[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

SeaWorld Orlando - 7/28/2011

Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

SeaWorld Orlando - 7/28/2011

Post  Fanatic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:17 pm

I'm currently transferring photos onto my PC and then onward to an online album for uploading. Here's a little 'teaser' if you will. (Not much of a teaser, to be honest)
    I have a few travel photos of before I visited the parks, but I wanted to get a thread started on one of the parks first. --I'll be editing posts to add pictures periodically-

SeaWorld Orlando

After taking a short off day from travel (for part of it I went to Downtown Disney to look around), I decided to go to SeaWorld first, being the closest park to where I was staying.

Just inside the gate...hmm...rides or exhibits first?

I decided to walk towards the dolphin exhibit, as there was an 'encounter' session starting soon.

Last edited by Fanatic on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Re: SeaWorld Orlando - 7/28/2011

Post  Fanatic on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:12 pm

Manta was up next
    The entrance

The wait time said 20 minutes, but it was really only about 10 minutes of waiting. The rest was used to actually reach the station by walking through empty queues! I got placed in the second row, as I couldn't choose the front since I didn't see an option to do so.
    It was a little better than I expected, actually. The drop was nice, as well as the corkscrews. It wasn't a short ride, which was great also. Overall it was one of the better coasters of the trip.

After stopping to get a drink (I had brought my own but I wanted a souvenir cup Wink), I went to the penguin exhibit.

The first rooms have a few select penguins, and they led into a learning area. Then you enter the last room, which has a moving walkway or observation area if you choose to go there. Lots of penguins in this section, and they were feeding them at the time as well.

Not the best image, but these are some of those penguins in the last room.

Making my way towards the Atlantis ride and Kraken, I walked around the sea lion exhibit. You could feed them at this time, but I decided not to. The white birds like to steal the fish that people throw to the sea lions.

Waiting for food

Here's a shot of Kraken from the sea lion exhibit.

Entrance
    The line was stopped at the gate here because they had technical difficulties with the ride...after a test car was sent through, it opened up. 15 minute wait posted, and by the time this line reached the station, most of the people waiting in the station were through the ride. I waited for the front row, which added 10 minutes to the wait.
    Kraken was awesome. The underground segments were done well, and the front row was intense. It's one of the few coasters where I was actually pushed back into my seat from the force in the turns. The inversions were smooth, and the ride was excellent overall.

[More photos soon]

Current date/time is Mon May 29, 2017 2:44 am