[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Re: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

Post  gb980109 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:56 pm

Park Connoisseur wrote:Soon we can put this whole "game" to rest and talk about the ride.
    There won't be much to talk about once the ride is announced. This whole game is all about the ride.

Clearly, it's been successful. People care about it, to the point of being willing to fight over it. It shows there's a certain passion about it.

It's silly, absolutely. But it's an amusement park in a place also known as Chocolatetown, USA - why wouldn't it be? And let's be honest - it's a ride for an amusement park. There are far more serious things going on in the world. So why shouldn't it be silly?
    Park Connoisseur
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Park Connoisseur on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:04 am

gb980109 wrote:
    Park Connoisseur wrote:Soon we can put this whole "game" to rest and talk about the ride.
    There won't be much to talk about once the ride is announced. This whole game is all about the ride.

Clearly, it's been successful. People care about it, to the point of being willing to fight over it. It shows there's a certain passion about it.

It's silly, absolutely. But it's an amusement park in a place also known as Chocolatetown, USA - why wouldn't it be? And let's be honest - it's a ride for an amusement park. There are far more serious things going on in the world. So why shouldn't it be silly?

I understand that. It's just not for me. And my opinion is that I would rather talk about the ride itself. That's much more interesting. The marketing campaign, all of this time and effort, goes away next Tuesday, whether you enjoyed it or not.

My question is, where does all of this passion for the game come from? Is it the desire to 'break news'? Is it wanting to be right about your guess? Is it to be the first to know? Or is this stuff actually fun for some people? It doesn't seem fun at this point. It looks like it's become a pissing contest for some.
    PSUPrincess22
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  PSUPrincess22 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:07 am

Park Connoisseur wrote:
    gb980109 wrote:

I understand that. It's just not for me. And my opinion is that I would rather talk about the ride itself. That's much more interesting. The marketing campaign, all of this time and effort, goes away next Tuesday, whether you enjoyed it or not.

My question is, where does all of this passion for the game come from? Is it the desire to 'break news'? Is it wanting to be right about your guess? Is it to be the first to know? Or is this stuff actually fun for some people? It doesn't seem fun at this point. It looks like it's become a pissing contest for some.

I like being a detective and trying to figure out the secret messages!! Just finding hidden things makes it addicting for me! =)
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:41 am

Park Connoisseur wrote:My question is, where does all of this passion for the game come from? Is it the desire to 'break news'? Is it wanting to be right about your guess? Is it to be the first to know? Or is this stuff actually fun for some people? It doesn't seem fun at this point. It looks like it's become a pissing contest for some.
    Perhaps it has, but I see it being rather limited. There are plenty of people who have contributed otherwise. With that said, perhaps the answer to your question above is that it's a little bit of column A, column B, column C, column D and thereafter. It may not seem fun to you, but despite the affair of the past day, it seems like other people are still having fun.

It doesn't go away after next Tuesday. The people who have participated have a much, much stronger interest in the ride than the otherwise would have. It also attracted news attention as far away as LA. A standard marketing effort wouldn't do that for several more months, if at all. Also, the game aspect will come to a close next Tuesday, but that doesn't mean that the social media aspects of this will come to a close.

QueerRudie
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  QueerRudie on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:51 am

2012 wrote:
    QueerRudie wrote:
    I wish you wouldn't take out the actions on everyone; some of us had -no chance whatsoever- of getting any of the clues along the way- for any reason. I'm in F'ing ARIZONA for F'ck sake.

Walt took some initiative- as did others- and that's great. What he did with the documents, et al, I'm not going to stand and judge that; that's his own business. However- if it weren't for him, and for that matter many others in PA to help out, I'd probably not have gotten nearly as much out of this event as I have.

If I had information, I posted it- if I had a theory, I posted it (to here, to TPR, to other sites as well)- but please don't make a judgement call on everyone as a generalization. That's NOT fair to those of us who are playing this game as best we can- using the resources we have, and in the space/time alotted. It's bad enough I'm three hours off everyone else for finding clues.

R.D.

Rudie i see you have a theory over on TPR and wont share, I've been scouring the documents and cant pull it out.

So what do you see?

Anything I've posted there is up for grabs- but a lot of people tended not to read everything in the thread- or my posts along the way.

I pretty much spelled everything out- just to be sure all of what I had was there- but there are lines I DO draw in the sand: I will give you the info, I'll give you the hints, I'll even walk you through how we got were we are... but for the answers, well- that's the line. Sorry- no free answers!

Every one of us playing this has done it, for better or for worse, out of a deep passion. I'm one who has loved HP from my first visit 20 plus years ago (1991) when I was there for the opening of SideWinder- and for me this is as much about a new coaster as it is about celebrating HP- and everything it's there for. I have a very deep love for HP- as it's sort of been a home park for me no matter where I go; there is something wonderful about it that I'm very much attached to. Next spring, when whatever it is we're chasing opens (I'm still thinking it's the love child of I305 and Expedition GeForce) I will be taking my new spouse with me- as it's a part of me he hasn't seen before- and one of my truly great childhood experiences, and something I've love as much as I do him. Sentimental? You bet. Sugary Sweet? Perhaps. But for me it's about HP going out of their way to do this from the top down- and as much grumbling, grousing and complaing I've been hit with, I'm loving every minute of it.

I still think, despite the current situation: We're still missing some pieces that probably would open up some pretty big clues/information: If I recall correctly, we never did find the first four digits of the 12 digit code- and perhaps that's the cross-referencing to the Swiss Bank Account info. If we've found it, then I'm off- but as close as I've been watching this, i don't think we've hit it- yet. Also, there are some holes in the plotline I'm still thinking and mulling over- I'm not ready to let those loose for one reason: They're incomplete, and don't make any sense to me. Once I get them out, I'll post them here and on TPR. It's seven days till the party starts- and I'm quite sure HP isn't done with us yet...

R.D.
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:03 am

The 12 digit code from the beginning? It was CLAY from the first survey. You entered the code into the search box and it led you to a letter dating back to 100 years ago.
    dr_humor
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  dr_humor on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:00 pm

I'm new here, so bear with me; let me try to understand this if I can.

Basically, this games included both online components and live components that needed to be discovered at the park. Are you all saying that a group of individuals found clues and held them hostage in their own little group, basically handicapping anyone else from playing along while they had all the information?

And some of that is still being held?
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:24 pm

Essentially, people went to the park, found stuff, and chose to hold on to it until noon yesterday when it was all released. I don't think anything was held as a "hostage" nor was it done with the intent of preventing people from playing the game. More just a "we found it first, so we'll look through it, then release it." (I certainly hope that wasn't done with the intent of getting ahead of others playing the game.) I believe all that information has been released at this point.
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:03 pm

Hey, the RIT site updated today.
    7/25/11
    RIT currently seeking 24 extraordinary Jr. Researchers across Propulsion Dynamics, Gravity Manipulation, Materials & Design, and Interdisciplinary Studies. Apply here.

tedgarb
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tedgarb on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:53 pm

Wow. I go away for a few days and everyone goes this nuts!? I have mixed feelings on the game personally. I appreciate it, and see a certain beauty in the way it has attracted attention much more cheaply than a traditional campaign. I also see how it can be very frustrating, as it is incredibly complex, somewhat excludes people who can't go to the park on a whim, or don't want to spend money on the chance of a development. But whatever. It's still just a game, after all.

All this being said, I have only one request. I would like Hershey to post something explaining how all the hints were supposed to fit together, and a walkthrough of all the steps that were necessary to solve the puzzle, from the beginning. I have been involved in other internet mystery games like this, and it is always the walkthrough at the end that is my favorite part.

PiperArcher
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  PiperArcher on Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:07 pm

tedgarb wrote:
    All this being said, I have only one request. I would like Hershey to post something explaining how all the hints were supposed to fit together, and a walkthrough of all the steps that were necessary to solve the puzzle, from the beginning. I have been involved in other internet mystery games like this, and it is always the walkthrough at the end that is my favorite part.

I agree. I'd like everything explained once it's all over. I STILL have no idea how ANYTHING fits. I just look for unique wording in stuff that may be clues. Also, I don't know what happened with the game because everyone is nuts, holding info, etc. Oh well. I too agree that this game is complex. We'll see what happens. (My fingers are crossed for a Wing Rider. Smile )
    technocolor
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  technocolor on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:35 pm

I just wanted to include my input but Tilt-A-Whirl is being moved to Lightning Racer's Over Flow

tedgarb
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tedgarb on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:55 pm

Why exactly did the thread just migrate again?
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:56 am

tedgarb wrote:Why exactly did the thread just migrate again?
    I'm wondering the same thing too. I'm guessing that we reached the maximium amount of posts inside a thread and the forums went ahead and opened up a new one and closed the other one.

HPfangirl4life
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  HPfangirl4life on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:24 am

I don't care one way or another because I'm just happy to be getting another coaster. However, if it is a wing rider, will we still get airtime hills? If anything, that is what I want...lots and lots of airtime Very Happy

Also, with the new RIT application opening up 24 positions. Seems pretty certain we are looking at number of riders per train. The application could be for the madien ride Very Happy I was going to fill it out, but it's long and it's also too early for my brain to function that detailed.
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:52 pm

Update to CTP - lower right corner

Update to AFW - bottom middle

Update to RIT - bottom left of research page

Update to LMB - bottom of goldenRod85 page

Update to OCPD - guessed the file name

Last edited by CoasterBGW on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

tedgarb
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tedgarb on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:15 pm

Edit: This was a comment on the missing OCPD image, but it was found and now is in the post above this.

Last edited by tedgarb on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:22 pm

I have updated my post with the OCPD image... I guessed the file name from the pattern.
    dr_humor
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  dr_humor on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:50 pm

So add up all the missing letters and you get...
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:51 pm

"in the end only 4[0] will ride" we are still unsure if it should be 40 or 4.
    dr_humor
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  dr_humor on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:56 pm

Hmm. Well, a wing-rider sits 4 across Smile
    ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

Post  ChiefRedskin89 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:30 pm

This is very confusing. To my knowledge neither 40 or 4 mean anything. Furious Baco is only 24 riders per train and Intimidator 305 is 32 so 40 would be way too high. Also the quote "only 40 will ride" doesn't sound right so I'm thinking it's "only 4 will ride".

EDIT: Now that I think about it do you think that the quote means 4 will ride at the end, as in 4 across for a wing rider? I still don't think it will be but you never know.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:18 pm

I'm just wondering what does the Kissing Tower have to do with this. Could it be that the trains will seat four across? I highly doubt that 4 people will ride the Kissing Tower in the end. Don't know what to think at this point.
    ahecht
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  ahecht on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:45 pm

ChiefRedskin89 wrote:This is very confusing. To my knowledge neither 40 or 4 mean anything. Furious Baco is only 24 riders per train and Intimidator 305 is 32 so 40 would be way too high. Also the quote "only 40 will ride" doesn't sound right so I'm thinking it's "only 4 will ride".

EDIT: Now that I think about it do you think that the quote means 4 will ride at the end, as in 4 across for a wing rider? I still don't think it will be but you never know.

Don't forget, only 11 from the online game got to ride Fahrenheit (the 12th seat was reserved for the camera rig, IIRC).

ts4unc
    Kozmo's Kurves level
    Kozmo's Kurves level

Post  ts4unc on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:19 pm

Be Among the First to Hear the 2012 News!

Come to Hersheypark on Tuesday, August 2 and "Rush The Hollow" at 12:12 PM for the big unveil of what's coming in 2012! Enjoy a great day in the Park and join us as we share the exciting news.

While you're here, cool down with our 9 refreshing water attractions of The Boardwalk at Hersheypark, including a lazy river, wave pool, East Coast Waterworks, and more!

AdrenalineJunkie
    Kozmo's Kurves level
    Kozmo's Kurves level

Post  AdrenalineJunkie on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:33 pm

Hershey updated their facebook with a tab with a timer and "12:12 Rush The Hollow"

http://www.facebook.com/Hersheypark?sk=app_128953167177144
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:37 pm

AdrenalineJunkie wrote:Hershey updated their facebook with a tab with a timer and "12:12 Rush The Hollow"

http://www.facebook.com/Hersheypark?sk=app_128953167177144

A few days old. Smile

AdrenalineJunkie
    Kozmo's Kurves level
    Kozmo's Kurves level

Post  AdrenalineJunkie on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:15 pm

^This is the first I logged on to the internet in like 2 weeks and I am trying to keep up as much as possible. Sp I figured I would throw that out there seeing how it wasn't there the last time I was on.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:17 pm

AdrenalineJunkie wrote:^This is the first I logged on to the internet in like 2 weeks and I am trying to keep up as much as possible. Sp I figured I would throw that out there seeing how it wasn't there the last time I was on.

Okay, that's fine. Smile

Dmy11
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  Dmy11 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:40 am

Since the kissing tower is in the picture could the 40 will ride mean that?? There are about 40 that ride that at a time right? And i dont know if anyone else noticed but at the end where it says offices there is a d in there that doesnt belong. Can anyone explain where that comes into play?

AdrenalineJunkie
    Kozmo's Kurves level
    Kozmo's Kurves level

Post  AdrenalineJunkie on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:43 am

^ The extra "d" comes into play with the missing letters coming out to spell "in the end only 4[0] will ride"
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:57 am

Dmy11 wrote:Since the kissing tower is in the picture could the 40 will ride mean that?? There are about 40 that ride that at a time right?
    Between 55 and 60 people can ride Kissing Tower at a time.

Mister Toro
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  Mister Toro on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:04 am

Actually the only two added characters here are the '4' and the 'd'. All other errors are deleted characters. So could this mean forty? Or 4D? Note that the 'd' is also necessary to spell the word 'ride' in the clue.

Mr Talley
    Kozmo's Kurves level
    Kozmo's Kurves level

Post  Mr Talley on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:19 pm

Mister Toro wrote:Actually the only two added characters here are the '4' and the 'd'. All other errors are deleted characters. So could this mean forty? Or 4D? Note that the 'd' is also necessary to spell the word 'ride' in the clue.

4th dimension coaster?????
    ChiefRedskin89

Post  ChiefRedskin89 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:40 pm

I could be wrong but I feel like they are screaming this 4D hint at us...
    dr_humor
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  dr_humor on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:55 pm

Only problem being Intamin does not make a 4d coaster; the WingRide coaster is as close as they get. But, I guess that is, in essence, a 4D. The only 2 characters added? Coincidence? I think not...
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:38 pm

dr_humor wrote:Only problem being Intamin does not make a 4d coaster; the WingRide coaster is as close as they get. But, I guess that is, in essence, a 4D. The only 2 characters added? Coincidence? I think not...
    ZacSpin coasters are closer to 4D than Wingriders.
    dr_humor
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  dr_humor on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:31 pm

In a way, yes....but there is no way in Hades that a Zacspin could be 200 feet high. It's intense as it is.
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:29 pm

Hey, I got some pictures yesterday and I posted them in a new blog here: http://keystonethrills.megabb.com/t313-july-27-update#5358
    dr_humor
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  dr_humor on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:07 am

Great pictures. Really put in perspective just how many supports there are on site. I really dig the color scheme.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:26 am

gb980109 wrote:Hey, I got some pictures yesterday and I posted them in a new blog here: http://keystonethrills.megabb.com/t313-july-27-update#5358

Great update, as always! Smile
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Tease for later...

gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:44 pm

Hey, I got a whole bunch of pictures today, and I just posted a new update here: http://keystonethrills.megabb.com/t315-29th-of-july-a-follow-up-to-the-july-27-update#5370
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:10 pm

I stumbled upon a few interesting documents today that shed more light on the project. The documents are a part of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers call for public comments on the dredging activity that is taking place. You can find the original documents here:
    http://www.nab.usace.army.mil/Regulatory/PublicNotice/Pennsylvania/10-00631.pdf
    http://www.nab.usace.army.mil/Regulatory/PublicNotice/Pennsylvania/10-00631Rev.pdf

Here are some of the interesting developments and confirmations
    - Station will be at the current Tilt-a-Whirl site
    - New pathway along Spring Creek connecting the entrance to Comet Hollow
    - Entire Comet Hollow will be fenced off during construction
    - Hill to Comet Hollow by the Comet station may be re-graded
    - “The project purpose is to construct a new park attraction and to upgrade the surrounding areas to attract more customers”
    - Requested longer time to keep the creek dammed to facilitate construction
    - Creek will be returned to normal on May 1st, 2012
    - All work will be done during periods of low flow (explains the lengthy time period for construction)

EDIT: Sorry, image uploading made the images small, you can view true resolution here:
    http://rydzblog.com/misc/acoe/

First, an annotated map

Layout from the footers

Site plan over aerial photograph

Raw floodway impacts

Raw site plan

Last edited by CoasterBGW on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:46 pm

That's a great find! Thanks for all that info!
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:18 pm

AWESOME FIND MATT!!!!! Love it!!!!! Very Happy Few things I'd like to point out either from your observations or from the actual diagram itself:

1) Is that new path preperations for the park to extend into the golf course once the road re-alignment project is completed?

2) I'm guessing Comet Hollow will close after Hersheypark in the Dark and will not open for Candylane this year because of the re-aligning of the grade by Comet's station?

This also does confirm the station being at Tilt's current site as well as the "end of line" pic from the July 18th clue meaning that the pic of Comet and SDL indicates where the queue entrance will be located. This is really exciting, hopefully this will all be revealed on August 2nd.
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:40 pm

I would think that this area where the new path appears to be going would eventually be a jumping point for a walkway into the golf course when/if the road is moved (I'm saying if only because of the government debt crisis). Also, I don't think it would be possible to have Comet Hollow open for Candylane given all of the work that has to be done, regrading the hill or not.

Unless something changed between February and now, I think this confirms that the station will replace Tilt-a-Whirl and the restrooms. I guess now it's a matter of figuring out where Tilt-a-Whirl will go. I'd think that would be mentioned at the press conference upcoming.
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:21 am

I was just looking at that Kissing Tower picture with the CTP description. Perhaps it's a picture of Kissing Tower because of the American flag on top. It's about former Air Force pilots, US military...a thought that just occurred to me.
    dr_humor
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  dr_humor on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:07 pm

Twas the nite before announcement,
    and all through the thread,
    not a poster was posting,
    it was really quite dead.

take it from there....Smile
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:17 pm

The meetups were planned on the forums with care,
    In hopes that announcement soon would be there.

The posters were anxious all busy with work,
    While visions of airtime danced in their heads.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:44 pm