Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Hersheypark Carrousel Recogizition

HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Hersheypark Carrousel Recogizition

Post  HPCrazy on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 pm

Found this is Screamscape:

Resort News - (10/7/09) The Hersheypark Carrousel was honored this past week by the National Carousel Association when they presented the park with a plaque for all the dedicated work they’ve done to preserve the Hersheypark Carrousel, which was first built by PTC back in 1919 before being moved to Hersheypark in 1945.

Glad to see them get such an honor for such a beautiful piece. Perhaps Disney World may get something similar with their carousel, as it's just a beautiful as Hershey's and they also take great care of it.
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Hersheypark Carrousel Recogizition

Post  Ccron10 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:03 pm

Hershey does a great job taking care of the Carrousel. They have a good sign and carpentry department and one of the artists in the sign shop usually does touch-ups on the horses over the winter. Here's an example of one of the horses: I'm not sure if this is a horse the park uses, but either way, it's pretty detailed.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:44 pm

The Carousel is really over the top. One of the best I've been on. Even has the musical contraption working great, too. Everything is in great shape on it.
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:13 pm

Speaking of your mention of the sign shop, I know they have a great sign dept because I think alot of their signage is top notch. This also includes all the HP in the Dark ride signage overlays as well as any special signage for Christmas.

Back on topic, too bad other parks can't learn lessons off of Hershey when it comes to their carousels. Hershey's looks like it was constructed last year versus other park's models that aren't in as good of shape. I see this when visiting other parks.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:27 pm

It's one of the few authentic carousels I've been on, too. The ones at small amusement parks near me take after the park. They're pretty much small and with little detail
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:17 pm

The ones you're referring sound like carnival models and such. It'd be nice to compare HP's carousel with other via pictures.
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:15 am

That is kind of what I'm referring to. I don't have any pictures at the moment since the fairs are gone and the parks are generally closed, though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:38 am