hershey2012/OConnellPlumbingVoicemailBox.mp3

Outstanding- before I even got up, too. Where did you find the phone #- as I'm either not seeing it, or is it one of the numbers in the bottom rows?

Secondly- did anyone else notice all the names are Irish of lineage (The o'connells, the o'malleys, o'brien, O'robertson, etc.?)
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:59 pm

QueerRudie wrote:Outstanding- before I even got up, too. Where did you find the phone #- as I'm either not seeing it, or is it one of the numbers in the bottom rows?
    It's colored gray in cell E64. It's really hard to see. Here's a screen cap:

Last edited by gb980109 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:27 pm

Was this revealed since the 4th study was completed. Seems interesting. O' Connell - related to the GM of HP I guess.
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:34 pm

HPCrazy wrote:Was this revealed since the 4th study was completed. Seems interesting. O' Connell - related to the GM of HP I guess.
    This was revealed this morning. It was added to the LaMarcus Bros site as a search/log-in box and the password was on the back of some of the cards given out at the LaMarcus event a few weeks ago.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:11 pm

My spreadsheet was BRIGHT red. Was anyone else's?
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:05 pm

‎62 cells. And when I highlight cells, text turns yellow and background turns blue, the same shade of blue as the supports. Track color yellow?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:37 pm