Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

The Healthcare Reform Discussion

Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

The Healthcare Reform Discussion

Post  Ccron10 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:14 pm

If this discussion gets to heated, I will lock it.

The biggest news lately seems to be the Healthcare reform and it seems to be a popular topic. But do we really need it? 80% of people are happy with what they have now.
    From what I understand, this reform will completely change the country.
    You will be given a public and private plan, but most businesses will change over to the public plan because it is cheaper. You will also have to meet with a healthcare advisor every 5 years and discuss the best way to shorten your life. Depending on your age, you might be turned away from the care you need since there will be many people in line for the same care in front of you. The average life expectancy will drop.
    That may have sounded almost impossible that it could happen, but look at Canada and Britain. They basically have already had this happen to them.

The White House and Senate are trying to paint this reform as a pretty picture and get it passed any way they can reguardless of what the American people think. Just look at all the people speaking out at the town meetings with their senators. These people are getting up to voice their opinion , but Speaker Pelosi is calling these people mobs, racists, terrorists and it got much worse. They are even trying to get people to snitch on others for people who are posting, sharing and broadcasting material that is "fishy" (a.k.a.: something that doesn't go by their pretty picture of a reform). In fact could probably get reported to them for posting this topic! Laughing If you don't believe me, read this:
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/index.html

This whole reform just angers me and I'm just happy that I could post this and voice my opinion.
    Your thoughts?
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Re: The Healthcare Reform Discussion

Post  Ccron10 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:49 pm

I have started looking through the actual Healthcare bill and from what I can tell it seems like reading another language. It kind of reminds me of a Shakespeare story because it kind of needs Spark Notes or Cliff Notes to read!
    On just about every page there is a refrence to some sort of bill or admendment in other congress documents in which if you haven't read those, you wouldn't understand the sentence you were reading!
    Here's an example from Page 16 out of the 1017 pages of the first paragraph:
    Sec. 102. Protecting the Choice to Keep Current Coverage:
    (a) Grandfathered Health Insurance Coverage Defined- Subject to succeeding provisions of this section, for purposes of establishing acceptable coverage under this division, the term "grandfathered helath insurace coverage" means individual health insurance coverage that is offered and in force and effect before the first day of Y1 if the following conditions are met:
    Then it goes on and on with jibberish that no one can understand.

I can tell you one thing, this bill would make some good in the campfire! Laughing

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:29 am