Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Planet Snoopy to invade former Paramount parks

HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Planet Snoopy to invade former Paramount parks

Post  HPCrazy on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:15 pm

With the Nickelodeon contract set to expire at the end of this year, it looks like we will be seeing Snoopy and the gang finally arrive to at least four of the new Cedar Fair parks next season. According to Screamscape, as well as their respective official websites, Kings Dominion, California's Great America, Canada's Wonderland and Kings Island will be receiving Planet Snoopy areas replacing Nick Universe/Central, Kidzville and Hanna-Barbara lands. I don't think this will have an affect on the Scooby dark rides since I believe these parks (as well as Carowinds) have a contract with Sally for those dark rides so that should be good. Will be nice to finally see these parks make the official transformation into Cedar Fair parks finally.

I will miss the Nick and Hanna-Barbara characters though and Nick Universe was one awesome area to experience during my recent trip at Kings Island. Hopefully this will still keep Kings Island as having the "Best Kid's Area" around. I wonder what they'll re-name the Fairly Odd and Scooby Doo coasters?

Considering that Kings Dominion is added Intimidator 305 as well, I was very surprised to see that they will also be receiving this renovation/addition. Looks like 2010 will be a great year for them.

Any ideas on ride/area re-theming can be discussed here.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Re: Planet Snoopy to invade former Paramount parks

Post  Fanatic on Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:32 am

Well, Planet Snoopy is still a good theme to have around. I did like some of the Nickolodean themes, and they were well known by the newest generation. I wonder what they'll rename those coasters too, considering they have been known as different names for quite awhile.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:34 pm

I walked through Planet Snoopy at Cedar Point and that was a nice little area for the kids. However, I envision these areas to be alot greater, since the areas that they will be occupying have greater land size. I guess the parks will announce more once the 2009 season is over.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:01 pm

Even if they don't just rename rides to fit with the theme, Planet Snoopy should allow the park to open more rides, because the theme can have many more rides be named along with it.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:50 pm

Well I'll definitely be following this when each park announces more details on what they plan to do. It will be very interesting.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:12 am

I like how each park and group of parks has a theme to them, like Six Flags generally has Looney Tunes, and Snoopy for Cedar Fair. Hersheypark has it's own theme, which I love about it - of chocolate and the characters associated with it! Smile
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:19 pm

I know, that's one nice thing about HERCO being an independent corporation (and even though they're a small chain with Dutch Wonderland as well) and that they have their own unique characters (Hershey candies, Duke, and the Princess and Knight). I think this helps them stand out from that standpoint, instead of having clones at both parks (like Six Flags with Batman, Superman, the Dark Knight, Looney Tunes MovieTown, National Park, Seaport, etc and even Cedar Fair with names like Flight Deck, something with "Hawk" behind it like Thunderhawk, Firehawk, Nighthawk, etc).
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:52 am

Exactly, it gives it a nice original feel. And I never caught on to the Cedar Fair "-hawk" theme, thanks for pointing that out! Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:52 pm