[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

A Hersheypark Discussion

HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Re: A Hersheypark Discussion

Post  HPCrazy on Mon May 03, 2010 10:26 pm

I think the monorail seems to be in great shape for its age. I hope to see it last many more years at the park.
    brentott
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  brentott on Mon May 03, 2010 11:01 pm

HPCrazy wrote:I think the monorail seems to be in great shape for its age. I hope to see it last many more years at the park.

I agree, but I think that it needs to be expaned. Either to go back into a building like the old days, or just lengthened in general. Possibly even having various stops, which would be AMAZING.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Mon May 03, 2010 11:12 pm

brentott wrote:
    HPCrazy wrote:I think the monorail seems to be in great shape for its age. I hope to see it last many more years at the park.

I agree, but I think that it needs to be expaned. Either to go back into a building like the old days, or just lengthened in general. Possibly even having various stops, which would be AMAZING.

But the problem is that the company that manufactured the Monorail (which I think is Universal Mobility or something) went out of business many years ago. Because of this, getting new track specially created for a new route would be costly.

I just heard about this news this morning, but I would've doubt it would be true because of how important the ride is to the park.
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Tue May 04, 2010 10:25 am

I dont think that they will remove the Monorail. They figured that it would cost too much to take it down. It would be more money than it would be worth.

tatertot3710
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tatertot3710 on Tue May 04, 2010 7:12 pm

What they need to do is run 2 trains on a regular basis.
    hpinsane
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  hpinsane on Tue May 04, 2010 11:57 pm

The park always runs the max number of trains that they can run. If they don't, it's either a result of weather or some maintenance problem.
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Wed May 05, 2010 11:13 am

Last weekend was the first time in a very long time that I saw both Monorail trains running.

Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Wed May 05, 2010 8:49 pm

I often see both trains running. Around 7PM or so it gets to be 1 train and the line can be down the ramp. Exclamation
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Random Hersheypark Discussion.

Post  Stormwinder on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:17 am

Members can post things about the park that that they may have seen that are worth mentioning, but are not worthy of a seperate topic.

Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:06 pm

Notice anything different about Frontier Flyers?

The birds on the center poll are new.

Contributor

Post  The Storm Runner on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:01 pm

Maintenance has been messing around lately with East Coast's foghorn that plays when the big bucket drops. Instead of that awful, loud, long BEEEEP!!, it actually sounds like a boat foghorn. It took a few days to get it right (a few days last week, it was blaring so loud we couldn't hear each other at Wild Mouse). Be sure to check it out!
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:24 pm

When was that added to the Flyers? I swear I didn't see it when I was there back in June. They were also playing the loud BEEEEPPP on East Coast so according to your post, that must have been a recent change (and a better one at that).
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:34 am

It wasn't there in June. It was added sometime at the end of July.

Contributor

Post  The Storm Runner on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:39 pm

Recent, as in this past week.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:56 pm

I'm surprised they waited until now to put it on. Just don't get it.....
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:09 pm

Yesterday was supposed to be the most crowded day at the park this year. They expected around thirty-five thousand people. This was based on the time of year, previous years attendence, and The Jonas Brothers were in the Stadium. I do not know what the final count was.

Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:48 pm

I found this cool video of the Laser Show that used to be back in Midway in the early 2000's. For having not seeing it before, I'm not sure if this is the opening for the show. None the less, it's pretty good.

woozybear
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  woozybear on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:29 pm

Ccron10 wrote:I found this cool video of the Laser Show that used to be back in Midway in the early 2000's. For having not seeing it before, I'm not sure if this is the opening for the show. None the less, it's pretty good.

Thanks for posting that. It brought back memories of when I used to sit up on top of the fun slide on nights when the park closed at 11 and worked out in Midway. If I remember right, it was used for the beginning of one of the shows. They did have more than one I believe.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:50 am

I only saw the Christmas and Halloween versions of the show. Never saw the summer version either...looks great!
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:48 pm

Strange rumor I stumbled upon while over at RcPro. According to one of the members who works over at the park, Storm Runner could be recieving new trains for 2011 or 2012:
    Okay as you know i work at hersheypark and 10/31 i worked at Storm Runner and it was the last day for the coasters so here is 2 shots from Storm Runner ive been also hearing that Storm Runner maybe getting new trains for 2011 or 2012 im also posting a video link of Storm Runner testing at close to 80 mph because of rollbacks and near stalls that day
    I could see maybe switching over to a shoulder strap restraints like on I-305, but what would the reason be with completely new trains?
    hpinsane

Post  hpinsane on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:12 pm

Ccron10 wrote:Strange rumor I stumbled upon while over at RcPro. According to one of the members who works over at the park, Storm Runner could be recieving new trains for 2011 or 2012:
    Okay as you know i work at hersheypark and 10/31 i worked at Storm Runner and it was the last day for the coasters so here is 2 shots from Storm Runner ive been also hearing that Storm Runner maybe getting new trains for 2011 or 2012 im also posting a video link of Storm Runner testing at close to 80 mph because of rollbacks and near stalls that day
    I could see maybe switching over to a shoulder strap restraints like on I-305, but what would the reason be with completely new trains?
    I've heard talk about new stuff for Storm Runner, but only in the context of getting new bodies for the trains, not a new whole train. As for the 80mph bit, Runner doesn't go 80, even in overspeed. I don't even think it hits 75. So I'd consider the source of this information. Like I said, I've heard some stuff about it, but I won't believe that until I see it.

That said, 2012 seems more likely, if only because with Attraction 2012 coming in, if it actually is Intamin (which I think it is) then it might save on the cost of shipping to throw in two new Storm Runner trains with whatever trains are with the new coaster.
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:25 am

That was the opening for the Laser Show. I have been searching everywhere on You-Tube and could not find any of these videos. I probably have some videos that I did of the show but have not looked through them yet.

Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:17 pm

According to the park's Facebook page, Tudor Grill is getting a complete makeover. Three rooms on the interior - the Carrousel Room, Coaster Room and Character Room will be part of the overhaul. They're having a "naming game" going on over there....my choices were "Hersheypark Grill", "Hersheypark Cafe" and "Parkside Grille". Not sure if a winner will be chosen though but it will be interesting to see what the changes will look like come the new season.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:34 pm

^Moving post to 2011 Discussion Thread since it's more relevent.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:03 pm

According to the Springtime in the Park ride list, Dry Gulch Railroad is now sponsored by Amtrak. Maybe this will mean more upkeep on the animtronics since some of them weren't working in the past several seasons. They had them working for Halloween though.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:16 pm

HPCrazy wrote:According to the Springtime in the Park ride list, Dry Gulch Railroad is now sponsored by Amtrak. Maybe this will mean more upkeep on the animtronics since some of them weren't working in the past several seasons. They had them working for Halloween though.
    I doubt it. Usually when a company sponsors a ride, it's just a way of advertising and getting the name of their group out and not by pouring money on a specific ride. Don't forget that the park built and owns the ride. Amtrak has no ability to refurbish the ride; it's the park's responsibility.
    For example, it's like the Hershey Chocolate Company sponsoring an event held at a Cedar Fair park. They don't own the ride, but the company gives money to Cedar Fair for the right to have their name put into the title and sometimes a few signs added to get their brand across to guests. It's nothing more than a way of advertising.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:30 pm

True, although I was thinking on the lines of how Disney does things. But they do out of the ordinary vs a place like Hershey or Six Flags. Alot of times a corporate sponsor will help in the refurbishment of an attraction altogether there.
    hpinsane

Post  hpinsane on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:59 pm

Ccron10 wrote:I doubt it. Usually when a company sponsors a ride, it's just a way of advertising and getting the name of their group out and not by pouring money on a specific ride. Don't forget that the park built and owns the ride. Amtrak has no ability to refurbish the ride; it's the park's responsibility.
    I think what you say here, especially to the bold, is blatantly obvious. That said, there's no reason why the park couldn't get a sponsorship for the ride and use the money they make in the deal to improve the ride.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:06 am

"Hershy Park" (lol) was featured on an episode of Seth McFarlane's cartoon, American Dad, tonight.
    http://americandad.wikia.com/wiki/Hershy_Park

Might not look like the real thing, but it's still fun to see. The place even has a jingle. Smile
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:50 am

That's so cool! It's nice to see that someone is inspired by the place.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:52 am

HPCrazy wrote:That's so cool! It's nice to see that someone is inspired by the place.
    I don't think it is inspired, but more like casually poking fun at it. But it's not that often that a show outside of a documentary would refrence the park.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:48 pm

Haha, yep...more of poking fun at it. But a good job with that nonetheless. Wink
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:42 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCY6gAq59OQ

Found an 1985 TV commerical on youtube that features Comet, and some other rides.
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:27 am

They should really bring back that ball pit! I really liked the shot of the old kiddie Auto Skooters and Giant Wheel.
    The Storm Runner
    Contributor
    Contributor

Post  The Storm Runner on Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:00 pm

Giant Wheel just looks so massive. I miss that ride. And I love the picture of TMI at the end haha.
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan on Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:12 pm

I used to love that ball pit. As for the giant wheel that thing was great. I used to go up in it when there was a concert in the stadium just to get a good look at all the people. Also it was fun to go up and just spin as fast as possible.
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:48 am

FlyersFan wrote:I used to love that ball pit. As for the giant wheel that thing was great. I used to go up in it when there was a concert in the stadium just to get a good look at all the people. Also it was fun to go up and just spin as fast as possible.
    Where was that ball pit at?
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:40 am

gb980109 wrote:
    FlyersFan wrote:I used to love that ball pit. As for the giant wheel that thing was great. I used to go up in it when there was a concert in the stadium just to get a good look at all the people. Also it was fun to go up and just spin as fast as possible.
    Where was that ball pit at?
    Trailblazer Catering Area. It first started out as a Petting Zoo back in the 1972 (the barn for it is still there). Then in 1981 it was turned into Kidz Stuff (or something along that line of name) which was a kids play area. Then it took on a pirate theme and called Kaptian Kidz Cove in 1986 and remained this way until 1991 when it was turned into the catering area it is today.
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:02 pm

I went over and picked up my season pass today. On the back of the pass it says something about a preferred parking lot not being available when there is something happening in the arena or stadium. My question's are is where is this lot? Also is this a special lot for us season pass holders? I remember there being a season pass lot in the late 80's. Is there still a special lot?
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:34 pm

FlyersFan wrote:I went over and picked up my season pass today. On the back of the pass it says something about a preferred parking lot not being available when there is something happening in the arena or stadium. My question's are is where is this lot? Also is this a special lot for us season pass holders? I remember there being a season pass lot in the late 80's. Is there still a special lot?
    I'm guessing it's the lot that's between the Stadium and Arena. I know that there's a guard booth down near the tram path that's parallel to the edge of the bleachers. I guess that you show your pass at the main ticket booth near the Giant Center, they then tell you to go to this lot, you show your pass again, then you get front-row access.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:07 pm

I know where you're talking. Perhaps when they're aren't concerts going on, they'll direct you there when you show your pass at the parking entrance.
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:49 pm

Thanks for the responses. I wish they made it a bit clearer as to where to go but oh well I will just ask the parking attendant next weekend at STITP. I was thinking it was the lot in between the stadium and arena too. I guess I will see next weekend.

woozybear
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  woozybear on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:54 am

It is indeed the lot between the stadium and arena. When that is full, they extend it out to the lot next to the stadium. Just show your pass to the guard to at the booth and they will let you know if you can go to the lot by the arena or have to use the lot next to the stadium.
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:38 pm

Thanks woozybear it's good info to know ahead of time that way next weekend I know where I am going.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:18 pm

I may check into the preferred parking myself next Sunday when I'm there for the site meet-up. First time using my season pass, can't wait! Smile

HPfangirl4life
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  HPfangirl4life on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:35 pm

This is also the handicap lot. As a word of warning: there is no tram service to this lot. If you are parked between the stadium and arena that is no problem. However depending on where you are parked at Stadium West, it could be a far walk. I used to have people complain all the time when I worked the wheelchair rental booth.
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan on Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:10 pm

I don't mind walking personally. Heck that is partially what I am at the park for but to make handicapped people walk that far is sad, if they are parked out past the stadium. When parked out there they should have a small bus or something to take people in. If they are between the stadium and the arena then so what. To me they are almost as close as the tram would take them anyway.
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

A Hersheypark Discussion

Post  gb980109 on Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Seeing as how the Attraction 2012 page should be about that, I figured some of the talk from over there about the criticisms and defense of the park and it's investments/growth over the years (or what they should do in the future) should be it's own thread.

So here it is - A Hersheypark Discussion!
    PSUPrincess22
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  PSUPrincess22 on Sat May 28, 2011 12:14 am

First topic discussion........ The burning question........

What side of Lightning Racer is the best side?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

GOOOOOOOOOO THUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

Thoughts?
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan on Sat May 28, 2011 2:09 am

I was at the park tonight and I'm not sure if it has been discussed yet but it sure looked to me like the Ferris Wheel had a new led package. If not the lights are much brighter and vivid.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:19 pm