Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Hersheypark 2010 Adition Discussion (NEW SHOWS)

HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Re: Hersheypark 2010 Adition Discussion (NEW SHOWS)

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:49 pm

Well whatever they do, they need a nice sit-down restaurant within the park bounderies. Something like Midway Market at Cedar Point, or Rivertown Junction at Kings Island, would be nice.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:37 am

At this point I believe we could rule out any major attraction. If we don't get anything as far as rides I wouldn't care. A few park improvement would be good and by god, paint Storm Runner. Its color is already pink and probably if they let it go for another 5 years it would probably be all white.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:24 pm

I took notice about Storm Runner as well. Not only is the red paint fading, but some of it is wearing off from the trains running for the past five years or so.

I really wouldn't anticipate seeing another major new attraction either with the Boardwalk in two phases, plus Fahrenheit and maybe Reese's X-treme Cup, if you consider that a major attraction. I'd love to see a new flat or two but it would be nice to take a break for a year.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:26 pm

So my prediction for the season is minimal to no change at all, as in no new rides but maybe a change of some scenery and stuff.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:52 pm

I am sure we'll see changes of some sort, just not what kind as of yet. Either it will be a flat or two added, or maybe some shop/food stall changes, additions. Things like that. I'm sure they wouldn't just let the park sit all winter without changing things around a little for the upcoming season.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:35 pm

I know they will have a change or two, though I believe it to be the latter of what you said, like a shop or two changed or some scenery. Like you said, they can't go a winter without changing something.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:05 pm

Like what I've mentioned, they need another sit-down restaurant located within the park's boundry. It can placed somewhere I'm sure. This would make a great addition besides a ride.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:41 pm

I never really go to the restaurants, except when it's raining. Otherwise, Nathans would do, but I agree with you that they need a sit down restaurant.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:33 am

Most theme parks should at least have more than just one sit-down restaurant. The door could be opened more to a variety of options with something like this, like Character dining (I do believe they do this at the Resorts, but should expand it to the park if necessary). I know they have Breakfast with Santa for CCL at Tudor Grill and that may include characters, but they should offer something even for locals in the summer, and not just during the holidays.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:13 am

Posted at Screamscape:
    (11/10/09) While nothing new is expected to open at Hersheypark in 2010 right now, we have heard that the Trailblazer may get a big renovation that could see a new station built for the mine train, as well as other several other small improvements around the park. Another such concept said to be in the works may be improved queues for the Kissing Tower and Twin Turnpike.

This kind of goes back to me saying that Trailblazer doesn't have an elevator making it not handicap friendly. If its a new station, then this means the ride may be sticking around for the long-haul. I really hope that the building does have a good mine-theme.
    The queues for Kissing Tower can probably be confusing with the seperate queues. They are probably likely to make the queue all one line in the building. As for Turnpike, I have no idea what they could do.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:32 pm

I would like to see the station be renovated, but keep the mine theme. Maybe it will be a little more themed and have some different features. It has a lot of queue bars but they are barely and rarely ever full.

I also like the idea of remastering the queues for the Kissing Tower and Turnpike. I actually got confused, not for how to go on what ride, but which queue was for which ride. Though I don't really remember what the queues looked like exactly since I haven't been that far up in Minetown in a while.
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:34 pm

I saw the rumor too. Why Trailblazer? It is already the most themed roller coaster in the park. They should work on some of the other roller coasters first. I think all they plan on doing with the line areas for Kissing Tower and Twin Turnpike is to replace the bars with chains. They are probably tired of repainting the bars. Every new ride since 2004 has gotten chains in the line area.

Last edited by Stormwinder on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:40 pm

I agree with both parts of what you said. Come to think of it, Trailblazer is the most themed coaster, considering that some of the others can't really be themed...
    Maybe it will be chains, or maybe some parts of the queue will be taken away to make a little more room and to make it less confusing, like what was said.

tatertot3710
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tatertot3710 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:14 pm

Good move on trailblazer, I suppose. You usually have to jup over or squeeze through the wooden railings to get to a line. The railings also look really confuzing. I can't imagine what it would be like with those being used.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:53 pm

It would probably be a little easier, since there's no empty space that you need to crawl your way through- lol
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:27 pm

So the deal is that they're tearing down Trailblazer's station and building a new one? Or what's the scoop there?

The Kissing Tower can be somewhat confusing, especially on a busy day when the place is packed and they use both sides. Usually they let every other side board, switching back and forth. Perhaps they're going to combine the two (with chainlink switchbacks), making everyone exit on the other side closer to the turnpike, that's normally used on busy days when both queues are filled.

As far as the turnpike, all I can say is that they are just replacing the rails with chainlinks. I can't see what else they can do there.

Sounds almost like 2005 when Founder's Circle was renovated, and Trailblazer and Roller Soaker were both repainted.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:49 am

I guess they would tear down the station, though I'm guessing more of a renovation that demolition and rebuilding. But, who knows?
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:54 am

Maybe so more of a renovation then a demolition.

If you haven't been following with WDW's Tomorrowland Skyway station, they completely removed the entire second floor and the front part of it, leaving the restrooms only remaining. Now I know HP wouldn't be doing this unless they plan on demolishing and rebuilding. I guess we'll find out from passer-byer's who drive down the road by there over the winter.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:58 am

Or, it may never be done this year. It is a rumor still.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:59 am

True as well. You can't always rely on Screamscape for accurate information.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:18 pm

HPCrazy wrote:True as well. You can't always rely on Screamscape for accurate information.
    I kind of dissagree with this. Back in July 2007 Screamscape got a pretty good rumor stating what Fahrenheit was going to look like (very accurate). While they can't always be 100% correct, I do think Lance gets pretty accurate sometimes.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:42 pm

Depends on what they are reporting on. If it's a rumor from just one person that they posted on there, chances are it is more incorrect than correct. But, they can be pretty accurate with things.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:46 pm

Unless the source is from a park or knows of someone who works for a park and such.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:20 pm

Any news on the drop tower rumor?
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:12 pm

I don't know, but I do wish they would get one. They are one of the few theme parks out there without one.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:19 pm

It's one ride that is at most parks that they don't have, but then again they do have the Claw. I would think it would best in PF.

Last edited by Fanatic on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:07 pm

And a bunch more flats like the Troika, Chance Wipeout (alot better than what Rodeo was), Top Spin, etc. These would all fit nicely in Hersheypark.

I'm also guessing that we're getting away from 2010 discussions here, if none of these are even being added for the upcoming season.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:26 am

Yeah, this more of a Hersheypark's future discussion. But during the seasoning, you have to guess and wonder about what will happen next.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:42 pm

HPCrazy wrote:And a bunch more flats like the Troika, Chance Wipeout (alot better than what Rodeo was), Top Spin, etc. These would all fit nicely in Hersheypark.

I'm also guessing that we're getting away from 2010 discussions here, if none of these are even being added for the upcoming season.
    None of those rides can be manufactured anymore. Hershey never purchases any used rides.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:19 am

How come Kings Dominion got the Tripple Spin in 2002? I believe that was new, unless I'm wrong there.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 on Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:59 pm

HPCrazy wrote:How come Kings Dominion got the Tripple Spin in 2002? I believe that was new, unless I'm wrong there.
    If so, then that had to be the last one ever added to a park that isn't used. Rides are just like cars. Each year, a bigger and better model is usually released with added features and better designs.
    It's fun browsing some of the compay website and seeing what products they are offering.

EDIT: Nevermind, Chance Morgan does still have the Wipeout on it's ride list and so does Huss with it's Top Spin. I don't think Troikas are made anymore though.
    hpinsane
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  hpinsane on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:57 pm

Has anyone driven down by the Trailblazer to see if work's been done with the station? I would figure if they're going to do work, they could start on it now, right?
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:13 pm

I was at Candylane and Trailblazer was not touched at all. The trains were even still in the station

Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:46 pm

Yes, I saw the rear of the station from the Twilight Express when I was there Saturday night, and there was no one down there or anything touched. I couldn't see any trains though.

trumpetplayer105
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  trumpetplayer105 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:42 pm

maybe i can shed some light for you guys, since i have worked in the rides dept at hershey for 3 years. There is rumor of a possible remodeling of trailblazer's station to allow for either handicap ramps or an elevator. That is unknown as of right now. Turnpike has been imment domained by the government due to some road work they want to do around the turnpike area. Sidewinder could see some possible renovating as well with new restraint systems and building the wall out further in the operators booth. There has been some talk flying around about the monorail too but we really dont know whats gonna happen just yet. But we do know the park will not be getting any new rides for 2010.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:52 pm

Roadwork in the Turnpike area? Are you referring to Rte 743? Does this mean the ride is getting removed or reconfigured? Also about the monorail, I hope that ride isn't going anywhere for awhile. I hope what you were referring to is beefing up the ride and doing some renovating.

Remodeling Trailblazer's station would be a great benefit. That structure could use some work when I come to think of it. Would also be nice to see it receive some new paint as well, since the ride itself got some new paint a few years ago.
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:53 pm

So we may not see turnpike opened next year? The Monorail would also be a problem too.

trumpetplayer105
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  trumpetplayer105 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:57 pm

i dont think turnpike is going anywhere. but they are doing some road work there on 743 so they may have to reconfigure the ride for the time being. As far as the monorail goes...those are the original trains that have been there for 32 years. Seeing as to how they are so old, the tend to give us problems such as blown tires, electrical shorts etc, etc. Hershey was in talks with disney to buy there monorail trains, but that was before that crashed this summer. But even in order to do that, they would have to reconfigure the track. Getting new tires for those trains is impossible since Michelin doesn't make them anymore. I don't think they plan to take it out anytime soon. Its still under contract with Capital Blue Cross.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:05 am

Whew, that's a relief! Glad you joined up here to talk to us and answer some of our questions! Did you happen to see my pencil drawing I made of the park on here? Let me know what you think of it!

Also, I thought Disney privately bought HERCO and owns HP and DW. I've seen so many obvious reasons why this would have happened. The way the characters look now, the Boardwalk being more detailed than the other areas, the pin trading now at both parks, Chocolate World's tour ride and 3-D show, Reese's X-treme Cup, etc. I know CW and HP / DW are two different outfits, but I a reliable source has informed me of this info sometime last year. They all seem to fit the bill with Disney's way of things. Do you know anything about this?

trumpetplayer105
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  trumpetplayer105 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:11 am

Its nice to find a place to discuss the park. Especially with people who are interested, and yes I saw your drawing and that is incredible! lol.

Now, as far as the whole Disney buying Hershey. I have heard people talk about it before but I didn't it was ever finalized. I don't Milton Hershey would ever allow something like that to happen and if it did he would be turning over in his grave. I have nothing against Disney. But I was there back in April and I really didn't see to much resemblance between the two. I can understand the detailing of the boardwalk being really good because they wanted to give guests the impression that they really were at the beach and not just some water park. I'll have to look into the Disney, HERCO deal.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:34 pm

Yes, because there are just too many obvious scenarios there. I mean when Midway was built, they could've made it more detailed (not that it isn't detailed, but I mean like Disney quality). The Boardwalk, IMO, "is" Disney quality, as is the current version of the Chocolate World ride, the 3-D Show and Reese's X-treme Cup (minus the queue on that one, other than the story on the monitors). I've ridden both Kings Dominion and Kings Island's Scooby Doo dark rides, and while they were nice, you can tell they were done more on a budget (especially the KD one). You compare them to RXCC and Hershey's beats them both out quality-wise.

When my source told me about it, I thought they were messing with me at first, but they said no, it's definitely true. I asked them when it happened, and they told me around 2002 when Dutch Wonderland was purchased. This was also around the time when the characters had their change from the previous versions to the more current Disney-like versions (which I like the most).

By the way, if you ever want to chat sometime, maybe we can exchange IM if you have one. Wink
    hpinsane

Post  hpinsane on Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:56 pm

There is absolutely, positively no truth to Disney privately owning Hersheypark.

Hersheypark is owned by Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Company, a private company which is controlled by the Hershey Trust Company (who obviously owns Milton Hershey and a majority control of The Hershey Company). Hershey Entertainment and Resorts controls the Entertainment Complex (the Giant Center, Hersheypark Stadium, Hersheypark Arena and Hersheypark) and Dutch Wonderland as the Entertainment division and also has the Resorts division (The Hotel, the Spa, the Lodge, various restaurants owned by Hershey Entertainment and Resorts).

The reasons why they're putting in more Disney-quality themed areas and rides is because they're trying to compete with Disney in a time when Hershey is out-performing Disney thanks to the rocky economy of 2006-2007 and the recession of 2007-2009.

So I can't say this enough, there is absolutely no truth to Disney owning Hersheypark.

trumpetplayer105
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  trumpetplayer105 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:34 pm

If Hershey was owned by Disney, I imagine they would mention it somewhere in our company orientations. Hersheypark is a part of the Hershey Entertainment and Resorts company as mentioned above.
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:14 pm

trumpetplayer105 wrote: As far as the monorail goes...those are the original trains that have been there for 32 years. I don't think they plan to take it out anytime soon. Its still under contract with Capital Blue Cross.

If they are the orignal trains, what about the first 8 years the ride was in the park. Having Capital Blue Cross as a sponsor does not mean anything. The Giant Wheel had Giant food stores sponsoring it, when it was removed they sponsored the skyview.

Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:46 pm

The reasons why they're putting in more Disney-quality themed areas and rides is because they're trying to compete with Disney in a time when Hershey is out-performing Disney thanks to the rocky economy of 2006-2007 and the recession of 2007-2009.
    -hpinsane

I would say that is the most probable and probably -the- reason for this.

trumpetplayer105
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  trumpetplayer105 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:52 am

I can tell you that I am 100% positive that Hershey is NOT owned in anyway shape or form by Disney. What you heard were lies. I have my sources, one of which has been with the park for 7 years now.
    hpinsane

Post  hpinsane on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:10 pm

trumpetplayer105 wrote:I can tell you that I am 100% positive that Hershey is NOT owned in anyway shape or form by Disney. What you heard were lies. I have my sources, one of which has been with the park for 7 years now.
    Seven seasons, that's a long time! I've only done five seasons. Your source started back in 2002 or 2003?
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:16 pm

trumpetplayer105 wrote:I can tell you that I am 100% positive that Hershey is NOT owned in anyway shape or form by Disney. What you heard were lies. I have my sources, one of which has been with the park for 7 years now.

If that's the case, and then who is responsible for them?

trumpetplayer105
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  trumpetplayer105 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:21 am

I dont know where the rumor started but thats all it was. HersheyPark is owned by HERCO, (Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Company).
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:57 am

....and HERCO alone.

I wouldn't like to see HP owned by Disney. To be honest, its better to stay an independent (although slightly not) park.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:23 am