Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread

vw87tech
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Re: Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread

Post  vw87tech on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:03 am

reply HPCrazy wrote:
    So the Sunken Gardens and Electric Fountain pretty much still existed the first year of Carrousel Circle? I'm guessing you could enter it from where the Hershey fountain is now, am I correct?
    Yeah, that was there for the 1972 season. I would assume that disrepair is what caused them to close off the area. I did a little more reading last night, and one thing I found was that Rhineland was built in two phases. The first phase was immediately outside Carrousel Circle, which opened in 1972, and the rest that connected to Tudor Square opened in 1973. I'm figuring that it didn't go far enough to connect with the Sunken Gardens, so the only way to get to there then would have been via Comet Hollow on the path on the far side of the creek

I think Tropical storm Agnes in the summer of 72 Had a lot to do with so many changes.I think thats what finally killed off the fountain and gardens.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:08 pm

A Brand-new construction update has been posted to the blog showing off the Stengel Dive:
    http://keystonethrills.wordpress.com/2011/12/19/hersheypark-skyrush-construction-update-63-12-19-11/
    Special thanks to Harry, Walter, and Matt on this one!

Last edited by Ccron10 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    andyroo1998
    Kozmo's Kurves level
    Kozmo's Kurves level

Post  andyroo1998 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:34 pm

Man cant wait to see what happens in the next couple of days. Very Happy Im wondering what they will do now with track since there done with the stengel dive. Question
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:46 pm

vw87tech wrote:I think Tropical storm Agnes in the summer of 72 Had a lot to do with so many changes.I think thats what finally killed off the fountain and gardens.
    No, they were planning to eliminate it. They made some changes due to the flood (mostly not building too many new rides in Comet Hollow, but building them in Minetown), but they were trying to get away from the old park, which included the elimination of the Sunken Gardens and Electric Fountain.

Cody-Risko
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  Cody-Risko on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:58 am

Hello guys I am finally on here! Shocker isn't it?
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:01 am

Cody-Risko wrote:Hello guys I am finally on here! Shocker isn't it?
    WELCOME CODY! Razz
    This is Brandon btw. Smile
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:23 pm

Cody-Risko wrote:Hello guys I am finally on here! Shocker isn't it?

You're a little too late, my friend - welcome to the forums, finally! Cool

This is Matt M from Facebook - HPCrazy is just my s/n on here.

Love your sig by the way!
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Breaking News

Post  BrandonStrouphauer on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:03 pm

We officially have confirmation that Tilt-A-Whirl is being moved to Founders Circle. And Tiny Tracks is out. Smile

http://www.hersheyinthespring.com/hersheypark/rides.php

2012 Springtime in the Park admission rates have also been posted, and is visible from that website(hersheyinthespring.com) No hours posted yet. Wink

AND.......

Our favorite steel worker has posted another Skyrush construction video!

http://youtu.be/z-UsnAXB8wk

Last edited by Belo777 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fix a typo)
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:44 pm

The second lift support is going up!

gardener14
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  gardener14 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:20 pm

While at the park this week, I saw a new building across from the Comet's station appropximately where the slush stand and Comet gifts used to be. Does anyone know what this building is for exactly? Is it a replacement for those two former buildings or something else?

gardener14
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  gardener14 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:35 pm

I took a drive alongside the park on Thursday to see the construction of Sky Rush. It's cool to see a coaster partially built with lots of track in place. From within the park it's cool to see some of the track poking up from above the rides in Founder's Circle. I like the peek a boo affect it gives in that area, and I can picture what it will look like with trains flying by. It's harder to imagine what Comet Hollow will look like when the current construction is finished. It's in such a state of limbo right now visually. I'm concerned about how the Sky Rush track wrapping around the Comet's station will impact that area.

I was looking a the construction through the windows in the fence along Rhineland, and there was an employee talking about the state of construction and other things at the park with a couple of visitors. He asked me if I had any questions. It turned out to be the head of maintenance for the park. He said his name was Doug. He said that the construction is behind schedule partly because off the floods, but also because of having to work around an unusually high Spring Creek because of higher than normal amounts of rain throughout the season. He said they still hoped to have it open on time.

He said that the Tilt a Whirl would replace Tiny Tracks in Founder's Circle and that Tiny Tracks is up for sale. He said they decided to sell Tiny Tracks because of ridership and the fact that the other kiddie train exists in Midway America along with Dry Gulch Railroad. He said that many of the games in Comet Hollow are being relocated. I specifically asked about the Skee Ball that was there which he said will return somewhere.

He said that they still don't know what they will do about replacing the Bison at ZooAmerica. They were offered some new Bison by some Bison farmers free of charge, but they don't want a repeat to ever happen. He said they are considering building a sort of floating dock that could float/raise in place as flood waters rose. Presumedly, the Bison could be led onto this dock, tethered, and stay there, floating upward, if another flood occurred.

He went on to describe much of the flood damage, the height of the water, damage to electrical and mechanical systems, and the debris that was moved and found along the stream. He said dumpsters were floated up and move around and a heavy grease vat from a kitchen was lifted on top of a dumpster. He also said that railroad ties were found in the park from upstream and that stuffed animals from the park's games were found a mile downstream.

I had to excuse myself and go meet my family at that point, but he was very friendly and interesting to talk to. I wish I had more time and knew what else to ask him. As I left, he was continuing to talk with the other visitors that were present.

Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:24 pm

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fkeystonethrills.wordpress.com%2F2012%2F01%2F01%2Fhersheypark-skyrush-construction-update-66-12-31-11%2F&h=NAQElTnWUAQG2rSuv2pBJ0VKrpHI2mTPk4AwB_tVT2b4PzQ
    Here's a brand-new update! The lift supports are completed and the the first yellow lift section is sitting on a flatbed ready to be trucked over.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:11 pm

A new update has been posted to the Blog showing off the station and lift motor work that has been going on. Nothing has been done to the lift hill itself yet.
    http://keystonethrills.wordpress.com/2012/01/03/hersheypark-skyrush-construction-update-67-1-2-12/

A color version of the artist's rendering of Skyrush has been posted to the Project 2012 page:

Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Skyrush has been added to the Ride page on the official website:
    http://www.hersheypark.com/rides/detail.php?q=yes&id=97
    andyroo1998
    Kozmo's Kurves level
    Kozmo's Kurves level

Post  andyroo1998 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:08 am

can u see skyrush from the hershey medical center.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:03 am

New Skyrush(in the snow!)update on All-American Thrills-
    http://allamericanthrills.freeforumsblogs.com/t6p90-skyrush-official-discussion-thread#350
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:15 am

Hey guys! the forums have been getting kind of dusty lately so what I plan on doing is posting the Skyrush updates over here from now on. Don't worry, the blog won't be going anywhere and a link to each update will posted to it everytime. I plan on featuring more stuff on it as well as time goes by.

Skyrush Construction Update #77 (1-24-12)
    I managed to swing by the Skyrush construction site twice today to check out what they've done today and here are a few key points:
    - The front part of the restrooms under the station will be one floor with the back of them being under the loading station itself.
    -The upward curve leaving the station has been installed marking the first lift piece to be added.
    -The track piece that transitions from double to no spine has been added to the first drop. Looks like Skyrush's first drop is officially 85 degrees.
    -More of the creekwall has been added and more is about to be started.
    -Only two ladders are left on the flatbed. Shouldn't be long until the lift hill will be capped.
    On to the photos!

That's it for this update, I plan on stopping by again tomorrow to be on the lookout for any more lift pieces going up.
    Feel free to comment!
    andyroo1998
    Kozmo's Kurves level
    Kozmo's Kurves level

Post  andyroo1998 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:36 am

Man I just cant wait till its caped off. looking forward to that update today. Very Happy

QueerRudie
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  QueerRudie on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:42 pm

Phenominal update for pics- and SkyRush is looking that much more like it's time to ride everyday. I'm curious though- I'm presuming the roof area underneath the platform are the future SkyFlush restrooms- but if I recall from the overhead 'map' from a ways back they were in a different place?
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:29 pm

QueerRudie wrote:Phenominal update for pics- and SkyRush is looking that much more like it's time to ride everyday. I'm curious though- I'm presuming the roof area underneath the platform are the future SkyFlush restrooms- but if I recall from the overhead 'map' from a ways back they were in a different place?
    It did look like it on the rendering that the park released when they first announced it, but the idea of them under the station sounds like a good idea since it souble the use of the loading station.

Skyrush Construction Update #78 (1-25-12)
    ANother day, another Skyrush update! Word has it that Clifford was having some minor technical difficulties today. With rain being in the forcast for tomorrow and possibly Friday, capping off the lift may possibly get pushed back. Here is what was found on the site today:
    -More cinderblocks have been added to the new creekwall.
    -The two ladder pieces have been removed from the flatbed.
    - The transfer piece has been added behind the station.
    -More of the roof for the station has gone up.

A new sign has been added to the train.

I'm really interested in seeing how this roof will turn out.

That's it for now! Feel free to comment!

Last edited by Ccron10 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:18 am

NEW SKYRUSH UPDATE- To go to the update, simply click the SKYRUSH LOGO at the bottom of the homepage to go directly to the newest SKYRUSH update! www.allamericanthrills.com
    It's not a "huge" update, still worth checking out! Very Happy
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer on Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:59 pm

NEW SKYRUSH UPDATE- Showing off a flooded construction site! To go to the update, simply click the SKYRUSH LOGO at the bottom of the homepage to go directly to the newest SKYRUSH update! http://allamericanthrills.freeforumsblogs.com/t6p117-skyrush-official-discussion-thread#396
    Also be on the look out for an exciting announcement coming in a few weeks that NO other coaster site even comes CLOSE to having on their sites!
    Only, All-American Thrills!

ADMIN EDIT: I re-added the link so that it takes you directly to the update and so it doesn't look like spam. That way people don't lose their way to the update. Please do that from now on so that if people are looking for a specific update, they don't have to go searching for it. Thanks!
    -Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:48 am

Hersheypark Construction Skyrush Update #79
    Today was pretty windy so no top-off today and even so, they would've had to do deal with a flooded construction site as well. On the brightside, the supports for the brake-run have been put up and the track is sitting below it ready to be lifted into place. Also, a wall seems to be going up between the storage track and station area.

Should be a welcoming site this summer.

Flooded again.

On the brightside, it does give us a taste on how the area will look when it is done.

Serious digging seems to be happening over in Rhineland.

The crest looks high-and-dry.

Shouldn't be long until this dries up considering that last few floods.

The second-to-last piece was added yesterday before the rain.

Let's check out the station.

A wall is going up between the transfer and loading area.

Hard to tell if the elevator is finished growing or not.

I see some blue behind the loading platform.

Not much happening with the Looper Games building, although that does look like some dark gray or green siding behind it.

The brake-run supports are up.

I think I also see some track as well. Smile

They go all the way down to Comet's queue so far. Looks like the track is going to need to go down a slight hill after going over the station.

Transfer table is in-place.

Next week...

Thanks for reading! Questions, comments, etc. are more than welcome. Wink
    vw87tech
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  vw87tech on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:49 pm

Thanks for all the updates. its great for us out of state people!
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:58 pm

Harry over at the Project 2012 Facebook group has posted a great update showing off Skyrush's Station and Comet Hollow right now.
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/media/set/?set=oa.324553764248626&type=1
    Here are a few preview photos. More can be found in the Facebook group.

Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:02 pm

A brand-new update has been posted in the blog section of the forums! Check it out!
    http://keystonethrills.megabb.com/t369-hersheypark-skyrush-construction-update-90
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Thank you very much for all of the updates and links. They help keep me up to date since I can't really make it out to see the construction in person.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:20 pm

No new supports or track have been added to the Stengel turn footer, but the far turnaround footers are starting to go in! All this and more coming up on the update tonight on the blog!
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:17 am

Hersheypark Skyrush Construction Update #90
    http://keystonethrills.wordpress.com/2012/02/23/hersheypark-skyrush-construction-update-90-2-22-12/
    More footers, catwalks, and creekwalls.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:25 pm

Another great update Smile
    By the way, do they still have the sign outside the construction site with the day-by-day countdown?
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Fanatic wrote:Another great update Smile
    By the way, do they still have the sign outside the construction site with the day-by-day countdown?
    Unfortunately they dont, but I believe that opening day is only 91 days away.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:35 am

http://keystonethrills.wordpress.com/2012/02/24/hersheypark-skyrush-construction-update-91/
    A new update has been posted to the Keystone Thrills Blog!
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:53 am

http://keystonethrills.wordpress.com/2012/02/27/hersheypark-skyrush-construction-update-92-2-27-12/
    The supports for the reduction brake are currently being installed!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:41 pm