[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

What's On Your Mind?

Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Re: What's On Your Mind?

Post  Stormwinder on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:23 pm

Keep doing that! It makes everyone happier to see the smilies. Very Happy Smile clown cyclops
    By the way, I think that vets try to rip people off. Evil or Very Mad

Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:47 pm

The forums have been quiet for the last few days and I have been very busy lately plus it seems like October is going to be a busy month for me.
    Two weeks ago I visited Elizabethtown College and on Tuesday I sumitted my application. I have also been talking to my teachers and gathering up recomendations.
    As for the month, I hope to have everything (if not, most) sent in for all my college choices by the end of the month. This Saturday I am making a day-trip out to Johnstown for Pitt. The next Saturday is the last SAT test of my life. Smile
    On Columbus Day, I am heading out to Elizabethtown College Interview and then see about making it a personal day trip (I'm driving! Twisted Evil ) lol. Maybe I might make a stop in Hershey since it's on the way.
    On the 18th I'm thinking about going to Hersheypark.
    The following weekend is the last camping trip of the season with a college visit to Penn State Harrisburg which I drove through a few weeks ago and saw that it is at the end of the Harrisburg Airport runway and within perfect view of 3-Mile-Island....kind of gives you a welcoming thought doesn't it? lol

Somewhere in this time, my school bowling team should be starting practice for the season. The first unoffical match will be against Elizabethtown on December 11th I think. I talk more about this once I get a thread started with this (hopefully I can invite my team to join to get some discussion section together?).
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:35 pm

It's typical for the forums to be quiet right now with our work schedules and then people like you, and some of the others with school or college schedules.

That is what you call a busy schedule lol. When will you be making up your mind about which college you'll be attending? You'll have to let us all know. If you know you'll be at HP on the 18th, maybe I'll bump into you while there. Don't hestitate to say do so and say hi.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:37 pm

^ I plan on it, but I probably won't make a decision until January or February. Depending which college I attend, I really want to bring a car to give a little freedom, but I need a job first. Basically the job market sucks.
    As far as October 18th goes, my parent don't know if they want to go, but the good news is that I still might go reguardless. I just need to talk my parents in to allowing me to use the car and to give me a few dollars for dinner. They don't usually do anything on Sunday afternoons. I already have some money saved for admission and I don't think I'd get any souvenirs.
    Hopefully my iPod gets fixed before then (it broke last week) so then I can listen to music and play games while I'm waiting in line.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:07 pm

Tell me about it as far as the job market goes. With the economy the way it is, that doesn't help anything at all.

What kind of car do you guys have? Or do you think you'll eventually get your own car? I'm sold on Fords. My 07 Focus does good on gas mileage.

I hate to see you possibly by yourself at HP. You're welcome to hang with us for a little bit if you'd like. My other friend might be coming too along with Alex, but it all depends on his schedule. I told him if that day doesn't work, then maybe we can do it another day.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:31 pm

Right now I drive my mom's 2000 Malibu which I guess is decent and I'm used to drving. What is really interesting to see is me driving my dad's 2003 Chevy Silverado. I love driving that thing round the places where I go camping, but that thing is a beast on streets and takes up the width of the road.

It's ok. I actually want to go there by myself because I've never done this. I'll be sure to say hi if I see you guys though.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:41 pm

Well, my internet access wasn't working for a while last week, which is part of the reason I haven't been here as much. I have some other things going on a well, but now I should be visiting as often like before. I guess I died down just like the park season. Smile
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:15 pm

HP in the Dark is a week from this Sunday! I love going there in October (with the exception of the Boardwalk being closed). Little to no crowds for a Sunday! Smile

Even though you went with your school group, I think you we're pretty much by yourself at CCL last year I thought.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:17 pm

Busy weekend so far. I just got back from Mast's Farm Corn Maze just west of Morgantown and had some fun. They also have a zipline (failed at it. lol), Potato Gun Shooting, Heyrides, and a petting zoo.
    Tomorrow is the last time I have to take the SAT, ACT, or any other test that ends in a "T". Very Happy cheers
    On Sunday, I get to bowl on a pro-shot oil pattern. What is this you say?
    Whenever you go bowling just for fun, the lanes are coated with a special type of oil to allow the ball to hook, go straight, or do nothing at all. This oil can be set up an endless number of ways and your bowling ball can act differently from each pattern. When you watch pro-bowling on TV, the oil patterns can be extremely challenging and are not what you usually bowl on for fun. I'll talk more about this in a bowling thread which I'll make now.

On Monday I have to head to E-Town for a college interview and the fun part is that I'm driving out there by myself. So what will I do afterwards? Right now I'm leading towards stopping at Chocolate World for lunch, and maybe ride the Tour Ride so I don't have to on the following Sunday.I might also take a peek at Tudor Square and see if those shops are open (doubt it) and purchase a souvenir pin or two a week early and head home.

As for Hersheypark the following Sunday, I might either go with my family or go alone since I saved some money up.

Along with all this it seems like I have a cough or something and with 9 students in my school district with H1N1 and with a lot of others not in school, I hope that isn't the case.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:25 pm

I thought you were originally going with your parents, then it went to possibly by yourself, now your parents again? lol!

I doubt they will have any Tudor Square gift shops open when the park is shut down. They never do. Alex and I usually take an off-season walk down there after the parade at Chocolate World in February and all is usually quiet. If you do stop down, you may see them constructing the HP in the Dark sign but that's about it. This is the last weekend for company buy-outs (which would probably be Sunday since the antique car show is invading the whole place thus the park doesn't have the parking lot available) since HP in the Dark starts a week from today. Nine days and counting - woohoo! Very Happy

As far a your health is concerned, I hope you're doing good and that you're not coming up with something bad, especially before HP.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:47 pm

Yet another change of plans, it seems like now I won't be going to Hershey until December to save money. I have no problem with this since my family has been spending a lot of money on graduation fundrasiers and other stuff lately (also my iPod died too).
    Today I had a college interview at E-Town which I believe went well. I somehow got a carrot cake out of it in the end. I tried to get to the college a different way and see how well it tackles traffic on 222, 422 and 322 by going from Rt. 897, to 419, to 322. This route was all in farmlands and goes past Middle Creek Wildlife Area and on the way I did spot a fox crossing the road. I left at 7:50 and managed to arrive at 9:05. On the way home, I decided to drive past the park since it wasn't far out of my way. I didn't stop at Chocolate World because:
    1. I was NOT going to go in there wearing a sportcoat and tie.
    2. It was too early for lunch.
    As far as what is happening at the park, check out the 2010 thread. I decided to head home about now and took 422 to see which is faster. It turned out it took around 1 hour 30 mins to get home.
    On Thursday, my senior class is going to the Pa Renissance Fair, so I'm hoping it won't rain.
    krosscoasters
    Black Diamond Level
    Black Diamond Level

Post  krosscoasters on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:58 pm

TPR has been hacked.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:09 am

So that's why i couldn't get on it yesterday. I thought their server went down.
    krosscoasters
    Black Diamond Level
    Black Diamond Level

Post  krosscoasters on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:43 pm

They've been hacked again today.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:47 pm

Yeap, hacked would be it.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:38 pm

Now we have to change our passwords. The only problem is that I am registered under and old email address that I last used in 8th grade! I tried to change it before, but the site wouldn't let me. I told Robb about the problem so he might be able to help.
    krosscoasters
    Black Diamond Level
    Black Diamond Level

Post  krosscoasters on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:12 pm

I just discovered my pencil was made in Vietnam.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:56 pm

Awesome. Shocked
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:37 pm

krosscoasters wrote:They've been hacked again today.
    It looks like the hackers my have returned. A few fellow members said they recieved spam in their email addresses from this person. I just checked my mail today it seems that they did it again.
    *sigh*
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:30 pm

Now, it seems the site is up good, for now. Also, the YouTube account robbalvey was hacked too. Deleted all the videos and changed the description.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:17 pm

Today was another busy Saturday. I left home and managed to get up to Penn State Harrisburg in 1hr 20 mins. I was going into this campus visit level headed. This was because my last visit to PSU Berks was kind of crappy; they failed to show me the classrooms for where I'd study at and the whole visit was very unorganized.
    This visit, I'm happy to say was completely different. The staff was very friendly, everything was orderly, the place didn't remind me of a high school and I got to see where I'd be taking my classes. They even welcomed everyone to eat lunch there (the pizza tasted great).
    The only downside I found with the campus is its size. Everything is spread out with the Engineering building being at the from of the campus and the food court and student services building as well as housing was in the very back (possibly a 3/4 mile walk). If I do go here, I will bring a car plus there's not much to do in Middletown from what I've heard.
    Here's some more news I'm proud to announce. I have been accepted to Robert Morris University cheers At least I know I am going some place next year.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:22 am

Did anyone else get this look to the page?
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:35 pm

I have no idea how it got to look like this. I'm going to check it out.

EDIT: I didn't directly find the problem, but I believe that the forum skin made by the creator was deleted from the skin list. What I did was change the skin to something somewhat similar.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:28 pm

It doesn't seem really much similar, but it is in season!
    krosscoasters
    Black Diamond Level
    Black Diamond Level

Post  krosscoasters on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:41 pm

Well then, I'm going to go change my avatar to match it. Excuse me...
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:52 pm

Not changed yet Wink
    krosscoasters
    Black Diamond Level
    Black Diamond Level

Post  krosscoasters on Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:32 pm

Wink I meant to match the background.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:04 pm

Oh, then yes it does match!
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:33 pm

I changed the forum skin again for the coming holiday season. This is the only one I could find for Christmas.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:37 pm

I like it, fits good. Though maybe if they had a Thanksgiving one since that holiday comes first..
    krosscoasters
    Black Diamond Level
    Black Diamond Level

Post  krosscoasters on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:01 am

I forgot to mention this earlier, but we passed Dorney on our way to our competition in Allentown on Sunday. It's the first time I've seen it in person.

(And I just noticed the text is automatically green now--not that I mind)
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:54 pm

What happened to everybody? It seems like there was only 3 or 4 new posts this week. HpCrazy hasn't posted for over a week and a half and it seems like everybody dropped off.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:26 pm

Dunno. I noticed that about HpCrazy, too. I always check the site but I've noticed the big gaps between posts as well. Seems like a lot of people died down. Maybe school combined with the end of the park season has an effect..
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:49 pm

Fanatic wrote:Dunno. I noticed that about HpCrazy, too. I always check the site but I've noticed the big gaps between posts as well. Seems like a lot of people died down. Maybe school combined with the end of the park season has an effect..
    Yes, but Matt (HPCrazy) hasn't been on since almost the middle of October and I somehow highly doubt that he just lost interest in the forums all together.
    We need to somehow make it more interesting.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:42 am

You're right, we do need to make it more interesting. Like get that gallery up and running and maybe some features like that. Or, if you don't mean by features, maybe we need to spread the site and let others know about it - we have 7 zero post users, and the rest under 20 and 100.

Do you know if anything happened to Matt? Or maybe it was something with his computer? He would at least log on, but he hasn't done that since October, either.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:14 pm

Right now I figured out the problem with the photo gallery which is that if I would want more space to post pictures, I would need to buy space. Right now my policy is to do everything free. I'll try looking around to see if I could have them posted on a seprate site.
    Advertising is another problem too. I kind of made the mistake of using Web-Pro (an advertising site) just because it said that it was free. Not long after I signed up, I ended up getting a phone call from them checking up on my service and saying that I would need to pay $45 to continue. I just cancelled it.
    I do have the website in my signature over at TPR and possibly C-net, but I have no idea why traffic is so slow. I'll also do a little more searching on this too.
    As for Matt, I have no idea what's been going on with him. He did say that he was going to go to Hersheypark in the Dark and then he hasn't returned since. And he is one of those people who would immediately post a trip report a day or two after his trip. My guess is that he could be having computer trouble, but for 3 weeks? I don't know about that.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:49 pm

Good, keep it free. I wouldn't want to spend money on something like that with a fairly new site, either.
    Advertising is the best way to go about expanding, before adding features.
    I know Matt as someone who would be here the day after posting pictures, etc. like you said. I would guess that it is computer problems, but even when I have computer problems, its never for 3 weeks. I doubt he forgot about the site and doesn't want to be a part of it or something. Maybe something personal is going on that's preventing him from doing things he would normally do. I can't tell from here, though.
    ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

Post  ChiefRedskin89 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:40 pm

Yeah free is defenatly the way to go. And there has to be a way to increase traffic. I'm thinking like if you post a PTR on coaster-net or something, instead of posting the whole thing just put a link to this site practically making them atleast see the site and getting some more members to join it and expose it more. I just really like this site and want to see it prosper.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:47 pm

Yeah, I like what you said. Kind of make others have to at least visit the site to see what they want.

Oh, and HpCrazy is back!
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:38 pm

Aw, I didn't realize I was the talk of the town around here. Sorry if I haven't been on, I haven't been here for the same reason I couldn't be at HP in October, busy stuff going on, plus lousy weather. They did send me a 09 map after I requested one though. I do plan on being at Candylane this Saturday (the 14th) for all interested. We'll be there around 4:30ish or something like that. So expect a PTR sometime after that.

After reading the posts, I agree with what's being said about a gallery. That really needs to happen one way or the other. It would draw people and when I would post my PTR's of HP on here in the past, I informed Screamscape about it and that helped bring in some traffic. I plan on doing the same thing when I go to Candylane this week.

Perhaps, we also need a group on Facebook and to really make that active as well (or maybe a Twitter account too to inform people of updates). We tried with just HPCrazy on Facebook. People joined, but that was about it. Perhaps if the word on that gets around Facebook, perhaps that will draw people in here. I'd love to see a really active Facebook group, plus I'd be able to inform some of my friends (Alex is also on Facebook) which would maybe lead them over here to the site.

Just some suggestions. Hopefully they'll help. Smile
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:29 pm

Great to hear that you're back, just glad nothing bad was the reason you weren't here. I like the idea of some social networking accounts for the site. A better way to spread the site, for sure.
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:40 pm

Fanatic wrote:I always check the site but I've noticed the big gaps between posts as well. Seems like a lot of people died down. Maybe school combined with the end of the park season has an effect..

It is a very depressing time of year. Last weekend was the first week that I was not at a park this year since March 28th.

Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:42 pm

It does get depressing this time of year. Not only because of the parks closing, but the fall just makes you feel that way. I just don't like it. At least there are some great holidays coming up to kind of take the feeling away for a bit, and then we can look forward to the new park season. Surprised
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:11 pm

I was wrong. I guess we are lucky because we do have Hershey open for Christmas. It does not start to get depressing until after Christmas.

Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:52 pm

Well, that's true also. But I do like it when it snows. bounce
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:46 pm

But then we also have "Chocolate February" during the month of February. While the park isn't open, you can get your off-season blues at Chocolate World with the Chocolate Parade and other festivities. Even ZooAmerica is open free admission for one weekend as part of their "Community Weekend" festivities. Alex and I have started doing this for something to do in the off-season, and also gives us a chance to drive around the park to take pics.

But yeah, we are one of the fortunately places that does open for Christmas. Unfortunately, more parks don't celebrate it and should because the possiblilities are endless what you can do with a holiday event like with a Halloween event.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:51 am

I forgot about February. I guess I've never thought that it would be opened that time of year. So that will make it a little bit better. Wink

A lot of parks should celebrate holidays more. You'll be surprised how may people would like to see their park open for a holiday and attend.
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:17 pm

Still puting away my Halloween stuff, going to Celebrate Christmas on Sunday.

Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:53 pm

I know what that's for - lol! I'll be doing the same thing tomorrow too. Smile
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:22 pm

On Saturday, two things happened (one good and the other bad depending on the way you look at it).
    I recieved a thick letter in the mail and it was for my acceptence to Penn State Harrisburg. I was accepted into their Mechanical Engineering program.At this point, it seems more logical going there because it is somewhat closer to home, I am allowed into their program (at Robert Morris, I was accepted because I applied as undecided), and I am familiar with the area and no, Hersheypark is not the reason why I like this college. I also want to add that their dorm rooms have a kitchen, 2 bathrooms, hold 4 ot 6 people, private bedrooms, laundry, living room, and have internet (a lot better than the other colleges I've seen).
    The bad news is that I am eliminating York College from my college list. The reason was because of their high SAT score for their engineering department and the lack of openings. The college never really ranked high on my list anyways.
    So here's the status so far on my ranking:
    Penn State Harrisburg: Accepted (Mechanical Engineering)
    Robert Morris University: Accepted (Undecided)
    University of Pitt @ Johnstown: Waiting (Mechanical Engineering Tech.)
    Elizabethtown College: Waiting (Engineering)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:56 am