Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Worlds of Discovery Hawaii

Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Worlds of Discovery Hawaii

Post  Ccron10 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:24 pm

Aloha!
    My staff and me have been very busy lately. Why do you ask? Because we are in the process of building Hawaii's first theme park in several years! I want to apalogize in advance for my camera. It seems to have the habit of taking pictures with the menu screen displayed. Time for me to go in-depth about our company.

Lately we've been in the amusement industry news for being bought by the Blackstone from In Bev and now all the Busch Parks are going to be called Worlds of Discovery Parks instead. Not long after this decision became final, Blackstone announced that they want to stake their claim and bring back the thrill industry to the citizens of Hawaii with a new park called World's of Discovery Hawaii.

Almost 60 years ago the company Hersheypark in Hershey Pennsylvania decided to branch out and stake it's claim with a park in Hawaii to give it's citizens and tourists something more than volcanoes and beaches. For 55 years the park prospered and grew to feature many popular restaurants, hotels, and even a small waterpark. In it's 55th year, it was announced that the park will close, sell off the hotel, and build a new zoo on some of the land. Just recently Hershey announced some plans to refurbish and use some of the land possibly for a new entertainment complex which could bring a theme park to the complex. If this is the case, then we welcome the competition and hope them success.

The new site for Worlds of Discovery will be located just to the east of Honolulu off of Hawaiian Interstate H-3. Luckly the Blackstone Corperation has aquired a big, flat parcell of land. Our Phase One plans are to construct our waterpark which features 3 slides, a wavepool, lazy river, kids play area, several shops and restaurants. The plans also call for a 20 attraction tropical theme park with 3 roller coasters, a volcanic mountain similar to the one that was featured in Hawaiian Escape's skyline, and many shops and eateries.

We are currently one-quarter of the way through construction and moving at a steady pace. I plan on creating a Facebook page to keep track of construction and the park's performance sometime soon.

Stay Tuned!

Current date/time is Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:54 am